RvB3: Lyn

Othin

I'm a bit disappointed Luna's not there, but not surprised. Firey Heart makes sense due to her personality. I wasn't expecting Acrobatics, but it makes sense considering that she was taught to hunt.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, just played it. Throwing 50 enemies at you feels like overkill...

Lv 8, HP 44, STR 23, MAG 8, SKL 31, SPD 36, LUCK 21, DEF 14, RES 12, Sword A

Skills: Fiery Heart, Avoid+10, Astra, Acrobatics

Mods: SPD best, DEF worst

Does Lyn have any dialogue with Mark?

I like that they kept the FE8 enemies as well, but I'm disappointed by the relatively tame weapon changes compared to KvK. It's a 4-star map and Soren uses Elwind even on HM? Not impressive.

I do like that they kept expanding it to now fill the whole map, though. The three RvB maps stand out more in their distinction from one another than any other map so far, although I'd say most of them did fine in that area regardless.

The return of the FE8 enemies has an interesting implication: Eirika returns as a Swordmaster. I had previously thought this wouldn't be possible, since KvK and RvB enemies were keeping constant stats between the maps, and a class change would mess with that. However, the fact that we now see it as possible removes the one obstacle to Ike taking on Paris's class when he shows up as DLC.

Lyn does have dialogue with MU though

Thanks to /vg/

Lyn: ...I see, I have lost. How vexing...So you are the tacti-

!? Eh...You...You are...!? Can it be...Unbelievable...

...Ah. I apologize for the outburst. It seems that I have confused you for someone else. You look very similar to my precious person...that person was also a tactician, and saved me countless times. Ah, that's right. Did you...lie collapsed somewhere in the past?

>Yes

Lyn: Of course! I knew it. The tactician I knew also was found collapsed three times...I do not think this is a coincidence. Um...does that mean tacticians will always be found lying somewhere?

Lyn: I am Lyn, daughter of the Lorca tribe. Anyways, tell me about yourself. Where were you born? Have you ever been to our world?

What? Amnesia...? If that's true...then it really might be you. Hey, take a good look at me. Can you remember anything? About the times we were together in the plains of Sacae...the times when we fought together with Eliwood...Do you have any memories of those past experiences?

Pick:

>No

Lyn: I see...How unfortunate. You may be a different person from the one I knew. But...Alright, I've decided! Hey. If it's alright with you, take me along on your journey. Even if you really are a different person, I'm fine with that. I'll fight together with you, and confirm it with my own eyes. My swordsmanship will certainly be useful. I think I'll be useful as your bodyguard.

>Sure

Lyn: Watch me. I'll definitely become stronger.

Pick:

>Yes, I remember

Lyn: Really...? Thank goodness! You remembered! I'm...so glad...we were able to meet again...I-I'm not crying. I'm just...so happy...Please, just let me stay like this a little longer...

Lyn: ...Thank you. Yes, I'm better now. Hey, Let's return to Sacae together. Everyone will be happy to see you. Eh? You still have things you must do...? Alright. Then, I will help you out. I'll join you in this battle. Anyone who dares bar your path will be my enemy!

Thanks to /vg/

...Ah. I apologize for the outburst. It seems that I have confused you for someone else. You look very similar to my precious person...that person was also a tactician, and saved me countless times. Ah, that's right. Did you...lie collapsed somewhere in the past?

>Yes

Lyn: Of course! I knew it. The tactician I knew also was found collapsed three times...I do not think this is a coincidence. Um...does that mean tacticians will always be found lying somewhere?

Lyn: I am Lyn, daughter of the Lorca tribe. Anyways, tell me about yourself. Where were you born? Have you ever been to our world?

What? Amnesia...? If that's true...then it really might be you. Hey, take a good look at me. Can you remember anything? About the times we were together in the plains of Sacae...the times when we fought together with Eliwood...Do you have any memories of those past experiences?

Pick:

>No

Lyn: I see...How unfortunate. You may be a different person from the one I knew. But...Alright, I've decided! Hey. If it's alright with you, take me along on your journey. Even if you really are a different person, I'm fine with that. I'll fight together with you, and confirm it with my own eyes. My swordsmanship will certainly be useful. I think I'll be useful as your bodyguard.

>Sure

Pick:

>Yes, I remember

Lyn: Really...? Thank goodness! You remembered! I'm...so glad...we were able to meet again...I-I'm not crying. I'm just...so happy...Please, just let me stay like this a little longer...

Lyn: ...Thank you. Yes, I'm better now. Hey, Let's return to Sacae together. Everyone will be happy to see you. Eh? You still have things you must do...? Alright. Then, I will help you out. I'll join you in this battle. Anyone who dares bar your path will be my enemy!

So Mark (FEA) isn't Mark (FE7), but MU is.

Thanks to /vg/

>Yes

Pick:

>No

>Sure

Pick:

>Yes, I remember

...Okay, why not just have this conversation with Mark? Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Well, just played it. Throwing 50 enemies at you feels like overkill...

Lv 8, HP 44, STR 23, MAG 8, SKL 31, SPD 36, LUCK 21, DEF 14, RES 12, Sword A

Skills: Fiery Heart, Avoid+10, Astra, Acrobatics

Mods: SPD best, DEF worst

Oh, didn't expect her to get the level 10 unpromoted skill as the exclusive one, although it does fit her.

