Anonymous Mafia - Game Over

Prims

I don't care how healthy it is, I still find asparagus to be one of the most disgusting things I've ever chewed down in my entire life.

Gonna reread the thread to get a better idea of these other wagons, but Asparagus has seemed kinda flaky to me so far so if I don't feel either of these wagons I'll probably keep my vote on him/her.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

##unvote

i didn't like the post for which I voted for him, and I liked his response to my vote even less, but what I liked the least was how fast that wagon built up on him.

this is sheeping, but i agree with what asparagus said a couple posts above me about yoshimi and colin. there's no point to saying you don't like either wagon and not giving a reason why, and then not even giving a reason for the vote you do make. also while colin's said good stuff about gameplay strategy and what you should/shouldn't do, he hasn't made much of an effort of scumhunting. it's more like he's correcting other people's logic instead. but i haven't really done much scumhunting yet either so i can't really fault colin for that. therefore

##vote: yoshimi

You are misrepresenting me. Every post I made was directly related to the game at hand. I should not need to explain why my belief that disagreement does not imply different alignment almost immediately after a post was made because tails disagreed with someone's vote. Should I spell it out for you? It means I disagree with tails--I do not think that vote was scummy.

I do think the tails wagon is scummy. From my experience, mafia do not accuse everyone who disagrees with them to be mafia (unless the mafia is our esteemed host). The quick votes concern me, since I personally found Sundown's rolefishing and attempt to get me modkilled scummier, as well as his deflection. I do not think everyone on the wagon is mafia, but I would not be surprised if someone who voted later was mafia trying to bandwagon a mislynch.

For the record, I do not think Shotta is particularly scummy at the moment.

Call me stupid but I didn't interpret Sundown as ever scumhunting. Couple that with the fact that the wagon was growing quite large. I didn't want to tip it over the edge (I would've made it 5, majority is 8). Trafalgar was being voted because of a weird reaction, iirc?I don't think it's nearly enough to warrant a lynch, and others provided sufficient pressuring without my sheepvote.

I don't have time to scumhunt right now, but I will when I get back, later.

Asparagus (3) - Shotta, VoltTackle, Trafalgar

tails1996 (3) - Vanilla Diet Coke, Sundown, Eternlty

NE93B27J3U (2) - Daniel Craig, ILoveTangerine

Sundown (2) - Perseus, NE93B27J3U

Yoshimi (2) - Asparagus, Sparrow

Eternlty (1) - Colin Mochrie

Trafalgar (1) - tails1996

VoltTackle (1) - Yoshimi

Not Voting - None!

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to hammer. You have 31 hours left in the day (countdown).

Additionally, Colin Mochrie has informed me that she will be on V/LA during the final 11 hours of the day.

actually you know what this is beautiful!!!!!!!!!

and call me letters

i actually kind of think we have mafia-town wagons here

hey now

Additionally, Colin Mochrie has informed me that she

hey now

1.To inquire about the reasoning behind the very first post, let alone vote of the game is to role fish, seeing as there is literally nothing to go on in that point of time, unless you have a role. It's no wonder why Numbers immediately changed votes and neglected to answer you.

Um, in most of the games, the early D1 votes didn't have any actual reasoning behind them, but were just random votes piled in. It is extremely rare for the first game vote to be one based on genuine reasons derived from their role. I had assumed he was joking, and didn't have any actual reasons behind it, which is what I hoped he would have said. Or at least, if he ignored my inquiry, it would have been fine, because if he really wanted to imply he had genuine reasons, he would have clarified it. What I don't understand is why he voted me because of that.

Regardless of what you might say, my experience with Mafia here leads me to believe that most of the early D1 votes are random votes with no actual reasons. I did not think NE# was actually serious but if he was, I wanted to make sure that he was. All these early random D1 votes with no reasoning, and the stupid D1 joke posts are very annoying, since they fill up space in the thread and make players look active when they don't actually say anything relevant, so I wanted to know if NE#'s claim of having his reasons would fall into this category or not. If yes, I can ignore it and treat it like the rest of the fluff. If no, I can treat it like a serious game-related post that would add data for future analyses.

