Best/Worst in the Series: Round 147

Best: Levin should definitely count for this, despite his starting class's name. Sety or Arthur, if he's not counted for some stupid strange reason. If so, the aforementioned two get honorable mentions as well as Merric, Wendell, Pent, Saleh, Muriel, and Sariya.

Worst: Sophia. Simply put: She's not even worth the effort needed. You're raising something craptacular into something mediocre at best. Even going by something as meaningless as personal experience. I could argue that she's the worst Dark Mage in the series. Yes, even worse than Knoll who gets a dishonorable mention in addition to Ewan, Nino, and Yubello.

Best: Asvel the bosskiller with the shorts. Any answer except liek Levin!Arthur is objectively wrong.

Worst: Yubello. ROFL -1 Magic base.

Edited by Tyrant Sage

Best: Pent

Honorable Mention: FE10 Soren

Worst: I'd have to say Nino, even though every fiber in my being wants to vote erk (I just dont like erk.). Not usable unless you baby her excessively.

Best: Asvel

Honorary mentions to almost all the other mage kids and young adult sages (Sety, Pent, etc)

Worst: Yubello, any

Dishonorable mention: Bastian, I like his personality, but he's nothing interesting as an unit at arrival

Best: Sety

Honorable Mentions: Levin!Arthur, Pent

Worst: Ewan

Dishonorable Mentions: Ilyana, Micaiah, Sophi, Lilina

Edited by Laurence Olivier

Best: FE9!Soren

Honourable mention to Linde and Lugh.

Worst: Yubello

I was actually training him up and realised just how bad he was when he couldn't even OHKO dragons T_T

Edited by Crazy Foxie

Best: Sety (Do I need to say FE4 or FE5? If I do, FE5, simply because he doesn't have the competition)

Worst: Sophia. Lilina at least recruits a good character (and some not so good ones). Sophia gets a guiding ring. After her one chapter of being forced to join and being useless, she is on the bench forever.

Nominate: Best/worst translation

Edited by deuxhero

Best: Sety

- Honorable mentions to: FE9!Soren, Pent, Arthur, Levin, Yuria

Worst: Sophia

- Unhonorable mentions to: Ilyana, Azel, FE9!Callil (for comming too late, imo), Tiltyu, Deirdre, Sanaki

Best: Sety!

Honorable mentions: Pent <3, Asvel

Honorable mentions: Nino

Rapier, I will fight you. FE9!Callil rocks. Insta-seige tomes woo. FE9!Bastian on the other hand...

Edited by monkymeet

- Unhonorable mentions to: Ilyana, Azel, FE9!Callil (for comming too late, imo), Tiltyu, Deirdre, Sanaki

I find it hilarious that you call out FE9 Calill for coming too late, and yet not say a thing about FE9 Bastian...

Eirika route!Knoll

Isn't the only difference between that and Ephraim mode Knoll the fact that only grinding opportunities are available earlier for him than in Eirika mode? Otherwise, he's basically the same. Just take away a few turns.

Edited by Little Al

It basically happens to be that Knoll is really in a bad situation in Eirika's map and basically has to scurry away to the center of the map. If he sticks around with Ephraim and Duracell he gets facesmashed in one round. His situation is slightly better in Ephraim's route because you start in the south with the bulk of your units, and you can adjust his inventory or promote him to phantoms before you begin the chapter.

Edit: I realize he can get the master seal from the village but I like to save it because guiding rings are much more common.

Edited by Samias

Edit: I realize he can get the master seal from the village but I like to save it because guiding rings are much more common.

Well, there is a guiding ring for you to rob a shaman for in that same chapter...

I know there's a guiding ring to steal, but it's not as easy to get as the master seal. It takes some time to clear away the wyverns for your thief/rogue to pilfer the shaman since you don't have rescue yet and Caellach is sitting on warp.

B-but promoting Knoll is, like, the single best promotion in the game... (but actually it may very well be the promotion that gives the unit the biggest jump in performance)

Best: Asvel

HM: Pent, Sety, Arthur

HM: Nino, Ewan, Sanaki, Pelleas, Yubello, etc.