Rate the Unit: Day 39 - Titania

People take Haar's weakness to magic way too seriously sometimes.

Titania is the one type of Paladin I love - she has Axes, awesome bases, and good growths to back everything up. While she definitely could use a Speeedwing to close the doubling gap on Halberdiers and Warriors, I find that it's okay if you really want to wait. Besides, she's still OHKOing Generals like a boss with Hammer. She doesn't really need a Master Crown either thanks to her high base level and pulling most of her work. Oh, don't forget Canto for additional ridiculousness.

There are a couple of weaknesses just like Ike has that Titania suffers. The first is her awkwardness in a couple of the chapters. Notably, there's 3-7 and 4-3 where her mount kind of harms her. You can kind of cheat in 4-3 with a Rescue staff if you want to. The second might be her Spd cap in Tier 3 could be better, but she'll manage fine with a Brave Axe instead. Her Spd is good enough for 4-E-1, which is probably one of the few times it seriously matters.

I find it crazy how Titania is one of the few units, if not the only, to stay good in two games. Okay, Ike comes close and so does Jill, but that's about it.

10/10. And yes, I find a 10/10 completely justified. She definitely does more work than Ike on a good day.

Titania is the one type of Paladin I love - she has Axes, awesome bases, and good growths to back everything up. While she definitely could use a Speeedwing to close the doubling gap on Halberdiers and Warriors, I find that it's okay if you really want to wait. Besides, she's still OHKOing Generals like a boss with Hammer. She doesn't really need a Master Crown either thanks to her high base level and pulling most of her work. Oh, don't forget Canto for additional ridiculousness.

There are a couple of weaknesses just like Ike has that Titania suffers. The first is her awkwardness in a couple of the chapters. Notably, there's 3-7 and 4-3 where her mount kind of harms her. You can kind of cheat in 4-3 with a Rescue staff if you want to. The second might be her Spd cap in Tier 3 could be better, but she'll manage fine with a Brave Axe instead. Her Spd is good enough for 4-E-1, which is probably one of the few times it seriously matters.

I find it crazy how Titania is one of the few units, if not the only, to stay good in two games. Okay, Ike comes close and so does Jill, but that's about it.

10/10. And yes, I find a 10/10 completely justified. She definitely does more work than Ike on a good day.

Boyd and Oscar?

Boyd and Oscar?

Can't say anything for Boyd but for Oscar, his 2nd tier caps are pretty bad IIRC.

And axes are the best weapon type in FERD.

Can't say anything for Boyd but for Oscar, his 2nd tier caps are pretty bad IIRC.

And axes are the best weapon type in FERD.

Well, thats what the crown's for.

Soren/Gatrie/Oscar have crap 2nd tier spd caps, and the crown can remedy that for a bit.

And, Oscar is still pretty good, even better with Transfers.

As is Boyd.

No way.

She can't fly.

What? This doesn't even make sense as a response.

Anyway, I'm not so sure about Oscar getting the crown. He's got a fair bit of competition for it.

Also, what about Nephenee? She's not exactly fantastic, but she's fairly good in both PoR and RD. Well, she's at least consistent.

But yeah, Oscar stays pretty solid in both, at least IMO.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Oscar is okay, but he has some awkward issues with his caps and his Str stat being a little wonky. But yeah, I guess we could include Oscar.

No on Boyd. Boyd isn't wtfterrible in this game, but it takes effort for him to be average to good in this game.

Marcia is still okay. Her main problem is cruddy availability than her stats.

Titania gets a 10/10 for good bases and good growths and having a horse and having an axe and being close to T3. Her speed isn't actually bad (better than Haar's) but I always get her SPD screwed which is disappointing. But she caps STR early enough for her SPD to be brought up to par. And her RES is very good for a physical fighter.

Edited by BigBangMeteor

count this as my vote as well.

9.5/10

The reason I'm counting her down.because her durability isn't wtfamazing, due to her lowish starting hp, but she can keep up with her solid bases and growths. However, there is no denying she it's one if the best greil mercs in the game. Too bad the game has a thing for horse units than wyvern units. -0.5 bias because I never end up using her cause she breaks part 3 with her posse Haar= 9/10