Animation Request: Eliwood with a Lance

MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's the problem. I have to use the colors of the original animation... Fuck my life.

Generic Colors animation editing?

If you insert the animation, the palette is the last pointer before the label of the next animation on the animation table.

And since both my dad's desktop and this old laptop is REALLY crappy, I can't get screenshots for you.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Alright, if you just send me a PM, that way I'll notice when they're done :P

2/12 frames with Eliwood's head... That took much longer than desired.

Ten more to go. Gonna be having dinner soon, so progress will be a bit delayed.

EDIT: 3/12

EDIT 2: 4/12

EDIT 3: 5/12

EDIT 4: 6/12 Half way there..

EDIT 5: 8/12.

EDIT 6: 9/12

EDIT 7: 10/12

EDIT 8: 11/12

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I don't call him MiracleJubs for nothing, he'll almost definitely get it to work.

Also if all you people know so much about battle animations then why don't you put this in doc or something? I feel like there aren't any battle animation tutorials (besides the one in the Ultimate Tutorial) and it's hurting people by making the process more tedious and annoying. Where I put quantity I admittedly sacrificed some level of quality (because it's the inevitable reality), someone should put their head down and come up with a good, complete, thorough tutorial on how to edit, manipulate, dump, insert, format, and code custom battle animations.

And maybe add a section on Camtech's program just for extra thoroughness

meh, just a thought~

I don't call him MiracleJubs for nothing, he'll almost definitely get it to work.

Also if all you people know so much about battle animations then why don't you put this in doc or something? I feel like there aren't any battle animation tutorials (besides the one in the Ultimate Tutorial) and it's hurting people by making the process more tedious and annoying. Where I put quantity I admittedly sacrificed some level of quality (because it's the inevitable reality), someone should put their head down and come up with a good, complete, thorough tutorial on how to edit, manipulate, dump, insert, format, and code custom battle animations.

And maybe add a section on Camtech's program just for extra thoroughness

meh, just a thought~

What a coincidence. Lodestar from Shrine of Seals finished a custom animation tutorial a few hours ago. I gave him some critique, and am hoping it'll be up to quality standards pretty soon.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

It's pretty good but I feel like it's more or less a rewritten version of my own one and not just because the scripts and process are identical. Since it's fresh out of the oven, perhaps he could spice it up by putting more warnings on common issues that people encounter and also more detailed explanations on things like why Usenti or putting the palette in the top-right corner are highly suggested.

And he should probably listen to your critique too XP

Sooo, I got a couple of the sheets working. It needs some more troubleshooting, though, and I'm not going to have much time until Thursday... Any chance you can wait that long?

Edit: ahh fuck it. I got a few sheets working so give me like half an hour.

Edited by eJubs

Sooo, I got a couple of the sheets working. It needs some more troubleshooting, though, and I'm not going to have much time until Thursday... Any chance you can wait that long?

Edit: ahh fuck it. I got a few sheets working so give me like half an hour.

Yeah, I can wait. Thanks for your time.

lol I love the archive name

you should probably make an alert like "don't use without permission from X person and credit X and Y people" or something before people steal it ;)

Unless eJubs has any objections, I'd like to make it public, without requiring permission to use so long as we're both credited.

It should be, it uses exactly the same frame data and script and crap that Ephraim's does. If there's any fault with timing, it's probably because Eph's animation isn't native to FE7 and there's problems there or something. Weird javelin throw shit.