2. Why did you deflect the question the first time, then?

Like I said, most early D1 votes are random votes with no reasoning, and early D1 contains a few joke posts. I didn't see anything wrong with my question, so when someone says "This guy is rolefishing, which is scummy, so I'll vote for him" when I wasn't rolefishing, I didn't take it seriously. And then it started building up into a bandwagon and then I realized that players actually found that post scummy.

See, I think you're playing smoke and mirrors, especially now that you're piggybacking onto a bandwagon that draws the attention away from yourself, based on intentionally misrepresenting a random vote FMPOV due to the flimsy reasoning (Traf voted for Colin).

I voted for tails, because of his vote on Trafalgar. Because I found that scummy. What would you rather have me do, then? Keep talking about myself and write essays on why I should not be voted for?

Aside: The insult flinging by Tails was poor word-choice, but the fact is, Sparrow voted Tails based on the assumption that the Traf vote was mainly because they voted Herr Mochrie. I think the case is more like what VDC pointed out earlier in that Traf hasn't said anything solid other than an abyssmal guess and a town read on yours truly, and the vote by Tails was intended to pressure Traf into saying more, with the Mochrie RV as an excuse-reason. Now that hasn't worked very well, and the logic and word choice behind it isn't spectacular, but declaring it as 'stupid' and trying to hang the user by it is an example of poor judgement/interpretation. Oh, and ATE by at least 2/4 of the wagoneers. So, in short, I can see where Tails was coming from with the Sparrow backlash.

That's not what I found suspicious. The problem was that tails found Colin Townish, and then voted for Trafalgar for voting for Colin before the quoted Townish post. I can't understand that reasoning. He saw Trafalgar voting for Colin, then found a Townish post by Colin, and decided to go back and vote for the guy who voted for Colin? If his true intention was to pressure Trafalgar into saying more, that's okay. But when he says nothing but, "X looks Townish because of this, so Y is scummy because of this (vote), so Vote: Y", I thought he meant what he said and I found that reasoning to be really bad because of the chronological order of his quoted posts. If he had some other reason, he didn't say so. Why would he be looking for such a stupid excuse to vote while saying nothing about the true reasoning behind it? Is it wrong for me to take his words at face value, or are you saying that I should always assume that players might have other reasons that are not in their posts, and so I shouldn't attack anything they write?

##Unvote, Vote: VoltTackle

90% certain this guy is scum.

Town:

Asparagus

Colin

Sundown

Yoshimi

tails

maybe

In retrospect, what I did in RVS was necessary. People will talk about it for pages.

THINGS THAT AREN'T SCUMMY ON THEIR OWN:

This from the same person that whined about RVS and spammed the first two pages. Your logic is terrible and that's with benefit of the doubt. Surely you can find other ways to make a mislynch stick than someone scumhunting in a way you didn't think of.

Taunting. Jackass is not mutually exclusive to a side.

Unclaimed post restrictions - it doesn't appear to get in the way of scumhunting

Defending stupid logic - Maybe there's three townies who use this kind of logic, and were insulted by it (serves you three right, now start using your brains)

1.To inquire about the reasoning behind the very first post, let alone vote of the game is to role fish, seeing as there is literally nothing to go on in that point of time, unless you have a role. It's no wonder why Numbers immediately changed votes and neglected to answer you.

2. Why did you deflect the question the first time, then?

See, I think you're playing smoke and mirrors, especially now that you're piggybacking onto a bandwagon that draws the attention away from yourself, based on intentionally misrepresenting a random vote FMPOV due to the flimsy reasoning (Traf voted for Colin).

Aside: The insult flinging by Tails was poor word-choice, but the fact is, Sparrow voted Tails based on the assumption that the Traf vote was mainly because they voted Herr Mochrie. I think the case is more like what VDC pointed out earlier in that Traf hasn't said anything solid other than an abyssmal guess and a town read on yours truly, and the vote by Tails was intended to pressure Traf into saying more, with the Mochrie RV as an excuse-reason. Now that hasn't worked very well, and the logic and word choice behind it isn't spectacular, but declaring it as 'stupid' and trying to hang the user by it is an example of poor judgement/interpretation. Oh, and ATE by at least 2/4 of the wagoneers. So, in short, I can see where Tails was coming from with the Sparrow backlash.

