Higurashi Mafia - Game over

Jaybee

Most people are not told when they are Poisoned. That basically gives it away that there is a Poisoner on the very first night, whereas otherwise people would first think of more common killing roles such as Interceptor when there are multiple kills. See GSM, for example. It was slightly different there because the Poisoner ability came from their Djinn, and it wasn't actually their role, but still.

@Elieson- That was also a minimafia where half the roles were vanilla. This is a mafia with 14 people in it, with no indication so far that there isn't a Doctor.

Also, Bizz was NOT a true Poison Doctor in that her role was not a direct counter to the Poisoner. She directly countered the Hinimizawa Syndrome, which I'm pretty sure happens by itself. Maybe what the Poisoner does is speed the process of the Syndrome along, causing them to die earlier (but still in a delayed death), but her version of Poison Doctor was more, I think, to counter the natural process. Keep in mind that this is all conjecture, but it makes more sense than Bizz being only a direct counter to the Poisoner, because otherwise there would be no reason for the role to lower the Syndrome by three stages. It would just be to remove the Syndrome entirely, or something to that effect.

Finally, as Eclipse says, if there is a Poisoner, this Watcher report means absolutely nothing, because the killer wouldn't be visiting the person on the night of their death. And consider that we have both a Tracker and a Watcher. Poisoner is just as good as Ninja to counter those roles. It gives the mafia an additional kill as well, but that might also be necessary if the mafia is small.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gahh hashtags

##Unvote

I think I stumbled on something. I really think that Iris is our Hinawazami source.

Gahh hashtags

##Unvote

I think I stumbled on something. I really think that Iris is our Hinawazami source.

Remember that we are no longer allowed to lynch Iris.

I musta missed that part. Rules still say she can be lynched though.

Could you quote it for me BBM? I can't perform searches on my phone.

Hmm...if Bizz died of poison, then it's true that it doesn't matter who visited her the night of her death. It's also true that Bal and Bizz had two different death flavors (shooting versus infected with Hinzamizawa syndrome), so if the flavor is meaningful then either we have multiple killers or Bizz's death was some other type of kill than the standard night kill.

The fact that Bizz specifically reduced the Hinamizawa syndrome by three stages makes it seem like it's not a standard poisoner, though. And she died of the same syndrome after one night, which doesn't look like three stages. Right now I'm very confused as to how and why Bizz died, or what causes this Hinamizawa syndrome.

##Unvote I need to think more.

INTERMISSION:

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOSHUA!"

"What's my present, mom?"

"Tee hee~!"

JB has been sent to boarding school! Iris has won!

Dear JB,

You are insanely jealous of Iris. You may respond to your role PM "Spreading propaganda about USER". You will tell all the users to lynch said person.

You win if Iris gets lynched.

Dear Iris,

You are probably the most awesome co-host ever. You may respond to your role PM "Spreading propaganda about USER". User shall be eliminated from the game.

You win if you make the user who is trying to get you lynched eliminated.

It is still Day 1. Day 1 ends on 18 June, 6pm, GMT +8.

> Any votes for me are null and don't count.

> I will modkill anyone else who votes for me.

Happy Mafia~!

Guys, you can't actually lynch me, that was JB being an idiot (Eclipse how can you deal with such an idiotic son; I see why you're sending him to boarding school). ):

~10 hours left.

also no hidden players

Reading through the last few pages makes me very suspicious of BBM still, but as I said I'm not 100% certain of how soon we want to risk lynching a doctor.

you'd better be on me, BBM, that's all I have to say

Eh, they might anticipate that I'll be on you and go for someone else. Or they might anticipate that I'd think that and go for you. Or more likely, they'll just go for me.

Twas a dream JayBee. But simply being able to vote for Iris made me consider it. Also, I missed the post that BBM quoted, so I didn't know she was back ti being immune from lynching.

@Elieson- That was also a minimafia where half the roles were vanilla. This is a mafia with 14 people in it, with no indication so far that there isn't a Doctor.

Just felt like I should bold this part. Aren't YOU claiming doctor?

Also side note, whats not to say the poison killed balc and not bizz?

Just felt like I should bold this part. Aren't YOU claiming doctor?

Also side note, whats not to say the poison killed balc and not bizz?

Well, in the flavor Bal was shot while Bizz was injected with Hinamizawa syndrome. I guess it's possible the flavor doesn't matter, but why have a poison death in flavor as a shooting?

17. If you see your user name in the flavour, it means that you were randomly chosen to do something, so don't sweat it. If you see your role name in the flavour, it probably means nothing. That being said, kill flavour won't tell you anything, and since I don't care about standard responses to night actions, the flavour which I give for night actions also means nothing.

17. If you see your user name in the flavour, it means that you were randomly chosen to do something, so don't sweat it. If you see your role name in the flavour, it probably means nothing. That being said, kill flavour won't tell you anything, and since I don't care about standard responses to night actions, the flavour which I give for night actions also means nothing.

