"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do passive skills like Wrath and Quick Slash work on the supporting unit of Pair Up? Oh, and Bonds?

I'm unsure, though I doubt it.

Do passive skills like Wrath and Quick Slash work on the supporting unit of Pair Up? Oh, and Bonds?

There's no way to see if the crit is boosted with Wrath while being the supporting unit.

But I'm pretty sure Quick Slash works with it because MU was doing 20 damage raw on Gimle/Grima while being the supporting unit here:

I have a few questions about skills.

So what kind of skills, in general, do not activate when equipped to units that are Paired up as the Support Unit? I know that the activation rate offensive skills (Astra, Sol, Lethality, etc.) do not activate, and that Armsthrift does activate. However, what about Despoil? It's not necessarily an offensive skill per se, but it does involve an activation rate used after defeating an enemy unit, but it feels more along the lines of Armsthrift to me in terms of classification so I was curious as to whether or not a Support Unit in a Pair with Leif's Blade could activate Despoil.

And along the same lines of skills that don't activate when equipped to Support Units in a pair, I just found out that Renewal and Bonds do not activate when equipped to a Paired Support Unit. What other skills along those lines wouldn't activate for Support Units? Would Anathema, Wrath, Relief, Charm, etc. not activate or remain active as well while in the Support Unit role?

Also, I'm aware that Rally skills of the same name do not stack with each other, but what about other skills with the same name? Say you've got two of your units adjacent to each other, and one of these units is adjacent to an enemy unit, while the other player unit is diagonal to the enemy unit. If both of the player's units have Anathema equipped, would the enemy have Avoid and Critical Avoid -10, or would they stack to -20?

I just noticed that people who have the Manakete as there original class keep their Dragon-Type weakness when reclassing to a different unit, even if the unit normally doesn't have a Dragon-Type weakness.

Does it work the same way for Tauguls?

I just noticed that people who have the Manakete as there original class keep their Dragon-Type weakness when reclassing to a different unit, even if the unit normally doesn't have a Dragon-Type weakness.

Does it work the same way for Tauguls?

It does.

Only DLC skills (from items or classes) make an MU more expensive (+800). Skills from the main/base game don't affect their cost. And no, there isn't any way to delete skills. The best you can do is just not learn them.

Only DLC skills (from items or classes) make an MU more expensive (+800). Skills from the main/base game don't affect their cost. And no, there isn't any way to delete skills. The best you can do is just not learn them.

that includes bride/demon fighter skills right?

Edited by spoon98

Is there a limit to the number of stat boosting items you can use on any one unit? From what I understand, the raw cap on stats in this game is 40 across the board regardless of unit class (except for HP which caps at 80), and furthermore one can boost a stat past 40 with stat-boosting items. So basically what I'm getting at is finding out what the highest possible number for any particular stat is. For example, if my skill is at 40, can I repeatedly use secret books and boost it indefinitely or does it stop at a certain number like 50 or 60, etc.?

If any of my assumptions are incorrect please let me know, anything I can get on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

the raw cap on stats in this game is 40 across the board regardless of unit class

no

one can boost a stat past 40 with stat-boosting items

no

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/class_max.html

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max_all.html

These are the caps. Level-ups and permanent stat-boosters cannot break them ever; temporary bonuses like skills, weapons, Pair Up, and basically anything else can.

I have a few questions about skills.

So what kind of skills, in general, do not activate when equipped to units that are Paired up as the Support Unit? I know that the activation rate offensive skills (Astra, Sol, Lethality, etc.) do not activate, and that Armsthrift does activate. However, what about Despoil? It's not necessarily an offensive skill per se, but it does involve an activation rate used after defeating an enemy unit, but it feels more along the lines of Armsthrift to me in terms of classification so I was curious as to whether or not a Support Unit in a Pair with Leif's Blade could activate Despoil.

Armsthrift just activates without the game showing you that it has activated. The only way to check this is to remember the uses of your weapons. Donnel conveniently has a Luck cap of 48 and with the All Stats+2 skill, you're basically guaranteed to never lose a weapon usage unless it has an extra effect that allows you to use it to boost a stat temporary or restore HP.

The game shows you that Despoil has activated(shows its icon over the skill holder's head when that happens).