Pokemon Emerald 7th Gym help

Melonhead

Well, I decided to start up pokemon emerald again, and doing pretty well so far. Well, until now.

Tate and Liza are crazy hard! I remember using a mightyena to beat them the first time, but I don't have one now. My team is, at the moment:

Swampert Lv.38

Take Down

Growl

Mud Shot

Surf

Hariyama Lv.37

Smellingsalt

Bulk Up

Vital Throw

Arm Thrust

Lairon Lv.38

Iron Tail

Cut

Rollout

Take Down

Breloom Lv.37

Mega Drain

Dynamic Punch

Sky Uppercut

Strength

Swellow Lv.38

Fly

Secret Power

Aerial Ace

Hyper Beam

Pelipper Lv.37

Ice Beam

Surf

Supersonic

Wing Attack

as I've learned, a balanced-level team like this is not the best idea. Still, it's my prefered playstyle and I want to keep everyone at least within 5 levels of eachother. Any ideas?

Grind. Off you go. Level Swampert and Pelipper, and spam Surf in the battle.

Okay, That's another problem. Where to grind? Shoal cave is a bit to low of a level it seems, and the ocean can be a bit unreliable. All trainers in the ocean part of Hoenn are defeated..

Anywhere that has decent levels, so probably Shoal Cave or the ocean like you said. It's just a matter of pushing through. And it will take time.

You're going to want to start with Swampert and Pelliper. Surf spam until Claydol dies, and Pelliper can fire off some Ice Beams on Xatu.

Once Solrock comes out, concentrate all your attacks on it. If it gets up a Sunny Day, you're in trouble.

Lairon can take a hit if you need it to, and Breloom's Mach Punch is rather potent here as well. Swellow and Hairyama will be pretty useless.

Sharpedo.

Catchable around Mossdeeps waters and has Crunch as a lvl up move.

Was thinking of catching one of these.. Like 'em anyway.

Don't you need a super rod for that though?

It is? It's sure been a while since the last time I played this..

Wobbufett kinda got passed up for being an idiot boring to play, although he is quite good.

I beat the gym with a little bit of a critcal hit rollout mishap to that claydol. After that Larion just sweeped the others with level 4 and 5 rollouts.. Swampert took care of Xatu.

Now what about the Elite 4? Everyone's just 1-2 levels higher now, and I plan on getting that Rayquaza if I have any large problems. Any help there?

Hariyama and Breloom can demolish Sydney and as long as they don't take too much damage, they can handle at least part of Glacia. (thick Fat helps with the Glalie's from Hariyama) Pelipper's ice beam can really take down all but Drake's kingdra by itself, so long as it can survive Salamence's rock slide. Phoebe is just bleh, you'll have to try to beat her woth raw power, unless you mangae to find some guy with a good dark or ghost type move to fight those Dusclops, and evcen then those Banette's will still be annoying. Sableye is pathetic and should be easy. For Wallace, teach Swampert earthquake maybe to take down that Tentacruel, or try your luck with Mud Shot. Swellow can take down ludicolo if it isn't weak or weakened at that time, breloom should definitely be able to take out whiscash, although you could teach it giga drain and give it a PPMax to be safe. A trick I used against Gyarados was making it use Hyper Beam and have Aggron hit it with a rock type move while it recharges. Breloom with draining move should take down Wailord, sonsidering you'll recover in full from whatever damage you may have taken thanks to Wailord's boatloads of HP. Milotic is really tough, so good luck! If you struggle, you could always take the easy way out and just have Rayquaza take down Drake, Phoebe, and Wallace, and have Breloom and Hariyama take the rest.

I'm not too great with strategies, and that's all I can tell ya about E4. Juan is Juan, and you didn't ask for help with him.

Rayquaza can basically sweep the E4 if you catch him. Glacia is Ice, but her pokemon, IIRC, go down before they can attack back. Wallace will be the tough one- most of his pokemon pack Ice Beam and Rayquaza can't OHKO them with Outrage. If your plan is to Rayquaza sweep, teaching him Earthquake and Thunderbolt would probably help.

As for CATCHING Rayquaza, that's basically a crapshoot, as it is with all legendaries. Rayquaza will have a hard time doing too much damage to a decently leveled Lairon/Aggron. Stall out his Rests and then Paralyze him. You don't have any status moves on you, so I dunno.