As for Numbers and CM, I agree with Mochrie on Numbers in that Numbers appears townie to me. This is probably because Numbers reminds me of a playstyle I have an amount of meta on. As for Mochrie, well aside from his bingo card which is obvscum, I think his posts make sense, which is a towntell in my eyes.

Anyways, I'm staying on Sundown for reasons I posted above.

Attempting to metagame in an anonymous setting. This game had better be smart enough to figure out why it's not the best idea. Given my wagon, I somewhat doubt this.

Not condensing one's thoughts. That could've been explained in three posts, tops.

WHAT I CONSIDER SCUMMY:

the competing tails-sundown wagons are interesting.

perseus's responses to sundown and his opinion on the two wagons is something that we seriously need to look at when we get a flip. i actually kind of think we have mafia-town wagons here, and tails provides more flimsier responses than sundown does, but then perseus comes out and suggests that sundown is just glad to have a counterwagon to protect his ass.

##Unvote

let me see

Nice slip. BTW, I'm town.

Like I said, most early D1 votes are random votes with no reasoning, and early D1 contains a few joke posts. I didn't see anything wrong with my question, so when someone says "This guy is rolefishing, which is scummy, so I'll vote for him" when I wasn't rolefishing, I didn't take it seriously. And then it started building up into a bandwagon and then I realized that players actually found that post scummy.

I voted for tails, because of his vote on Trafalgar. Because I found that scummy. What would you rather have me do, then? Keep talking about myself and write essays on why I should not be voted for?

Pay attention to the rest of the game, to anything addressed to you, and stop jumping on opportunistic trains with shitty logic. This feels like a feeble attempt to divert everyone's attention away while he takes his hand out of the cookie jar.

Yeah I'm not actually that bullshit role. Good to see discussion came from it even if it was just a little bit.

Asparagus is town.

Sundown rolefishing...? Eh, I don't know if that counts. I'll ISO him. Sparrow and Keysmash too.

"real things to form opinions on are happening but imma random vote and pretend to be helpful"

##Vote: Trafalgar

And then!

Colin Mochrie is looking pretty good to me right now. As in town, not handsome. He is pretty handsome though.

This is basically an OMGUS without the vote. "You're an idiot and mafia, how dare you vote me, inferior player!"

First sentence: Attempting to discredit the vote of a player because they didn't contribute solidly in the first two pages of Day 1, what the fuck

Second sentence: What part of his logic is terrible? "With benefit of the doubt"? What are you implying?

Third sentence: So you think he's mafia trying to mislynch you? Why not vote then? Was this entire post just shitty bravado?

That was a horrible reaction and your last two posts have more appeal to emotion than I'm confident is legal. Trafalgar is honestly not that bad but what the hell is this seriously.

##Unvote

##Vote: tails1996

You like wagons, being emotional, and generally being more of an ass than me, don't you? Emotion isn't a scumtell. Sheeping twice and contradicting yourself is. Let's see you respond in an even-headed and calm manner; then I might believe you. One of you decided to post something so inherently stupid that I can't let it go.

That's not what I found suspicious. The problem was that tails found Colin Townish, and then voted for Trafalgar for voting for Colin before the quoted Townish post. I can't understand that reasoning. He saw Trafalgar voting for Colin, then found a Townish post by Colin, and decided to go back and vote for the guy who voted for Colin? If his true intention was to pressure Trafalgar into saying more, that's okay. But when he says nothing but, "X looks Townish because of this, so Y is scummy because of this (vote), so Vote: Y", I thought he meant what he said and I found that reasoning to be really bad because of the chronological order of his quoted posts. If he had some other reason, he didn't say so. Why would he be looking for such a stupid excuse to vote while saying nothing about the true reasoning behind it? Is it wrong for me to take his words at face value, or are you saying that I should always assume that players might have other reasons that are not in their posts, and so I shouldn't attack anything they write?

Way to ignore everything for a shitty vote. Trafalgar still had a vote after that post, which you decided didn't fit into your world view. That last sentence reeks of passive-aggressiveness, as well as a convenient excuse to get out of things when everyone sees the town wincon in my role PM. You can start looking better by apologizing, rather than attempting to defend your terrible logic. You had enough crap on you with your earlier antics; your last post convinced me that you're no good for the town. Go ahead and pass this off as a OMGUS; it might help your case.

