RvB3: Lyn

Othin

RvB3 was obviously going to be an FE7 character, just as LvD3 is obviously going to be an FE9 character. The map selections make this clear, and there's no question of which FE9 character, as of the 20 main characters shown in ST and LvD, only one remains for FE9.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly ... I'd have preferred Eliwood for the FE7 representative, but Lyn's not bad either, I guess. As long as the next DLC is Ike, I will have no complaints.

If it isn't Ike? Would be interesting to see him completely excluded from DLC.

Hahaha ... I'd honestly be pretty surprised, especially since both Elincia and Micaiah made it as DLC characters. But, eh, what can I do? I'll be disappointed if Ike isn't DLC, but I'd get over it. :P

Huh, that's really weird. Hector I could have understood if he made it over Eliwood, but Lyn? Really?

I guess they're making Sigurd a paladin now.

I can see it, she made it in over the both of them as an assist trophy for SSBB as well.

Well it's great to see Lyn. Well let me rephrase, it's nice to see a FE7 DLC character finally.

Although as much as I really like Lyn, I was hoping for Eliwood.

Agh, it figures that the lords I really wanted to see as DLCs haven't happened yet...(Sigurd, Eliwood, Ike).

I've seen like 5 people in this topic say this exact same thing. I don't see the appeal of Eliwood when there's his son roy. Even though Eliwood is more important than lyn he is still very boring compared to characters less important than him. Lyn is kinda boring as well but she gets points for at least being another important swordmaster and not a mary-sue like Ike. Now hector I don't know why they didn't get him early on.

Overall I still think they want the DLC to actually sell and its pretty obvious if we take both regions into account that Eliwood would prob be the least bought character along with alm.

Edited by Lextherex

I'm really wondering why people were expecting Eliwood in that exact batch of DLC, given the pattern.

I guess most of us didn't think the male/female split all the way through.

I recall someone did suggest Lyn on the basis of kings vs. princesses, but what really sealed it was the gender-specific classes, which I don't remember anyone pointing out in context with that.

I can see it, she made it in over the both of them as an assist trophy for SSBB as well.

I've seen like 5 people in this topic say this exact same thing. I don't see the appeal of Eliwood when there's his son roy. Even though Eliwood is more important than lyn he is still very boring compared to characters less important than him. Lyn is kinda boring as well but she gets points for at least being another important swordmaster and not a mary-sue like Ike. Now hector I don't know why they didn't get him early on.

Overall I still think they want the DLC to actually sell and its pretty obvious if we take both regions into account that Eliwood would prob be the least bought character along with alm.

Please tell me you're joking. If you're referring to FE10, then I'd agree, but 10 has bad characterization overall. FE9 on the other hand.. he's anything but.

What I noticed is,that hector and sigurd both died at some point,which may be another reason why these two don't appear,while it is probably in eliwoods case really the problem that he looks too much like his son.

Would be cool if we'd get hector and sigurd through the last monster maps(there is still place for a 3-star and a 5-star-map left),were we'll have to fight a zombie-version of them from another world first in order for them to join.

Just a thought but could be still a possibilitiy since there is no real system behind the rewards in these dlc-maps

Just a thought but could be still a possibilitiy since there is no real system behind the rewards in these dlc-maps

There are plenty of patterns, as I've been explaining over and over. The only characters that join in zombie maps are characters that are part of no SpotPass team, while Hector and Sigurd are indeed available through those teams. Eltshan is not on any team, yet he appears in LvD. All other characters who have appeared anywhere in DLC so far are part of a SpotPass team, therefore we will not likely see any more characters joining in monster maps, and certainly not any characters who have been shown so far.

You so silly, Oisin~

Fire Emblem analysis is srsbusiness, and anyone who says anything contrary to the "truth" must be put back in line! For Lazberia!

There are plenty of patterns, as I've been explaining over and over. The only characters that join in zombie maps are characters that are part of no SpotPass team, while Hector and Sigurd are indeed available through those teams. Eltshan is not on any team, yet he appears in LvD. All other characters who have appeared anywhere in DLC so far are part of a SpotPass team, therefore we will not likely see any more characters joining in monster maps, and certainly not any characters who have been shown so far.

On the other hand, the first two monster maps didn't give any character at all, so the pattern might be:

1 star - no character

2 star - no character

3 star - no character, or a new SpotPass character

4 star - Eltoshan, a new SpotPass character

5 star - Redesigned character that's already in SpotPass

Please tell me you're joking. If you're referring to FE10, then I'd agree, but 10 has bad characterization overall. FE9 on the other hand.. he's anything but.

FE10 was his last canon appearance so that's what I have to go off of. FE9 he wasn't a gary-stu but he still wasn't a very good character (though I did like him in that at least).Either way I have no real problem with Ike his game story characters help shape him to be an ok character, Eliwood...not so much.

On the other hand, the first two monster maps didn't give any character at all, so the pattern might be:

1 star - no character

2 star - no character

3 star - no character, or a new SpotPass character

4 star - Eltoshan, a new SpotPass character

5 star - Redesigned character that's already in SpotPass

Redesign wouldn't make sense.

Inb4 Othin goes "but there's no 5-star maps" again.

I never said that.

I said no 5-star map set. I've always been saying we'd see a 5-star LvD3, and for quite a while, I was saying we'd see a 5-star monster map, too. But the odds are now strongly against that.

I think the real issue with a 5-star set is simple. There would be no sense of progression for the final map. Each sets final map has always been one star more difficult than the other 2.

Could it be possible that IS named the character Paris to not spoil it on us ? and when they give the spot pass the name will be changed....it's like placeholder, because it will be a big spoiler if they put Ike name....

the monster maps don't have any pattern

1-star gave us only gold

2-star gave us experience

4-star gave us items and spotpass-character

So why should the reward of the 4-star map suddenly be the pattern for the monster map-rewards if the other two have completely different rewards?

Could it be possible that IS named the character Paris to not spoil it on us ? and when they give the spot pass the name will be changed....it's like placeholder, because it will be a big spoiler if they put Ike name....

They didn't even need to include his name in the credits, considering how his VA is already credited there for another character. He also doesn't have Ike's VA , and in Japan there's a bigger culture of VA consistency. They wouldn't change it for no reason.

Edited by NeonZ

Well, just played it. Throwing 50 enemies at you feels like overkill...

Lv 8, HP 44, STR 23, MAG 8, SKL 31, SPD 36, LUCK 21, DEF 14, RES 12, Sword A

Skills: Fiery Heart, Avoid+10, Astra, Acrobatics

Mods: SPD best, DEF worst