Are you a perfectionist?

Gold Vanguard

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a perfectionist?

Not in the slightest. Like Raven, it mostly depends how much I enjoy an activity; in the case of education, I'm a C student, and I'm content with that.

This, mostly.

Later this fall, when I move into my dorm/uni, in no way will I be happy with something less than a B+. I didn't really care at all in high school, save a few of my awesome classes.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

I used to be a perfectionist, but I think now I've found an acceptable middle ground between pushing myself too hard and being totally sloppy.

Yes, being totally sloppy IS an acceptable middle ground between perfection and being dead. Congratulations: not everyone is me.

I'm a perfectionist until I either burn out, or get distracted by just about anything. Arr ADHD

Also, Othin, if you say you're a perfectionist, that means you don't stop working at something until it's perfect. Now if you have to put in additional effort, beyond just what's necessary to complete it, that means it's not perfect on your first attempt. Since your first attempt isn't perfect that means you wouldn't be perfect. Just my two cents on that idea.

Okay, I see what you're saying.

I wouldn't agree, though. For me, perfection is something to seek. Past imperfections are something to learn from, but they're otherwise irrelevant.

It also implies that a "first attempt" had "failed" rather than simply being incomplete, which I would say is the wrong perspective and wrong understanding.

I voted for depends.

I could care less about most things (for example, when I had to take Art when I was younger, I took many creative liberties), but when I bake or cook something it's serious business. mellow.gif

• 5 weeks later...