• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates ? C:

The things left to do are as follows:

- Finish hard mode.

- Finish Igrene's Tale.

- Implement Sain x Priscilla pairing.

- Implement Lyn x Hector/Eliwood pairings in her/Rath's tale.

- Scout out and finish up miscellaneous unfinished text.

- Make sure all the bonus content works.

- Hopefully increase the number of NPC units allocated in memory so that they don't vanish on suspend/resume.

- Hopefully implement reflexive weapon switching for bosses.

- Go through another round of debugging/bug fixing.

Edited by Arch

The things left to do are as follows:

- Hopefully increase the number of NPC units allocated in memory so that they don't vanish on suspend/resume.

this would be very great to have not happen

Keep finding myself wanting to play this... but not wanting to deal with the bugs. >.<

...is there an earlier less buggy version I can try out as well to get both the current experience and a less bugged one?(My apologies if I just missed where that link was...)

Am I the only one who can't unlock the matchmaker feature?

I almost finished all the tales and when I try to speak with Aeorys, Arch appears and say "Please Understand"
I also can't unlock Kent's tale :(

ANOTHER ROUND OF BUG TESTING on top of all the other unimplemented features.

2016 release, anyone?

But seriously, I know that feel when you quash a bug and two more appear in its place. Wastes so much of my time.

Although I figure if you need to scout unfinished text tidbits, beta testers are your guys. The more hands, the better.

I can't say I have a problem with those choices of restricting weapons like that. Although, Marcus always struck me as a Sword/Axe sort of guy...

He starts with, like, A in spears in both games.

Also holy shit all of this looks amazing, tbh. I've... mostly? managed to go unspoiled, so looking forward to running it blindish. First time in a while I'll have done that for an FE...

Just wanted to update today and say that I've implemented all the matchmaker pairings for Lyn's Tale, Rath's Tale, and Raven's Tale. Now I just gotta hammer out Kent's and I think that means Matchmaker is mostly complete (took out Vaida's pairings, oh welllllll). Look out for that new beta soon; I might just disable Bonus Content this time since I know what's generally wrong with those and just gotta work through the kinks. What's most important is getting the tales playtested again with all of the variable pairings.

Edited by Arch

...maybe provide two versions? One with Bonus Content enabled for those who want to help beta-test/search for bugs, the other one disabled for those that just want to have the regular gameplay experience?

Anyways, exciting! :D

Really looking forward to the finished version of this hack! It will be glorious! ;)

It's something I can largely take care of on my own; it'll save people the trouble of not having read these posts and wondering why things are obviously broken.

g7T23zk.png

Anyways, with Legault's Tale wrapped up I think matchmaker's 100% coded. Gotta finish up all the new text I've added today. Vaida doesn't have a selectable pairing but if you pair Priscilla with somebody else, Heath joins in her revengequest. And also joins the Black Fang because #noncanon. Also I've been procrastinating on writing that ending scene for years...

Edited by Arch

After an hour of playing around with matchmaking, I can affirmatively say that I'm in love with this hack. It's glorious. However, that being said, I've accidentally found a gamebreaking glitch-- avertable, but troubling nonetheless. Details in spoilers (tale spoilers ahoy).

[spoiler=Legault's Tale pt2 Spoilers!]Rk8Zsg5.png

This happened at the end of Legault's Tale pt2. I'm not sure the steps to replicate it, but:

I killed the boss objective boss the turn before Heath and Vaida entered, but the chapter did not immediately end. Instead, I got to see Vaida's badass "gung-ho" speech once the turn ended, and the turn ended. The next player phase, I was unable to reach either of the NPCs, so I decided to just clear some more mobs, thinking that there was something behind the roofed-over top-center chamber behind the boss, but once I ended my turn/completed a single movement, the chapter concluded. Alright, then, no biggie-- until, of course, the post chapter conversation, at the end of which brought the above. I also noticed two blue Wyvern Riders, despite the fact I didn't recruit either Heath or Vaida.

Luckily, I had a savestate going. I was able to replicate the glitch once more (attacking with a different unit still force-ended the chapter at the end of the combat), and the same occurred. However, I was able to skip it by hitting Enter/Start to skip the chapter end dialogue entirely, but if there was an extra something or another after Legault's lines and the fire, I may have missed it or may have missed some gaiden chapter requirement-- the ensuing save screen brought me back to Tale Select.

All the above occurred on a fresh save on a freshly patched FE7 rom.

On a side note, Nino is glorious and more or less wrecked the entirety of Legault's Tale pt1 by herself with her Wind tome, so that was cool.

EDIT: Also, all the gaiden chapters (and round two tales) have become accessible without ever having completed the requirements, if there ever were at all. I was able to access Zephiel's tale and Merlinus/Louise/Rath/Kent's tales without having first done their lead ins on a newly patched game.

Edited by Remy

Thanks for the report! I'll have to investigate. Didn't even know you could clear the tale that fast, lol. Glad you're enjoying the new feature, too. Hope people feel it was worth the wait!

EDIT: Also, all the gaiden chapters (and round two tales) have become accessible without ever having completed the requirements, if there ever were at all. I was able to access Zephiel's tale and Merlinus/Louise/Rath/Kent's tales without having first done their lead ins on a newly patched game.

It's intentional, so people can just test whatever they feel like playing.

EDIT: I figured out why. Stupid debug leftover where I forced it to activate Isadora x Legault but it'd read for Nino first if you did that manually. So its just trying to move a unit that isn't there, I think.

Edited by Arch

Hm... not sure what I did, to finish so quickly, either. I had the lock on the right side of the map picked immediately and must have moved Nino into threat range-- I remember doing most of the damage on the counter attack. The party on the left side hadn't even gotten out of their cage yet. Is the paladin boss' AI set to move or pursue or something? That might be a point to notice.

Additionally,

[spoiler=Zephiel's Tale spoilers]The 'dragonslaying sword' Narshen/Narcian gets from Zephiel doesn't seem to have a dragonslaying effect on the manaketes or gargoyles in that tale. Also, not sure whether or not this is intentional, but Brenya's Magic cap is 20, which sort of hampers her usability in the chapter. Does her ice tome have any special features, like any of the other Bern special weapons?

EDIT: Rune Bow has a price of zero (from Kent's Tale's armory).

Edited by Remy