luigi bros

Which five would you pair with...  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Aideen

2. 2. Aira

3. 3. Lachesis

4. 4. Sylvia

5. 5. Fury

As stated in my previous thread I am trying to determine the best five pairings for each mother in the game.

I am enabling you to pick as many options as possible, but please only pick 5. Otherwise it's just counter productive.

After 24 hours (5:00 PM EST tomorrow) I will begin writing my guide.

There is another topic like this with the other options.

If possible, post what you picked.

Edited by luigi bros

Aideen: Midir, Fin, Jamka, Claude, Azel

Ayra: Lex, Noishe, Holyn, Jamka, Dew

Lachesis: Fin, Beowulf, Azel, Claude, Alec

Fury: Levin, Claude, Azel, Noishe, Alec

Sylvia: Levin, Claude, Azel, Lex, Nobody

Aideen - Midir, Jamka, Azel, Claude, Dew

Ayra - Noish, Jamka, Holyn, Lex, Dew

Lachesis - Fin, Beowulf, Lex, Claude, Alec

Sylvia - Levin, Claude, Holyn, Dew, ded

Fury - Levin, Claude, Alec, Noish, Lex

Precisely per other thread.

Fury: Levin, Claude, Azel, Noishe, Alec

Okay, seriously, somebody (I don't care if it's this quoted guy) explain to me why Azel is popular for Fury.

These are in no particular order.

Healer Chick the First: Ardan, Azel, Midir, Jamka, Claude

Sword Chick: Noish, Ardan, Lex, Holyn, Levin

Healer Chick the Second: Azel, Fin, Dew, Holyn, Beowolf

Dancer Chick: Alec, Lex, Holyn, Claude, Death by Reptor

Flying Chick: Noish, Dew, Holyn, Levin, Claude

Some choices may look odd, but that's how I go.

Edited by Konnor97

Okay, seriously, somebody (I don't care if it's this quoted guy) explain to me why Azel is popular for Fury.

I know, because I used to think like that.

Before trying it:

"Pair mothers with fathers of a similar class to their sons/Peppermint Patty, therefore AzelFury"

After trying it:

"Sety w/o Sety is only mediocre and Fee is even more blargh!"

Edited by Baldrick

For these characters?

Aideen: Midale, Jamuka, Claude, Azel, Alec

Rationale here is that you can either have Lester be useful as a unit, or you want Rana to be a great healer. Midale and Jamuka work for Lester, and Alec to an extent. Problem is lack of pursuit *really* hurts Lester. Azel, he'd still have pursuit but not much else. Claude because... well, high staff rank that Rana already has. Azel gives you early Rescue staff and good magic for Rana, but weaker Lester. Alec is last decent father for Lester because he wants pursuit. Badly.

The reason I don't list Dew is that Claude at least gives Lester holy blood. Dew!Lester can't do anything.

Aira: Lex, Noishe, Holyn, Arden, Dew

Sword twins *always* turn out amazing. Only question is by how much can they destroy everything in their path. Lex gives them elite, ambush, and stupidly high HP and Defenses, making sure that they will always be leveled and be able to tank a number of hits. Noishe gives Charge/Duel so they can help finish opponents, and also Critical which helps annihilate anything without Awareness. Holyn maxes out Odo blood, gives high HP and perfect skill, but criticals are better than Moonlight sword which competes with the better Meteor sword. Arden gives good growths, as does Dew who also gives Bargain. But, as the sword children don't use staffs or holy weapons, it's not as helpful and Sunlight Sword again interferes with Meteor sword.

Lachesis: Finn, Beowolf, Alec, Azel, Dew

Like Lester, Delmud really wants pursuit. Nanna does too if you use her for combat, but she's best used as a healbot with Relive. As a result, anyone with Pursuit is ideal because the Pursuit ring can be saved for other people. I like Finn more because (not a huge douche like Beo but whatever) I've gotten better characters in personal experience and Prayer is nice for bad situations and arena. Only issue is taht no weapons are passed down. Beowolf is pretty similar, but gives Charge instead of Prayer. Their growths are pretty similar too, only differences being 70% STR for Finn and 80% STR for Beo, 110% HP for Finn and 120% HP for Beo, and 70% LCK for Finn and 40% LCK for Beo. Preference here. Alec is pretty much the same except he gives Awareness, which is not as useful. Yes, immunity from Knightkillers but those shouldn't be hitting anyway. Azel gives Pursuit and good MGC growths for Delmud and Nanna so magic swords are stronger. Dew is for... growths and bargain for Nanna staffbot. Not much else...