##Unvote

##Vote: Sundown

why do you think that this guy is scum? iirc you haven't said anything about him (i might be wrong). i haven't gotten any real impressions from him yet.

as for yoshimi, i'm very disappointed with his response to the point that asparagus made. he sort of gave a reason for why he didn't like one of the wagons, but still didn't give a reason as to why he disliked the other one. nor did he give the reasoning behind the vote he did make. so i'm going to keep my vote on him for now.

also tails is looking better imo with that last post.

i didnt think tails looked too scummy in the first place.

what i was saying with my earlier post, though, was that i was thinking that well what if one of the wagons this time is scum? i guess thats kind of dumb to say, though. i mean, lets just say that its an earlygame feeling that i kind of have. maybe.

i dont really like yoshimi and traf's behaviors right now. shotta is being kind of obnoxious and unhelpful and clinging onto a partial jokevote which is dumb, but he isn't really actually scummy, yet.

ill address colin again soon

also i have to read sundown's whole post. i liked what i read of it, though.

Town:

Asparagus

Colin

Sundown

Yoshimi

tails

maybe

In retrospect, what I did in RVS was necessary. People will talk about it for pages.

ok then. im sure that you have a really complex plan going on in your head here but would you mind maybe explaining some of your reads here, or at least explain why youre pretty sure volt is scum? i guess you dont have to answer if you dont want but vagueness wont help us if you die later.

@NE9: I am a beautiful lass. Also, I would like you to explain why you have your reads although I get the impression many of your votes are just to get reactions.

Anyway, I intend to switch my vote to Sundown before I leave unless someone makes a really good case against someone.

I think tails is town. The Traf vote by tails was odd, but tails is attracting a lot of negative attention to herself with her angry reactions, and I doubt that mafia would do that. The visceral response by most people is "This person is acting weird, she must have something to hide." However, I do not think that is accurate. Usually, people who get angry like this tend to be town and are just explosive. This is not always true, and it is possible to fake this. But I do not think this is the case here. Additionally, I feel like her vote on Traf is being misrepresented by Sundown. The logic was poor, as mentioned, but it was not opportunistic or innately scummy. At the time, Traf had no votes on him.

Asparagus: Please try to condense your thoughts and lose the fluff because its annoying as all hell to sift through to find the stuff that is actually useful. I feel like you are being waffley, with this and this, except you never voted to pursue your suspicions, which also bothers me a bit. I don't know how many votes Sundown had at this point so I don't know if that is an excuse.

Colin Mochrie: Made a few good points, member of the Sundown wagon. Nothing very noteworthy.

Daniel Craig: Not a whole lot of activity, was on the Sundown wagon then got off for reasons that I believe are flimsy, since Sundown's behavior was fairly consistent and nothing else noteworthy happened.

Eternity: Even less activity. 2 posts. One to RV asparagus and one to wagon Tails. I don't like the reasoning on the tails vote, either.It seems like you don't like it attitude so you vote him for it.

ILoveTangerine: a random vote and a vote for NE93 for a pretty much nonexistent reason. They cited that NE93 was trying to get on Asparagus' good side. What purpose would that serve?

NE93B27J3U: Gave two RVS votes, idk why, but that doesn't come off as scummy to me. His reaction to his votes seems decidedly townish, though. I can't tell whether he actually thinks that list of people are town or he is just making stuff up, because that appears to be a trend.

Perseus: Nothing very noteworthy.

Shotta: A random vote on asparagus that he later validated by calling asparagus flaky. Otherwise, he's been pretty useless.

Sparrow: Lots of fluff and very useless at first, dismissing RVS. Thought that VDC actually claimed miller survivor. The rest is pretty logical and within standard norms.

Sundown Rolefishing, I don't really understand why they voted tails, but that is my fault, not his. Their latest post doesn't really help. Claiming that they ignored most of the RVS, except he wanted to make sure NE93's vote was a RV, seems strange.

tails1996: He is coming forth with a bullyish, leader style. This makes him seem convincingly town but isn't actually relevant to his alignment. Proceed with caution.

