Ideas for uploading Awakening Soundtrack?

darkkfan

10 members have voted

1. 1. Could this work?

• Yes, it is a good idea
    • No, it is a horrible idea
    • Maybe, but it may need to be altered slightly

Is there a plan for uploading the Awakening soundtrack to the site, because as far as I know it isn't anywhere on the site and it definitely isn't in the music section? I know the soundtracks on the site are usually gamerips, but I thought I read somewhere that the 3ds was "unhackable" so I don't think we'll be getting gamerips any time soon. I'm no expert, but I think that means the only method left is to individually record all of the songs. That's probably easiest once we have an (English) sound gallery, but if we want to get started, someone (not me) has uploaded a bunch of songs to a playlist on youtube: https://www.youtube....E1&feature=plcp . I'm not sure what we'd have to do to use them (I'm assuming we could just take them since he doesn't own the copyright, but we may need to email the guy first), but it shouldn't be that hard to get the audio from youtube. It only takes one guy with a youtube downloader and a converter, right? Well we'd probably need admin approval if we wanted to get it in the music section. I know I'm just talking to myself here, but what are your thoughts on this idea? I added a poll so people could show whether or not they think this'll work, and I ask that if they respond "No, it is a horrible idea" or "Maybe, but it may need to be altered slightly", they provide a reasonable explanation. Thanks, and I hope I can help!

Edited by darkkfan

I have access to Awakening's music, thanks to a kind individual who recorded the songs from their 3DS. I've been told that the music isn't recorded in proper stereo (the left and right tracks are the same as each other), but it sounds good to me.

However, I'm not planning on uploading the music on this site this year, due to copyright and commercial interest issues. I apologise if this decision bothers any fans, but you're free to listen to the music on Youtube or obtain the track outside of Serenes Forest.

I have access to Awakening's music, thanks to a kind individual who recorded the songs from their 3DS. I've been told that the music isn't recorded in proper stereo (the left and right tracks are the same as each other), but it sounds good to me.

However, I'm not planning on uploading the music on this site this year, due to copyright and commercial interest issues. I apologise if this decision bothers any fans, but you're free to listen to the music on Youtube or obtain the track outside of Serenes Forest.

I get it, so the copyright owners let you upload the music, but only if you wait until it is released in the US, right? That actually makes sense! I'm sure plenty of people will be happy to help you get a better audio track if you want. I'm glad there is already a plan in place, and I understand your position. For those fans who still want the music ASAP, I am still wondering if anyone would like a centralized archive somewhere. We can figure something out if there is enough of a demand.

Well, actually, Nintendo/IS would never let us fan sites host their music legally, but fortunately there hasn't been an instance where Nintendo/IS have taken legal action against Fire Emblem fan sites.

Although, I suppose it's possible that Nintendo is more likely to turn a blind eye if the music is uploaded long after the game comes out.

But, anyway, the main reason I'm doing this is to not kill the already low chance of an official soundtrack CD coming out. That and I feel terrible for uploading Shadow Dragon's OST days after it came out years ago.

Well, actually, Nintendo/IS would never let us fan sites host their music legally, but fortunately there hasn't been an instance where Nintendo/IS have taken legal action against Fire Emblem fan sites.

Although, I suppose it's possible that Nintendo is more likely to turn a blind eye if the music is uploaded long after the game comes out.

But, anyway, the main reason I'm doing this is to not kill the already low chance of an official soundtrack CD coming out. That and I feel terrible for uploading Shadow Dragon's OST days after it came out years ago.

Ok, this makes even more sense now. Thanks for explaining. I now better understand the challenges you face as the administrator. I appreciate your efforts and look forward to the day when you release the Awakening soundtrack. Until then, I once again redirect fans to the Youtube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBA5BF8A789601EE1&feature=plcp .

I will close the poll on this topic, but leave it otherwise open in case anyone feels like further discussion on the topic. Thank you and enjoy!

No ending music? Here's one: http://nicosound.anyap.info/sound/sm18114713 (click "MP3 を抽出" to download; try again if it doesn't work)

This one's often overlooked by most FE13 playlists because it's not available in the Unit Viewer. There's no proper Sound Room in the game, which I consider a defect in an otherwise-awesome game, along with the game's imbalance, insufficient support pairs (I mean, no Ronku/Basilio?) and having only 3 save slots.

Edited by nocturnal YL

No ending music? Here's one: http://nicosound.any...ound/sm18114713 (click "MP3 を抽出" to download; try again if it doesn't work)

This one's often overlooked by most FE13 playlists because it's not available in the Unit Viewer. There's no proper Sound Room in the game, which I consider a defect in an otherwise-awesome game, along with the game's imbalance, insufficient support pairs (I mean, no Ronku/Basilio?) and having only 3 save slots.

