I can't tell if Miyamoto is a troll, idiot, or somewhere in between

Esaka

I'll be happy for either, but more so for Majora's Mask seeing as that's my favorite Zelda game in the series. But hey no spilled milk if its LttP both games are worthy.

I have a solution.

Make a new fucking game.

EDIT: Also, did anyone catch this?

And now, we're also tasked with pushing the Wii U. So we have lots of good opportunities in terms of thinking about which Zelda game is going to be best for which purpose.

Does this mean they might be porting one of the games to 3DS and a remake going to WiiU? Or is it just a lackluster translation?

Edited by 1st Mate Bob

They could easily do both, actually, as they can outsource the remake to the group in charge of the OoT remake. The games are pretty similar from a structural point-of-view. That would allow another group to target remaking A Link to the Past, as it would be a much larger project in terms of gearing up new content.

I think Majora's Mask will be the easier project with a better return value, which makes it a better investment than the SNES title remake.

I have a solution.

Make a new fucking game.

EDIT: Also, did anyone catch this?

Does this mean they might be porting one of the games to 3DS and a remake going to WiiU? Or is it just a lackluster translation?

:rolleyes:

Umm didnt Miyamoto or some other Nintendo guy go "yeah new Zelda game being in planning/dev stages for 3DS" already?

What i think Miyamoto is doing is this:

He knows Operation Moonfall (petition for Majora's Mask 3DS ala OoT3DS) is a thing. But he has a soft spot for A Link To The Past and kinda wants to remake it. Perhaps by saying "Oh we so not know whicha one to remake![/engrish]" hes basically fishing to find out which one fans want more. Yeeah i really doubt its all "WE ARE REMAKING A GAME AND NO 3DS ZELDA SUCKERS!" Its more like "hmmmm...i wonder..."

As for your question, i dont know. It could mean that they might wanna sock a remake on the Wii U. It could also be a wonky translation saying something like "We can haz lots of room to fuck around with a new Zelda game for Wii U."

Im starting to think Miyamoto and friends actually speak in code.

:rolleyes:

What i think Miyamoto is doing is this:

He knows Operation Moonfall (petition for Majora's Mask 3DS ala OoT3DS) is a thing. But he has a soft spot for A Link To The Past and kinda wants to remake it. Perhaps by saying "Oh we so not know whicha one to remake![/engrish]" hes basically fishing to find out which one fans want more.

But Miyamoto has already said, a year and some ago, that he wants to remake A Link to the Past, and that he thinks the 3DS is the system for it. Majora's Mask, I don't think, has been outwardly mentioned until now.

That's a long-term desire. I don't think the fans are swaying his attention on the matter.

I'd definitely like to see a re-imagining of LttP in 3D, it was quite an amazing game and deserves some attention. That said, I would like to see a brand new game since I don't have a Wii and so haven't been able to play either Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword. I keep meaning to buy a Wii but I just can't justify it yet.

Trolling = Hype = Sales

Simple enough formula.

From fans? Better marketing to everyone besides fans would make more sales, and a better formula. Especially when fans don't really need to be hyped, and hyping a market that doesn't care about hype doesn't lead to sales.

Uh, you remake haters should probably save your hate until after it's confirmed that a Zelda remake is the next upcoming Zelda release. As a few posts have said before, Miyamoto did say he was working on a brand new Zelda game for the 3DS.

From fans? Better marketing to everyone besides fans would make more sales, and a better formula. Especially when fans don't really need to be hyped, and hyping a market that doesn't care about hype doesn't lead to sales.

The two are not mutually exclusive. I suspect dropping this information did not at all take away from other possibilities.

Link to the Past has already gotten remakes. Majora's Mask hasn't. Then again, Link to the Past would probably sell better, providing they don't put goofy 3D shit in it.

I would love to see Majora's Mask with updated graphics, but ideally I'd want it on something more powerful than the 3DS so it can be super pretty.

Can we really call the GBA port a remake? If that's what you're talking about at least.

The closest thing to a remake was the BS version of the game, but that was more like a 2nd-look at the game with some new stuff added. Not a remake, but an edit.

A Link to the Past has never received a remake. The original Zelda has, on the BS system, and the second Zelda has by fans, but A Link to the Past has received nothing. The GBA port had an extra mode tacked on separately.

The closest thing to a remake was the BS version of the game, but that was more like a 2nd-look at the game with some new stuff added. Not a remake, but an edit.

A Link to the Past has never received a remake. The original Zelda has, on the BS system, and the second Zelda has by fans, but A Link to the Past has received nothing. The GBA port had an extra mode tacked on separately.

I have read this post like four times when coming and going from my computer over the past day, but I still don't know what you mean when you say BS.

The Bandai Sattelaview service Nintendo ran during the Super Famicom days. It was an online service that allowed its customers to get free e-magazines, radio shows, game content, demos, and games. Nintendo created a remake of the original Legend of Zelda for the service, along with a remodeled version of A Link to the Past, with new dungeons, items, quests, and other things. Music was also streamed into these games, as well as voiced cutscenes. Fire Emblem recieved a couple episodes using the service as well. Some of these broadcasts have been recovered from flash-cartridges used to store the data and have been dumped, uploaded to the internet, and are available for our play and study.

This is the 2nd-look version of A Link to the Past. The version that was dumped was incomplete/broken, but it has since been hacked into a working state (both it and the remake of the original Zelda make use of the clock-feature of the game, with special events, sorta like Animal Crossing). The guys behind the hack(s) also removed the time-limits on the game (most of the content were live broadcasts with live narration, so playing on your own-time wasn't possible). They also inserted, I believe, tracks from the original game, as the dump did not have the live music streams included.

Edited by Celice