Have you ever been critical hit by a 1% chance?

This thread's description bugs me. If someone's been hit by at least 100 attacks that have a 1% crit rate, statistically, the expected number of times they would take a 1% crit is at least 1, making this no surprise. It's not really a matter of luck: it's a matter of playing the games enough for something a bit unusual to end up happening.

• 3 weeks later...

Never happened to me, I am too lucky for that. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif.

Only been criticalled about 10 times? And most of the time the crits don't kill me.

Edited by GoldenEmblem7

My first time on Ephraim's route (so actually my second playthrough of FE8 at all), the chapter when you fight Vigard at the capital of Grado: already restarted various times because of berserk staff or I missed Rennac or chests... I finally made it to Vigarde, got everything I wanted, nearly beat him... when he 1%critted falco knight Vanessa. I was so mad that I decided to just let her die.

This thread's description bugs me. If someone's been hit by at least 100 attacks that have a 1% crit rate, statistically, the expected number of times they would take a 1% crit is at least 1, making this no surprise. It's not really a matter of luck: it's a matter of playing the games enough for something a bit unusual to end up happening.

But that's not how it works, statistically. The game first calculates hit before calculating crit, so unless all of the attacks were 100%s, it should not happen in 100 attacks.

Also this is assuming the numbers are truly random, which they're not; I suspect the actual chances of getting a 1% crit RN are much lower than the basic odds would tell us.

Edited by Refa

Can't remember any special 1% crits right now (beside the obligatory arena ones in FE7 lol)

but they do happen to me... a lot...

One thing I remember very well though...

PoR, knight Gatrie blocking the way of one enemy hellebardier

enemy had arounf 57% accuracy, 2% crit and was doubling gatrie, but with laughable dmg

... Gatrie would easily survive even a double-critical from the enemy

and I was like: lol, 2% crit and a double-crit in one single fight, likely not going to happen...

guess what? enemy turn: double-crit!

I was rather annoyed... then I recognized I couldn't heal Gatrie this round...

well Gatrie would survive even one more critical and a normal hit...

so... 2% crit? double-crit in one single fight yet again? not very likely....

I thought....

>___>;

(critted 4 times in a row with 2% chance and around 57 accuracy.... *rage*)

I have a rule for myself regarding Fire Emblem games...

If the game CAN kill you, it will shit on the odds and DO so....

(I remember my Amelia getting owned by 4 skeletons once...

the skeletons had accuracy rates of 3%, 4%, 7% and 11% ... hit ratio - displayed hit! - hit! not crit chance! and they would only kill amelia if all 4 of them would hit.... guess what....)

Haven't seen an enemy crit with a 1% chance, but I've seen my own characters crit with that percentage. In fact, Boyd did in my current playthrough of PoR. :P

I've also seen enemies crit with 2% and higher.

Edited by Anacybele