Trafalgar: Fairly normal, I just realized I'm echoing them with a few of my points, but whatever. they said they were getting a good feeling from Perseus...why?

Vanilla Diet Coke: fakeclaimed vanilla survivor which was distracting for a bit. Voted trafalgar because they didn't like Traf's vote for Colin Mochrie, which was a RVS vote. Some might say they VDC is buddying with Mochrie. Part of the weak tails wagon

VoltTackle: Seems to want to make everyone like them(reason why I voted). Suspicious of asparagus for voting for sundown except asparagus never voted for sundown.

After iso'ing Sundown, I totally see the "hand in the cookie jar" analogy. They waited and provided no defense, until it was obvious that they could not ignore the wagon. Then, they went over the top to give what was a rather weak defense. ##Vote: Sundown

Other lynches I approve of: Asparagus, VDC.

Tails' last post had a lot of emotion and not too much actual content, and did not actually address the points made against him. Just going 'that logic is stupid' doesn't really contribute much. Given that displays of emotion tend to be read as Town, it makes me wonder if Tails is putting on an angry/blustering front to shove attention off of him. However his reference to post restrictions makes me think it's also possible he has some kind of PR to be aggressive.

So slightly suspicious of Tails at this point, but still more suspicious of Asparagus; his many posts feel low on content and his last post is echoing again. Would also like Asparagus to explain his Letters read more; what makes him Town? I have a neutral read on him so far.

Perseus' little defense of Tails earlier on has caught my eye; he read a whole lot into Tails' original post, and explained Tails' actions before Tails himself had a chance to. Gives me an odd feeling but not a strong scum read at this point.

Happy with my vote where it is atm.

yes yes yes a case well i suppose that's a reasonable request...

VoltTackle has one (1) non-RVS post:

We seemed to have moved past RVS, so yay!

I'm not feeling the Sundown wagon; the rolefishing people are talking about looked like fairly standard reaction prod/attempt to get discussion going to me. However his poke at Colin about possible userclaim and his attitude towards the Miller Survivor jokeclaim seemed odd. But it's not enough for me to want him lynched at this point.

Tails' vote reasoning made little sense; you have a Town read on a player so people voting them are scum? Not really good logic. Also not sure what about the post of Colin's he quoted was supertown.

Right now I'm suspicious of Asparagus.

Jumped onto the Sundown wagon with weak echoing, but wouldn't put down a vote, later posts did not provide any better reasoning and he doesn't seem to have found anything new from his reread. Seems to be blending in.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Asparagus

And now I go run errands.

12345 breakdown

We seemed to have moved past RVS, so yay!

feel the obvious, feel the filler

I'm not feeling the Sundown wagon; the rolefishing people are talking about looked like fairly standard reaction prod/attempt to get discussion going to me. However his poke at Colin about possible userclaim and his attitude towards the Miller Survivor jokeclaim seemed odd. But it's not enough for me to want him lynched at this point.

feel the duality, the lack of a stand

Tails' vote reasoning made little sense; you have a Town read on a player so people voting them are scum? Not really good logic. Also not sure what about the post of Colin's he quoted was super town.

the points made rehashed, and points to no avail

Right now I'm suspicious of Asparagus.

Jumped onto the Sundown wagon with weak echoing, but wouldn't put down a vote, later posts did not provide any better reasoning and he doesn't seem to have found anything new from his reread. Seems to be blending in.

##Unvote, ##Vote: Asparagus

And now I go run errands.

ok this part isn't terrible but VT is just that mafia guy who posts every once in a while to look active; there's no fight in him

and the past is past - rvs is a dangerous and confusing time

Asparagus: Please try to condense your thoughts and lose the fluff because its annoying as all hell to sift through to find the stuff that is actually useful. I feel like you are being waffley, with this and this, except you never voted to pursue your suspicions, which also bothers me a bit. I don't know how many votes Sundown had at this point so I don't know if that is an excuse.

I voted to pursue you

i cant really help not posting in bits and pieces, but everything in each post matters to me.

i see this as kind of a omgus. i'm suspicious of you. and now you're advocating my lynch? LOL.

again, i'm not claiming today. a wagon on me will be pointless.