What if Mark is Lyn's Mark, and MU reminds them of Mark? Although with all the alternate timeline jumble, Mark is only one of the possible tacticians sent to Elibe depending on what goes on.

Bleh, I really don't like the idea of Mark or MU being the tactician from FE7.

In fact, I still don't really like these MU-type characters anyway.

Ah, well.

To break that theory.

But then why introduce that theory in the first place? Don't tell me having a tactician unit named Mark, who can be both male and female, and who arrives from an entirely separate dimension with amnesia isn't strongly implying a connection to Elibe.

It's a small thing, but frankly a pretty annoying one.

But then why introduce that theory in the first place? Don't tell me having a tactician unit named Mark, who can be both male and female, and who arrives from an entirely separate dimension with amnesia isn't strongly implying a connection to Elibe.

It's a small thing, but frankly a pretty annoying one.

Mark isn't any more a different dimension than the other kids. (Which, yes, the alternate timelines are different dimensions, but it's not that different) and has amnesia because IS didn't want to write that much- they didn't introduce the theory, we/the fans did. They did this to reinforce the idea that MU = Player and to sink that theory before it got out of hand and FE turns into the next Zelda and they have to start explaining things they don't want to.

Mark isn't any more a different dimension than the other kids. (Which, yes, the alternate timelines are different dimensions, but it's not that different) and has amnesia because IS didn't want to write that much- they didn't introduce the theory, we/the fans did. They did this to reinforce the idea that MU = Player and to sink that theory before it got out of hand and FE turns into the next Zelda and they have to start explaining things they don't want to.

Mark comes from a separate dimension than the rest of the children. Pretending that the amnesia was "accidental" and not an intentional shout-out is empty speculation and rather laughable (seriously, look at how many supports are in this game; you really think they just got lazy?). Then you have the facts that Mark is named, uh, Mark, can be both male and female, and is a tactician.

Sorry, but they dropped the ball here. I feel cheated out of what should have been an awesome reveal.

EDIT: Here's a nice little dose of apologetics from GameFAQs that helps fit things a little better together.

Perhaps naming the kid Mark was just MU remembering that name from the FE7 time before getting dropped here and losing their memories. After all, MU must be very special if Gimle wanted their body.

Edited by Westbrick

That is not a battlefield conversation. It's the one all the characters have at the end of their maps: the person she's conversing with is not necessarily MU, but the player.

It's impossible to draw conclusions from this without comparing to the conversations the other characters have.

Also doesn't mean it's true that MU was FE7's Mark. Saying Yes might just be lying, like saying No is if it isn't.

Oh, I don't think anyone's denying this. Just seems a little jarring that the game would strongly imply that Mark was the FE7 tactician for the longest time, and now strongly imply that MU is in fact the FE7 tactician. No certainly, but that comes with the retcon territory.

I don't see how your theory makes any sense here. It's not like they're denying the connection to FE7, they're just changing it from the expected Mark to the MU. Although... That conversation is from the ending of the chapter, so it's not really shown the person the guest unit is having a conversation with, but the way she calls him the army's tactician implies that it's the My Unit there.

Also doesn't mean it's true that MU was FE7's Mark. Saying Yes might just be lying, like saying No is if it isn't.

yeah,especially since lyn says,that the MU looks similar to the tactician,which may hint at a realationship.

And since MU suffers from amnesia,he/she might simply think he/she remembers,but is actually wrong(or simply lies about it to make lyn feel better)

Oh, I don't think anyone's denying this. Just seems a little jarring that the game would strongly imply that Mark was the FE7 tactician for the longest time, and now strongly imply that MU is in fact the FE7 tactician. No certainly, but that comes with the retcon territory.

Yeah, it's weird. I think it'd be better for everyone if they just kept it at references. Definitely don't want a game branching 13 to 7 or anything.

I'm very sure the DLC characters are talking to MU at the end. Not just because they call them the army's tactician (and MU is *the* army's tactician), but AFAIK Celice remarks...

that the person they're speaking to has a holy marking like themselves, which MU does have. I need to check the convo again to check though, since it was a while ago.

If MU was FE7's Tactician, I don't really understand how everything fits in time-wise. How did they get thrown from Iris to Elibe (for Blazing Sword) and then back to Iris in time for Awakening?

Maybe it's a bit like Katarina remarking how MU is similar to somebody she loves knows (Chris or FE12's MU).

If MU was FE7's Tactician, I don't really understand how everything fits in time-wise. How did they get thrown from Iris to Elibe (for Blazing Sword) and then back to Iris in time for Awakening?

The FE13 MU has a full backstory that ties him to Iris, right? I think I've read somewhere that it's eventually revealed. In that case, yes, it does make things unnecessarily complicated. Really, they should have just made FE13 Mark into FE7 Mark too. As it stands, the FE13 MU seems to have an unnecessarily complicated backstory (which is pretty odd for a player avatar), while FE13 Mark has nearly none...

Maybe Lyn is just mistaken? What sorts of questions do the others ask?

I should mention that the default answer for any of the questions the DLC characters ask is "no". That's where your cursor starts, and that's what you tend to hit if you're just scrolling through the dialogue.

Edited by Othin