So I'm going to be playing Fe4 and 5 soon.

Jedi

Except that's not what's going on, they're specifically telling him to AVOID preparing and going in blind.

And I just said that, how could you miss that?

Edited by CrashGordon94

Sorry it seems as if I caused a little bit of a fight. I'll be going in with some knowledge but still be blind for the most part, its not like I'll know the chapter layouts and what exact enemies i'm facing so its still blind but just with some information.

Given how some characters will perform depends on the RNG and their growths, preparing so much beforehand is silly. You're best off playing the game, then as you progress plan ahead for the next one or two chapters. Since you'll have a more accurate idea of how your team will match up to each chapter and what may be coming up and how to respond to it.

No, it wasn't you, it was those jerks telling you not to prepare (make sure you do).

Hi, i'm pretty sure you were the first one to throw around this:

Please do yourself a favour and ignore people saying "DON'T SPOIL YOURSELF!" for FE5. Being prepared is perfectly fine, some people just have a dumb hate-on against people being properly prepared.

It's fine if you disagree with people on whether people should play blind or not. It's also fine if they disagree with you. But don't call it "dumb hate" by "jerks".

Hi, i'm pretty sure you were the first one to throw around this:

It's fine if you disagree with people on whether people should play blind or not. It's also fine if they disagree with you. But don't call it "dumb hate" by "jerks".

They were pretty much telling him to throw away the advice HE ASKED FOR, that's not a differing view, that's sabotage!

If you don't want nasty surprises or unplanned events, this game might suit you better.

This man lies!

The twist ending at the end of the game sold many of fans on it!

Eh, I'm not sure if someone already said this or maybe you already knew, but whatever I will share it anyway.

FE4 thieves can only steal money and they can give it to other characters (and get EXP). Meanwhile in FE5, theieves can steal everything except money, just make sure your thieves have high build so they can steal to their heart contents. Neir scroll will be your friend for that.

Some people have leadership stars in FE5 and those stars will affect everyone who is deployed on the map, regardless of the distance. This also work for the enemy, so you might want to prepare yourself when you encounter certain characters with lots of leadership stars. Those bonuses are stacking, it can be pretty annoying to suddenly see your enemy gains +30-50% avoid and such.

My advice? Fire Emblem is a series that encourages multiple playthroughs, so you should try going as blind as possible on a first run. It''s fine knowing stuff like the Gaiden requirements (some have really BS requirements) and having Leaf escape first on escape maps (since that's quite a troll feature).

After that, just enjoy what the game throws at you. It can be tough, but it's part of the challenge.

My advice? Fire Emblem is a series that encourages multiple playthroughs, so you should try going as blind as possible on a first run. It''s fine knowing stuff like the Gaiden requirements (some have really BS requirements) and having Leaf escape first on escape maps (since that's quite a troll feature).

After that, just enjoy what the game throws at you. It can be tough, but it's part of the challenge.

It's actually quite unreasonable, knowing about things like everyone but Leaf and Lifis leaving after a certain chapter to return soon is quite important if you don't want to get screwed.

And besides, since he asked for advice all suggestions not to take advice or to play it blind for any reason are moot.

Yeah, I didn't know about that on my first playthrough either. It was hardly a big deal since nothing is permanently lost.

No offense Crash, but you don't seem to grasp the difference between planning and flat out spoiling the game.

I was never screwed by that. You should also spoiler some of your post(s), lest you enjoy ruining the surprise for other players.

That was the point, making he knew about it so he could plan accordingly.

Yeah, I didn't know about that on my first playthrough either. It was hardly a big deal since nothing is permanently lost.

No offense Crash, but you don't seem to grasp the difference between planning and flat out spoiling the game.

But you would get screwed for a number of chapters.

Neither do you lot, it would seem. Specifically by treating the former as the latter...

But you would get screwed for a number of chapters.

But, we didn't. And neither did many players. Again, you're kinda robbing the player of their experience with your assumption that they must know and plan for the event. If you couldn't handle it blind, that's fine--that doesn't mean other players couldn't or cannot either.

Be charitable.

If he really wants to know all in details, he could just read any walkthrough or any guide on the internet. It's everywhere, just google it.

What he asks here is just an advice, a general one, giving him some tips and pointers should be enough.

You are just making a big fuss out of nothing.

But they won't KNOW if they need planning unless they knew about it beforehand, the only other way to find out is to get "surprised" by it first hand, which seems to be what you guys want.

...But what if they did need to be warned and weren't warned? That could lead to them needing to restart, or worse: never trying the game again!

This anti-planned crap can have pretty damn serious consequences.

And besides "surprises" like these are crap anyway, they really shouldn't be in the game to begin with...

But they won't KNOW if they need planning unless they knew about it beforehand, the only other way to find out is to get "surprised" by it first hand, which seems to be what you guys want.

...But what if they did need to be warned and weren't warned? That could lead to them needing to restart, or worse: never trying the game again!

And besides "surprises" like these are crap anyway, they really shouldn't be in the game to begin with...

So what if you might need to restart? You can enjoy a Fire Emblem even if you need to restart since you can learn from your mistakes to better your next run of the game. Plus you can save in more than one slot, so even if you weren't expecting something you can always have a save on the previous chapter or two.

Plus it's better having played the game and required to restart than wanting a plan for everything and then never starting the game.

Restarting can really put people off, y'know?

Where would making a plan for everything and successfully playing through the game as a result fit into that little dichotomy?

Edited by CrashGordon94

They were pretty much telling him to throw away the advice HE ASKED FOR, that's not a differing view, that's sabotage!

"They" were telling him not to spoil himself, as a recommendation, since they thought it would be more fun for him. That is not sabotage in any way. Grow up and stop spoiling the game for people who might not want the game spoiled. You are a nuisance.

Like? It's not like his computer/console is going to blow up if he messes up.

"They" were telling him not to spoil himself, as a recommendation, since they thought it would be more fun for him. That is not sabotage in any way. Grow up and stop spoiling the game for people who might not want the game spoiled. You are a nuisance.

"They" were dissing the advice given by everyone else by trying to null it. If what they're doing is fine then my "spoiling" certainly is...

Like? It's not like his computer/console is going to blow up if he messes up.

I just detailed those, look back.

EDIT: But anyway, I think we've said all we can say on the matter, this is just going in circles. I'll back off now.

Edited by CrashGordon94

Seems this thread got hijacked, that's a shame.

As for advice, most of it has already been said: Horse users are pretty damn good in FE4, Have Leaf escape last in FE5, etc.

Though I want to say, make sure you don't go into overtraining binges in FE5 because of the stamina problem. I especially almost got myself in big trouble because I didn't know at what chapter Fatigue kicked in and ended up having a good size of my roster taken out before because I thought it was smart to kill everything on the map instead of just finishing (which by the way, is better in FE5 in certain situations because the saved Fatigue can prove to be much more useful than a few exp. points lost).