"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

Is there any specific SpotPass team or anything better for grinding out levels on promoted units (for skills) than these DLC chapters currently out?

The DLC that's out so far has unpromoted units, so it won't be much help for promoted units, especially reclassed ones, while several SpotPass teams have foes of various levels going all the way up to teams filled entirely with LV20 promoted enemies. So yeah.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid question, but according to TV Tropes, the Mark of the Exalt is apparently on Chrom's second child's right eye... where in-game would that be told?

Huh? I'm pretty sure his other kids don't have the mark at all.

Does anyone know how often you can Spotpass? Or if Nintendo is releasing one random spotpass character at a time from POR?

I currently can only call Titiania, but I really want Mist.

The way the teams work, you download all ten at once, but they each only become available at most once every 24 hours.

The FE9 characters will all become available next week, anyway, when the next set (probably FE10) comes out.

I can definitely confirm that Inigo as Chrom's son brings up the Mark of the Exalt in his right eye. In fact, I had mentioned this in the localization thread before the game was even officially out. I can't confirm if any of the other children have the mark though. Chrom needs to do the recruiting, not the mother.

Alright, just went to Kawaki Chatei to check the script. Turns out that Inigo is the only one who expressedly mention the Mark of the Exalt. My bad for generalizing it to all kids.

Original script:

僕はアズール。ルキナの弟で、

未来のイーリス国王子です。▼

その証拠に、ちゃんと聖痕もあるよ。

ルキナとは逆の瞳の中なんだけど…。▼

I'm Azur. Being Lucina's brother,

I'm the future Iris Kingdom's prince.

For evidnece, I have the holy mark too.

It's in the opposite eye to Lucina's...

(Chrom then proceeds to look into hie eye, which made him feel embarassed.)

Other children don't get recognised by the Mark of the Exalt.

How many playthroughs would it take for me to obtain all the supports?

47, for Avatar and Morgan to get S-rank (for Avatar) and parent/child (for Morgan) conversations with all 47 other characters.

However, if you branch off from your main files for those and do full playthroughs for all the other pairings, I think you'd only need 14: the "regular" Gen 1 pairing pool has 14 men and 12 women, so you focus on the women and give them a different one of the 14 guys each playthrough. Not all of the combinations are possible, since Chrom and Sumia have limited lists, but Sully, Maribelle, and Olivia each have all 14 non-Avatar pairings to make.

Does anyone know how often you can Spotpass? Or if Nintendo is releasing one random spotpass character at a time from POR?

I currently can only call Titiania, but I really want Mist.

I already have Mist along with Soren and Titiania so I think the game gives them to you randomly.

Can someone explain how Quick Burn and Slow Burn works? I'm not seeing their effects when I have them equipped on my characters. Are their effects only applied when we attack/are attacked?

Can someone explain how Quick Burn and Slow Burn works? I'm not seeing their effects when I have them equipped on my characters. Are their effects only applied when we attack/are attacked?

Yeah, for some reason the game doesn't account for skills in the stat screen calculations.

47, for Avatar and Morgan to get S-rank (for Avatar) and parent/child (for Morgan) conversations with all 47 other characters.

However, if you branch off from your main files for those and do full playthroughs for all the other pairings, I think you'd only need 14: the "regular" Gen 1 pairing pool has 14 men and 12 women, so you focus on the women and give them a different one of the 14 guys each playthrough. Not all of the combinations are possible, since Chrom and Sumia have limited lists, but Sully, Maribelle, and Olivia each have all 14 non-Avatar pairings to make.

Couldn't you do it in five?

Get everyone except whoever you're marrying to Chrom prepared to access the S-support conversation with each of their potential wives/husbands, put a save file there (and maybe a backup of that as Suspend Save 2), marry off everyone that can marry and save it to another file, get their kids, get their parental/sibling supports, and then go back to the first file and start again. (Gen 2, once you've gotten everyone, can have their marriage supports done in the same manner, but far more easily save-scummable.)

From there, you'd only need to make additional files so that Sumia, Sully, Maribelle, Olivia, and the female Avatar all get a turn in Chrom's pants. I think. You can tell me if I'm wrong.

Couldn't you do it in five?

Get everyone except whoever you're marrying to Chrom prepared to access the S-support conversation with each of their potential wives/husbands, put a save file there (and maybe a backup of that as Suspend Save 2), marry off everyone that can marry and save it to another file, get their kids, get their parental/sibling supports, and then go back to the first file and start again. (Gen 2, once you've gotten everyone, can have their marriage supports done in the same manner, but far more easily save-scummable.)

From there, you'd only need to make additional files so that Sumia, Sully, Maribelle, Olivia, and the female Avatar all get a turn in Chrom's pants. I think. You can tell me if I'm wrong.

That sounds about right if you're willing to do the save screwery for everyone.

Are support bonuses only applied during Dual/Pair mode? The within 3 spaces thing is no longer a thing anymore, right?

It's anyone that could team up in Dual, so anyone adjacent or in Pair. It's stacked from all such characters rather than just the one specifically selected to offer Dual Attacks/Guards, though.