Higurashi Mafia - Game over

Jaybee

Considering we had Bizz, a Poison Doctor, I think it's safe to assume that we have a Poisoner too.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Poisoner

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Poison_Doctor

Now, that may not be 100% the case, but it seems likely, given our scenario, I don't know what else to go by. Flipflopping between possibilities of 3rd party zombies or w/e there may be out there is straining what little sanity our town has left.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just that 'ninja' and 'mafia' are not very similar words. Like if you had put 'mafa' that would be a typo. Putting 'ninja' looks much more like you slipped up. You know, like when you're typing and talking at the same time and accidentally start typing what you were saying? So in this case it's like, maybe you know that there's a ninja, were thinking about it, and typed it by accident.

It's exactly this. I was thinking of the first possibility I posted, about Safeguard!Kay + Ninja!Mafia, and I typed ninja instead of mafia. Gahh.

It's exactly this. I was thinking of the first possibility I posted, about Safeguard!Kay + Ninja!Mafia, and I typed ninja instead of mafia. Gahh.

Well, I've done that myself sometimes. My suspicions of you aren't based on the ninja typo thing and it's pointless to argue about because the argument will be 'it was a typo' 'no it wasn't' over and over so I won't bring it up again.

Considering we had Bizz, a Poison Doctor, I think it's safe to assume that we have a Poisoner too.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Poisoner

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Poison_Doctor

Now, that may not be 100% the case, but it seems likely, given our scenario, I don't know what else to go by. Flipflopping between possibilities of 3rd party zombies or w/e there may be out there is straining what little sanity our town has left.

There might be a Poisoner who speeds the process along, but I'm thinking it's more likely that the syndrome happens by itself than that it's caused solely by a Poisoner.

Also, guys, consider. Don't you think somebody would have CCed me if I wasn't the Doctor? And before you say that there could be no Doctor, this is a game with multiple kills. No protective roles?

Guys, this is totally weird. I am indeed no Safeguard, nor do those results make sense. It must have been some non-targeting (at least that phase) kill, like Poisoner or PGO or maybe there could actually be something like a one-shot ninja/hitman. I'd prefer to not claim, but it shouldn't do too much harm if I have to, at this point.

There might be a Poisoner who speeds the process along, but I'm thinking it's more likely that the syndrome happens by itself than that it's caused solely by a Poisoner.

Also, guys, consider. Don't you think somebody would have CCed me if I wasn't the Doctor? And before you say that there could be no Doctor, this is a game with multiple kills. No protective roles?

Because the ENTIRE game hasn't had a chance to respond. If it wasn't for the fact that Kay hasn't responded, I'd vote you just for this.

I can think of two reasons: one, the doctor thought it was very likely you would be lynched and decided claiming wasn't needed; or two, the doctor has not yet gotten online to read the thread and post. I don't actually remember off the top of my head who hasn't posted yet though.

Also, Kay: do you believe BBM's claim?

Guys, this is totally weird. I am indeed no Safeguard, nor do those results make sense. It must have been some non-targeting (at least that phase) kill, like Poisoner or PGO or maybe there could actually be something like a one-shot ninja/hitman. I'd prefer to not claim, but it shouldn't do too much harm if I have to, at this point.

:facepalm:

Do you have any reason to believe BBM's claim outright?

Because the ENTIRE game hasn't had a chance to respond. If it wasn't for the fact that Kay hasn't responded, I'd vote you just for this.

That's true. Let me rephrase. Let this wait for a while to see if anyone CCs me.

Also, I misinterpreted what Elieson was talking about with Poisoner. I suppose it's a possibility that the mafia has a Poisoner in addition to their factional kill. So they targeted Eclipse N1 with their factional kill, which I blocked, and Bizz with the Poisoner. So Bizz died N2 and the mafia used their factional kill on Bal. I think this might be more likely than our previous theory about people becoming killers once the Syndrome is fully developed. I think, as with what happened to Eclipse, their role simply changes.

That's true. Let me rephrase. Let this wait for a while to see if anyone CCs me.

Also, I misinterpreted what Elieson was talking about with Poisoner. I suppose it's a possibility that the mafia has a Poisoner in addition to their factional kill. So they targeted Eclipse N1 with their factional kill, which I blocked, and Bizz with the Poisoner. So Bizz died N2 and the mafia used their factional kill on Bal. I think this might be more likely than our previous theory about people becoming killers once the Syndrome is fully developed. I think, as with what happened to Eclipse, their role simply changes.

If you're right then the mafia basically did two namekills on N1. Laaaaame.

Do you have any reason to believe BBM's claim outright?