Sylvia: Levin, Claude, Lex, Noishe

Levin for Holsety Corple (eventually...) and Lynn should never get hit with that speed growth. Claude gives perfect staffs to Corple and Lynn has good dodge stats, but that's it. Lex mainly for Elite and making it easy to spam levels. Noishe gives Critical for Lynn arena but... eh. Sylvia is the least important one for pairings, Corple is always behind in the castle and Lynn has no combat utility. She dances and makes 4 others attack again, far better than her attacking something.

Fury: Levin, Claude, Lex, Azel, Alec

Levin!Sety is a complete monster, and Fee turns out pretty well. Claude!Sety is... you know what, screw it. Sety is always a monster, you really can't screw him over. Best sety is with Levin as the father, secondary are Azel and Claude as parents, that's that. Lex gives Elite and Elite is always amazing. Alec is mainly to help Fee by giving her Awareness and decent growths. Claude!Fee becomes absurdly useful as staffbot after promotion, so taht's a huge bonus. Azel gives Sety a good MGC growth and Fire preference... but just use Lightning instead, there's no point to using Volcano or Elfire when you have Lightning.

Azel gives Sety a good MGC growth

But I mean, seriously, this is literally the only thing Azel provides as a dad and it utterly fucks Fee. How is that top 5? Even Beowulf would be better since he at least provides Sety with Charge and gives Fee good shit.

Aideen - Midir, Jamka, Azel, Claude, Dew

Ayra - Noish, Jamka, Holyn, Lex, Dew

Lachesis - Fin, Beowulf, Lex, Claude, Alec

Sylvia - Levin, Claude, Holyn, Dew, ded

Fury - Levin, Claude, Alec, Noish, Lex

Precisely per other thread.

Generally because he's a magic user. Fee will have the exact same strength growth of 25 when Levin, Claude and Azel are her fathers. She usually gets a strength ring. Hero Lance has her name on it. She can get a little more bang with magic swords and staves. Sety is fine regardless of who his father is.

You're getting way too worked up over it.

Edited by Pitbuller26

If you need to come up with a fifth good father for Sylvia, wouldn't Azel work if he's not being used for anyone else? Since he gives magic?

The reason I don't list Dew is that Claude at least gives Lester holy blood. Dew!Lester can't do anything.

Dew is a Lana pairing. Even so, half price bows > Stave rank when you can't use staves.

EDIT: @Boron: Corple comes too late, and is too crappy to do much besides staffbot, for his stats to matter. So the only father that benefits him is Claude for Valkyrie (and Levin for Holsety, I guess, if he's not with Fury or Tiltyu). It's like saying Renault would become good for Final if he had a personal tome that granted +5 Magic.

Edited by Baldrick

If you need to come up with a fifth good father for Sylvia, wouldn't sacrificing her to Reptor be a great idea? That way you get Laylea, Sharlow, the Barrier Sword, and a Berserk Staff.

I fixed it. It looks better now.

Generally because he's a magic user. Fee will have the exact same strength growth of 25 when Levin, Claude and Azel are her fathers. She usually gets a strength ring. Hero Lance has her name on it. She can get a little more bang with magic swords and staves. Sety is fine regardless of who his father is.

It's not all about STR/MAG. Levin passes down a kick-ass skillset and an amazing SPD growth to boot to both Fee and Azel. Claude passes down B Staves (uguuu), S Staves (uguuuuuu), and kick-ass RES. Azel passes down literally no skills to either child. If Sety is fine regardless of who his father is, why would we pick a dad who only benefits Sety?

You're getting way too worked up over it.

Yes, how dare I disagree with a "best" pairing (note: not favorite.)

Aideen: Azel, Lex, Midir, Claude, Dew

Aira: Noish, Lex, Fin, Dew, Holyn

Lachesis: Azel, Lex, Fin, Beowulf, Claude

Sylvia: Levin, Claude, Azel, Dew, Death (I forgot about Lex, but I'm too lazy to change my vote)

Fury: Noish, Levin, Claude, Dew, Lex

It's not all about STR/MAG. Levin passes down a kick-ass skillset and an amazing SPD growth to boot to both Fee and Azel. Claude passes down B Staves (uguuu), S Staves (uguuuuuu), and kick-ass RES. Azel passes down literally no skills to either child. If Sety is fine regardless of who his father is, why would we pick a dad who only benefits Sety?