Thanks for helping with the uploading. Just out of curiosity and with out going into too much detail that the discussion is labeled off topic, why would you describe the game as having an "imbalance." I don't necessarily disagree with you, I am just curious about learning more about the game (I haven't played it yet, of course, so I am in no position to insist that there is not an imbalance, I am simply curious as to how you would describe it).

No ending music? Here's one: http://nicosound.anyap.info/sound/sm18114713 (click "MP3 を抽出" to download; try again if it doesn't work)

The Unit Viewer functions as as much of a Sound Room as one could ask for. I'd say the support pairs aren't so much a matter of insufficiency as having the wrong ones, though.

The three save slots is, of course, typical for the series, but for a game that builds so much both on replay value and on postgame value compared to past FE games, it really could stand to have more save stats to exercise that potential. FE10 had plenty but couldn't use them, and FE13 could use plenty but doesn't have them.

@darkkfan

FE13 is mostly balanced, although some classes like Sorceror obviously look they're more advantageous than the others. And some skills like Lightning Speed are obviously more useful than, say, Defense+2.

And then the DLC came in. StreetPass battles are just unfair with DLC elements mixed in. The DLC classes are perfectly beatable with a team without DLC classes/skills with Double, but that's bound to change when Limit Breaker gets released.

The two DLC classes themselves are very imbalanced. One class gets 10 attack and 10 resistance and the best weapon types, the other gets support skills that aren't several times better than non-DLC skills, two weapon typess (one can't have direct attacks, the other can't do ranged, magic-based attacks) and while having very high total caps, isn't as good as the other classes (since cap total isn't a good indicator to start with; Magic isn't very useful in this class).

I don't know about what others think, but to me, the value of the DLC is in the map itself. You get a good challenge, and in Lunatic and Lunatic+, essentially the only way to level-grind in early-game. But otherwise, some of the skills offered are just like pay-to-win to me, especially when StreetPass is concerned.

@Othin

The Unit Viewer doesn't do one thing Sound Room does: Allow you to listen to the music with headphones plugged in and the 3DS unit closed. You have this in FE12 (haven't played FE11), 3DS Music, and several other DS games.

Edited by nocturnal YL

• 2 weeks later...

@darkkfan

FE13 is mostly balanced, although some classes like Sorceror obviously look they're more advantageous than the others. And some skills like Lightning Speed are obviously more useful than, say, Defense+2.

And then the DLC came in. StreetPass battles are just unfair with DLC elements mixed in. The DLC classes are perfectly beatable with a team without DLC classes/skills with Double, but that's bound to change when Limit Breaker gets released.

The two DLC classes themselves are very imbalanced. One class gets 10 attack and 10 resistance and the best weapon types, the other gets support skills that aren't several times better than non-DLC skills, two weapon typess (one can't have direct attacks, the other can't do ranged, magic-based attacks) and while having very high total caps, isn't as good as the other classes (since cap total isn't a good indicator to start with; Magic isn't very useful in this class).

I don't know about what others think, but to me, the value of the DLC is in the map itself. You get a good challenge, and in Lunatic and Lunatic+, essentially the only way to level-grind in early-game. But otherwise, some of the skills offered are just like pay-to-win to me, especially when StreetPass is concerned.

Do people frequently exploit these imbalances (particularly the DLC classes and skills) on Streetpass (if anyone has yet had a successful Streetpass battle)? Besides, I can't imagine that the DLC classes would be too overpowered even for Lunatic+? And according to what Othin said in http://serenesforest...pic=34279&st=20 beating the DLC maps on Lunatic is almost as difficult than trying to level grind otherwise (if I am interpreting what you said and what he said correctly). Perhaps we should move this discussion to that thread; it may be slightly off-topic there, but this one will definitely get derailed if we continue to discuss it here. But thanks for explaining the general consensus on the DLC classes, and I eagerly await your response!

Edited by darkkfan

I had the download link to the whole thing somewhere, let me see if I can't dig it up. Vincent, is it alright if I post a link to 2shared here?

Here it is again. If there's a problem just remove it or whatever.

Also this has a substantial number of the songs in MP3 format with better recording quality, but it's all merged into one MP3 file. Hit MP3 を抽出 to download (don't right-click + save as).

Edited by Agro

Hmm... the music differ in volume. For instance, [07] Fate is next to unhearable with my usual volume setting, and [08] Fate~Fire is really loud.

I got them normalized (to peak = 0.00 dB). Anyone interested in the normalized files I made?

Sure, a link is fine. I just won't be advertising it on the front page or anything X D

That's kinda what I was wondering earlier, if it was alright if we used this topic for such purposes as posting links to the files. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far by posting links and giving feedback!