I have no particular reason to believe it. I guess I disbelieve it, since I was already pretty suspicious of BBM even before this, and those results are not very possible. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he's telling the truth, but, well, I'm okay with the risk.

JB/BBM, can you guys shed any light on whether all kills would be prevented, or just standard nightkills?

And before you say that there could be no Doctor, this is a game with multiple kills. No protective roles?

Protective roles are not limited to doctors. Remember how I put a bunch of other protective roles in Pokemon TCG Mafia, but the town had no actual doctor?

JB/BBM, can you guys shed any light on whether all kills would be prevented, or just standard nightkills?

It says any fatal actions performed that night. If there's a Poisoner, the action is performed the night before, so I don't think I'd be able to stop it.

Protective roles are not limited to doctors. Remember how I put a bunch of other protective roles in Pokemon TCG Mafia, but the town had no actual doctor?

I've never read Pokemon TCG Mafia, so I don't remember this. However, Doctor is still a pretty ballsy fakeclaim to make, considering 9 times out of 10 it is the first protective role.

Alright I managed to skim through the thread and most of the things I would have said have already been said, so I guess I'll put up my thoughts for now.

1) There's a poisoner in this game. In the anime, Takano and Irie are part of an organization called Tokyo that are supposed to research a cure for the Hinamizawa Syndrome. Irie finds a cure that can stop the symptoms of the syndrome when they get into the final stage, keeping the victims alive. Takano was able to take this cure and from it and basically do the opposite -- give people the Hinamizawa syndrome. So it's only natural that Irie is the poison doctor.

2) Cam makes a good point about the Hinamizawa syndrome, but keep in mind that it also ended up killing the person when it got into the final stage by having them claw out their throats. So I think it's possible that someone died because they were poisoned N1 and the Mafia also have a killing ability so BAM 2 kills at once.

3) Is it possible that the Mafia went after Eclipse N1 and BBM (assuming he's telling the truth) blocked it, hence the no kill?

4) I'm not sure if it helps, but different characters in the anime had different levels of Hinamizawa's syndrome to start off. Since it's kinda unfair that some characters are kinda screwed over by this I guess that's part of the bastard modding. I can think of a couple characters that fit this description though I'm not sure if Eclipse wants to out her character name.

5) I don't think that there are multiple mafia factions in this game anymore because of the poisoner that we've figured out about now.

6) It doesn't seem like there has been a scum!roleblocker since no one has said anything about it. I think that makes sense with how the Yamainu works.

Leaning more towards Kay than BBM right now, but I still find it interesting that he was targeting two players that had negative things happen to them. I think this is more of a coincidence than anything, but it's still kinda interesting.

Also wtf Rika's the watcher? I thought the ghost girl would fit that description more but oh well

I'm pretty sure my character wasn't a part of the Hinamizawa murder spree. I'd rather not say more than that, because my character IS my claim.

Pokemon TCG had a death miller; I wouldn't call that normal! I still haven't gotten word of how my role changed, just that it did. Thanks to the events of D2/N2, I think I know what I do. . .and I am relieved.

Aere/Manix need to contribute a LOT more; it's far too early to slam the gavel down on anyone. If we're assuming that Bizz dropped dead from poison, then lynching Kay/BBM on a watcher report, at this point, is rather silly. I'd like a lot more discussion before deciding.

The way poisoners tend to work is if the doctor targets them they are cleansed of the poison, it didn't have to be specific type of doctor. So I still don't quite trust the doctor claim. I think that the only actual 'doctor' we might have in this game is the doc ability that levy had, now with that gone I think we may have other protections, but i doubt any normal doctor is in the game. That's just my opinion because, as i said, in the past a normal doc could cleanse poison and I've not known of a time where they couldn't just because a poison doc was in the game. I think JB made it so the poison doc was in the game without a real doc, also I don't think he supposed poison that we might have necessarily kills people that fast, bizz resets it to 3, which is a lot longer than 1 day i think.

Also in most cases if someone was poisoned they would be told that wouldn't they? Bizz didn't claim she was poisoned yesterday. I don't necessarily think this thing that we think might be a poison works as a normal poison would, maybe it was already in the game on people as a few people stated before, IDK.

A stealth poison. I don't like the sound of that.

Helios, you mentioned a lot of flavor that works with the story. I haven't read/watched it though. Do you know of any particular characters with various stages of this virus in them? It might give a clue as to if we started this game poisoned or not.

Speaking of Helios, when I subbed for him, I was scum, and fakeclaimed Doc. BBM, it happens.

Btw, I had a dream that Iris was ITP Poisoner. I dunno if it's true or not, but I just felt like sharing my dream. Yes, I dream of SF Mafia now.