Oh yeah, that's true. Having a poison death in flavor as being shot seems bastardy, but, yeah. lol

Dear user,

You are Okonogi Tetsuro.

You are the leader of the Yamainu, and a very skilled combatant. You are also very calculating and smart, making you a wily tactician as well.

During the Night Phase, you may assist Takano in carrying out any of her operations, separate from her. You may do so by replying to your role PM with the appropriate night action.

In addition, if you or Takano were to be killed, the other will be able to save the attacked person, preventing their death. This may only happen once.

SNIP

You are allied with the Mafia. You win when all members of the town have been killed.

I reread the thread some, and this caught my eye. Could this imply a lack of ITP?

I reread the thread some, and this caught my eye. Could this imply a lack of ITP?

I don't think so? I thought usually the game ended if the Mafia achieved parity with the Town, even if there were still ITPs. And then the Survivors win if they're alive and the SK loses. It's not like the mafia can't figure out who's the SK if there's no one left but them and the SK.

Well, we have 10 players, and claimed Doc (Bodyguard, same diff), Watcher, Kidnapper, and we all know our own role.

Just posting this as a recap of claims, for notes. I'm trying to piece this together, and there had to be something else to work with. Some trend or action or something.

A stealth poison. I don't like the sound of that.

Helios, you mentioned a lot of flavor that works with the story. I haven't read/watched it though. Do you know of any particular characters with various stages of this virus in them? It might give a clue as to if we started this game poisoned or not.

Speaking of Helios, when I subbed for him, I was scum, and fakeclaimed Doc. BBM, it happens.

Well it doesn't have to be stealth. You just poison someone N1 and the die N2.

Off the top of my head I remember that Rena had it advance pretty far because she moved out of Hinamizawa, but when she moved back it calmed down a bit. The Hojos had it pretty bad too: Satoshi had it so bad that he disappeared a year before the main story happens (and everyone assumes he either moved away or died), and Satoko also had it bad and had to suppress it with a bunch of shots each day. Jirou on the other hand never had Hinamizawa syndrome, but with the bioweapon Takano created she gave him a shot of it and he died that night. That's all I can think of at the moment.

I personally don't think Doc is that hard of a fakeclaim early in the game because you can always make the excuse that the mafia decided to kill someone else. With a poisoner in the game that just makes it even easier. However I do think Kasai fits the role of doctor so meh. I think it's a bit risky to jump to conclusions right now so I'd rather not lynch BBM right now.

Btw, I had a dream that Iris was ITP Poisoner. I dunno if it's true or not, but I just felt like sharing my dream. Yes, I dream of SF Mafia now.

LOL.

The fact that Bizz specifically reduced the Hinamizawa syndrome by three stages makes it seem like it's not a standard poisoner, though. And she died of the same syndrome after one night, which doesn't look like three stages. Right now I'm very confused as to how and why Bizz died, or what causes this Hinamizawa syndrome.

Hinamizawa syndrome had 5 stages, and when you got to the 5th stage that's when everyone started going psycho and ended up killing themselves. It does happen naturally but like I said before they also made a bioweapon that automatically gives you the syndrome even if you didn't have it before. So a poisoner could give their target stage 4 or 5 poison N1, and N2 it goes to fatal and if by the end of N2 they aren't cured by a poison doctor then they die. Dr. Irie (Bizz's character) wasn't born and didn't really live in Hinamizawa, so he didn't naturally have the syndrome. Therefore, Bizz must have been poisoned N1.

I don't think so? I thought usually the game ended if the Mafia achieved parity with the Town, even if there were still ITPs. And then the Survivors win if they're alive and the SK loses. It's not like the mafia can't figure out who's the SK if there's no one left but them and the SK.

Well in the show Takano's goal was to wipe out the entire Hinamizawa village, so it makes sense in that regard that they would need to kill everyone, not just reach parity. This is making me wonder if there even is any third parties though...

Camtech - Watcher

Bizz - Poison Doctor

Kay - Unclaimed

Elieson - Unclaimed

Balcerzak - Tracker

Shinori - Kidnapper

Bluedoom- Bodyguard

Eclipse - Unclaimed (But Altered)

scorri - Safeguard

Aere - Unclaimed

Manix - Unclaimed

Subieko - Oracle Bomb-thing

Helios - Unclaimed

BBM - Bodyguard/Doc

Italics = In-thread claims

Bold = Dead

Underlined = Not yet claimed, and living

Hey...

I'm Tatsuyoshi Kasai. As a bodyguard, I can guard a target in the night phase and prevent any fatal actions against them.

Wasn't Marth already the Bodyguard?

I'm not sure what the official role name is, but my role lets me target a player at night, and if I'm killed that night or the next day, my target dies too. As you can see it's a role where I would need to be a good scumhunter and also get myself killed by scum, which is why I wasn't sure how well I'd be able to use it.

I can't think of what your role is actually called. Does it mention it in your post? The best I can compare it to is something like Oracle Bomb...I can't think of a better name, so I'll stick with that unless you can correct me.