Question about Oribe (Olivia)

So i've heard Oribe can change into some classes like myrmidon or sword master etc. so if i train olivia as a dancer and then i change her into a myrmidon/swordmaster she will have the ability to dance? or she will lose it? and if i train her as a swordmaster then she can't go back to dancer right?

This is correct: dancing is not tied to skills.

Like most other classes, Dancers have two skills. Their LV1 skill is Luck +4, which does exactly what it says it does and has nothing to do with dancing. Their LV15 skill is Special Dance, which adds stat bonuses to the dance, but only works when in the Dancer class to dance in the first place.

On a tangentially related note, Dancers have caps high enough that Olivia can train in other classes and then return to Dancer with Lightning Speed and Sword Expert to competently kill some enemies and then get a second action to use for dancing all in one turn. I set her up this way today, and it's really fun.

but oribe is the only one who can be a dancer can't she? so she would be the only swordmaster to have that ability. so what if she is a sword master and chamge back to dancer, will she keep astra as a skill? or will she lose it?

Edit

oh so she can be good for fighting too? because i always liked to use dancers as fighters :3

Edited by Princess Syrenn

Any actual skills can be kept in any class, and even skills like Astra and Lethality that previously were used with specific weapons now work with anything.

You have the game, why don't you find out. :P

According to Serenes mainsite, no. She'll pass down Mercenary and Barbarian, but since MU already gives Mark both of them, it's kinda pointless.

All Marth could get is Luck +4 and Special Dance, yet be unable to use it. That's if the main site is to be believed.

But I don't get that, if Mark can be a Taguel and a Manakete. You could also try and pair Olivia with Krom to see if Lucina gets it.

All Marth could get is Luck +4 and Special Dance, yet be unable to use it. That's if the main site is to be believed.

But I don't get that, if Mark can be a Taguel and a Manakete. You could also try and pair Olivia with Krom to see if Lucina gets it.

Any more than 1 dancer would allow for infinite movement in a single turn.

Edited by arvilino

You have the game, why don't you find out. :P

According to Serenes mainsite, no. She'll pass down Mercenary and Barbarian, but since MU already gives Mark both of them, it's kinda pointless.

According to the site, those passed-on classes are only for gender-opposite children, i.e. Azure. I'd assume Olivia!Mark, being female, wouldn't have those same kinds of changes.

well im gnna make olivia as a swordsmaster it could be a beast

I've already got her in mind for a Swordmaster and going to give Astra to Azure so he can have that, Sol, and Lethality from his daddy (Gaia)

Edited by Andreyas

I'll be reclassing Azure to Berserker so he can have Wrath and Axe Expert too. I think after that I'll go Swordmaster for Sword Expert. Then, when he's finally a Hero again, he'll have Astra, Lethality, Sol, Sword and Axe Expert. Also will have Gamble and Wrath in reserve if I want him to be a crit fiend.

Back on topic... I think I'll have Olivia reclass to a Myrmidon/Swordmaster once she hits Level 10 and then reclass her back to a Dancer like Othin. Although, I could make her an Assassin as well and get her Lethality. Olivia solo-run anyone? Lol.

I suppose only one works especially with Special Dance.

Edited by Andreyas

I reclassed her to Pegasus Knight, then had her promoted to Dark Pegasus, then to Swordmaster; she was nearly invisible, but then she was also my highest level unit. Now I have her as bride, and she has maxed out strength, skill, speed, and luck. I dunno why, but I think she might be my favorite character.