Yes, how dare I disagree with a "best" pairing (note: not favorite.)

The only thing Levin gives is Critical. Fury has Pursuit(best skill in the game). Fee gains Continue when she promotes and Sety automatically has Continue. The kids will be multi-hitting and killing regardless of the father.

You say it's not all about str/mag, Fee has enough speed already and a decent growth regardless of her father again. Arden, Lex, and Noishe giving her a 40 in it. True, Claude grants her a B rank in staves and I'm not going to deny B rank pretty much lets her use all the important ones. Azel grants her better magic than Claude meaning she can either choose to go with magic or the trusty Hero Lance.

I'm not trying to say FuryxAzel is 1 or 2, hell even 3. It is definitely number 4 or 5.

Where does it say that?

In my post

Nevermind, I thought we were talking about Sylvia in general.

Edited by Baldrick

I'm not trying to say FuryxAzel is 1 or 2, hell even 3. It is definitely number 4 or 5.

I'd say its about sixth.

Levin and Claude are no-brainers, Noish gives both of them one of the best skillsets in the game, Lex gives elite which can really help out Fee and Ambush which can be good with the Hero's Lance, I think fifth is Dew, he gives really good growths to Fee and Bargain can be quite good for both of them.

I think that FuryxAlec is more overrated than FuryxAzel. I really don't remeber their being many bow-users in Gen. 2 although I might be wrong.

Edited by Second Pronoun

There is Scorpio's squad in the final chapter. That's all I remember.

All this talk about Fee makes me realize just how versatile she is when it comes to fathers.

Edited by Pitbuller26

Aideen: Fin, Midir, Jamka, Beowulf, Claude

Aira: Noish, Fin, Lex, Dew, Holyn

Lachesis: Alec, Lex, Fin, Beowulf, Claude

Sylvia: Azel, Lex, Levin, Claude, Nobody

Fury: Alec, Azel, Lex, Levin, Claude

Adean: Midir, Finn, Alec, Beowulf

Ayra: Noish, Lex, Jamka, Finn, Holyn

Lachesis: Finn, Azel, Beowulf, Alec, Midir

Sylvia: Claude

Fury: Levin, Claude

Aideen

Midir: Passes down Pursuit and Bows, and doesn't screw with growths.

Jamka: Same as Midir, except no Pursuit

Claude: Ch. 6 A Staves, but a really really lame Lester

Ayra (honestly, can't screw her up)

Lex: Develops combat gods with great everything except move.

Noish/Beo/Jamka: Overkill offense

Holyn: Quick and easy plus durable kids. Nothing compared to Lex though.

Dew: Sunlight hit and good growths

Lachesis

Fin: No swords for Delmud, but helps out Nanna a bit with the Fin convo and makes them solid frontline fighters.

Beowulf: Just solid throughout and easily done.

Azel: Gives a Nanna that can heal and thanks to Lachesis's holy blood, doesn't screw with Strength.

Sylvia

No one: Layla and Sharlow and solid characters.

Claude: Quick plus gives a decent endgame staffer

Azel: Pursuit, magic, and speed, so Corple can arena for $$$ post promotion.

Dew: Bargain for staffing.

Fury

Levin: Painless plus overkill speed and skills.

Claude: Super utility units and turns Falcoknight Fee into a goddess.

Noish: Gives a solid fighting Fee.

Dew: Bargain for staffing.

Alright I've gathered the results:

Aideen - Midir, Jamka, Claude, Azel, Fin

Aira - Noishe, Lex, Holyn, Dew, Jamka

Lachesis - Fin, Beowulf, Lex, Azel, Claude

Sylvia - Claude, Nobody, Lex, Levin, Dew

Fury - Levin, Claude, Noishe, Lex, Alec

These are the pairings that I will write about.

Aideen: Midir, Jamka, Claude, Azel, Fin

Aira: Lex, Jamka, Holyn, Dew, Noish

Lachesis: Fin, Azel, Beowulf, Alec, Dew

Sylvia: Claude, Levin, Dew, Holyn, Nobody

Fury: Noish, Lex, Levin, Claude, Azel (I put the two I feel best for Fury first, with the bottom three who focus on Sety being less significant since he's always good, though I was tempted to put Levin on top; I threw out Alec because immunity to arrows is cool, but it's like the only thing he brings to the table)

Edited by Cosmic_Harold