The Resistance V

Elieson

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support Tables' idea of two from the group of me, Slayer and Tables. I think that was already agreed upon?

I'm also interested to know what Slayer's opinions are. Not that I've given a whole lot, but he hasn't either. I would also like to be in the proposal, but that's what all three of us(IET, Slayer and I) are saying, and the answer is obvious as well. However if it were a IET and Slayer Team, I'd use ITS on Slayer.

I support Tables' idea of two from the group of me, Slayer and Tables. I think that was already agreed upon?

I'm also interested to know what Slayer's opinions are. Not that I've given a whole lot, but he hasn't either. I would also like to be in the proposal, but that's what all three of us(IET, Slayer and I) are saying, and the answer is obvious as well. However if it were a IET and Slayer Team, I'd use ITS on Slayer.

I have voiced some of them already, such as my general distrust of tables (more than you anyway at the moment no one can be trusted anyway). I have also stated that i'd prefer a team of you and me but i'd be fine with a tables and me team if it came down to it. Also, @Tables its mostly just vibes. I have been kind of overthinking this game :S

A request. When a mission is proposed, and you are voting, please PM to me (only if you are included in the mission proposal) your advanced choice of Support/Sabotage along with your yes/no vote, just in case it passes and you are afk for an extended period of time.

This is only a request, in among effort to save time between accepted proposals and mission completion. It is by no means mandatory.

Who we use ITS on is irrelevant. After ITS we know exactly what card either person plays, and as there's at most one spy on the mission, it really doesn't matter.

Also I've said I think Slayer is more likely scum over Blue, Slayer's said I'm more likely over you (although I believe he changed his opinion on that very quickly...). Proto thinks you're the most likely of us three (er, or that you're more likely over Slayer, I think the implication was you're his main suspect). Shinori I think suspects me. Scorri, can I hear your opinions please?

Also I've said I think Slayer is more likely scum over Blue, Slayer's said I'm more likely over you (although I believe he changed his opinion on that very quickly...).

My mind still set on you being more scummy. However not by much.

Hi Tables, sorry I was gone for a while and then sleeping a lot. So far, I've found you to be the most trustworthy out of the remaining group of three. For a while I had literally a null read on Marth, and a neutral vibe on Slayer, but as the conversation has progressed, I've started to feel better about Marth in general, and more suspicious of both Proto and Slayer. Currently, that's my guess for the spy team. That's why I voted for yes for you and Marth, because in my opinion, that looked like the best chance we had to pass the mission. Because even though finding a spy would be nice, I'd much prefer to pass to mission. However, at this point I will vote yes for any team that is two members of the group that hasn't gone on a mission yet because I think that is our best option no matter who is on that team.

I'm just posting to say I'm here, and awaiting the remainder of votes.

doubt you are going to get many, more than half of the players are offline.

doubt you are going to get many, more than half of the players are offline.

I know, but for the players that are checking in periodically, I felt this was fair, to show that I haven't dropped off the planet.

Round Prop [2.2]: Mission [1] by [slayerX]

Team: Bluedoom, SlayerX

Yes: Shinori, scorri, SlayerX, Bluedoom

No: Tableskitty

*Luster Purge appears to have a life, and on this case, will incur a randomized "No" vote.

Result: Yes - 4, No - 2*

Proposal [Passes]

SlayerX, you have been targetted by Shinori's In The Spotlight card.

Please post your action of support/sabotage in thread.

Then Bluedoom, you may pm me your action.

Round [2.2]: Mission [1] Results

Cooperate

Cooperate

Mission [Passes]. Score is now Resistance - [1], Spies - [1]

Leadership is now passed to Scorri.

Scorri has also drawn the "Strong Leader" Card

Score is tied, 1:1

Edited by Elieson

Oh derp. My phone died while I was editting the post.

Scorri has received the card Strong Leader.

Hm, yes, I predicted as much. Unfortunately, I think we'd have been in a better position if a spy sabotaged - I was hoping they wouldn't realise, and just see going 2-0 up as too much of a temptation, but getting the score tied is a good thing.

It does make me wonder about the possibility of there being two spies in the first mission. But I think it more likely that one of them would prefer to lay low and try and raise suspicion on me. After all, we still need to identify all 4 resistance members for the final mission, at least.

The sensible thing to do with Strong Leader is give it to someone just behind you. However as that'd mean Slayer, which would effectively limit us to three proposals before he can force a mission failure, you'd want to go further back. That means... uh, me. If you don't like that, just work backwards until you find someone you think is sensible to give the card to.

Alright, so now the question is, do we want to attempt a 3 man mission or a 4 man mission. Personally, I'm leaning towards a 4 man mission right now, because I think that will give more information, but I'd like to here some thoughts on that. Also, I currently wouldn't mind giving Tables the strong leader card, but I'd also like to hear people's thoughts on that before I do so.

Results posts above and OP (2nd post) edited and formalized.

Proto, if you do not post in the next 36 hours, I will seek Eclipse to sub for you.

Results posts above and OP (2nd post) edited and formalized.

Proto, if you do not post in the next 36 hours, I will seek Eclipse to sub for you.

lol

Sorry, the internet wasn't working in my room yesterday, and I had three consecutive classes (with only a lunch break in between) today. I would have voted No, but it went through and succeeded. Which means we finally have one point, and can afford to fail one more mission.

Hm, yes, I predicted as much. Unfortunately, I think we'd have been in a better position if a spy sabotaged - I was hoping they wouldn't realise, and just see going 2-0 up as too much of a temptation, but getting the score tied is a good thing.

I disagree with this, because I think the extra point and being able to afford another sabotaged mission, are much better than having One Spy confirmed, and two Resistance cleared, and having to uncover the final Spy from a group of three people without allowing for any more failures.

Anyhow, I want to hear what Blues and Slayer think about the latest results.

It does make me wonder about the possibility of there being two spies in the first mission. But I think it more likely that one of them would prefer to lay low and try and raise suspicion on me. After all, we still need to identify all 4 resistance members for the final mission, at least.

Hmmm, remember the giant Resistance game where I decided (and Paper agreed iirc) not to consider the possibility of a Double-Spy simply because we already have way too many possibilities that involve no Double-Spy-missions? Well, for now, I will probably stick with that assumption until the possibility of a Double-Spy back then looks more likely

Alright, so now the question is, do we want to attempt a 3 man mission or a 4 man mission. Personally, I'm leaning towards a 4 man mission right now, because I think that will give more information, but I'd like to here some thoughts on that. Also, I currently wouldn't mind giving Tables the strong leader card, but I'd also like to hear people's thoughts on that before I do so.

4-man DEFINITELY. 3-4-4 means that if we fail the first 3, we MUST succeed the next 4-man. Same goes with 4-4-3 (lol). 4-3-4 means that if we fail the first 4, we MUST succeed the next 3-man. Since it's easier to succeed a 3-man than a 4-man, and both of these situations rely on info from the same number of missions, it's better to go with 4-3-4.

Only exception is if there's a way to use a 3-man mission to determine the identities of both Spies in the event of a failure. Which I believe is impossible.