How does one make enemies heal?

dondon151

Clearly, simply tossing a usable staff in their inventory doesn't work.

At the moment, I can't even get enemies to heal normally. I disassembled chapter 29H and discovered that one of the valkyries on HHM that has only staves in her inventory has AI parameters [0x0,0x3,0xA,0x0]. I tried using these AI parameters and ended up with a nonfunctional enemy healer - I would bring an enemy SM down to 11/30 HP, placed the enemy bishop next to the SM (via the EA), and nothing happened on enemy phase with either Mend or Physic.

What I really want to do is also to make the enemy stand in place while healing. I'd imagine this would be the next step.

Edited by dondon151

Maybe you messed with the programming of your game a little too much or something

because when I set it to 0x00000000 or "NoAI" they heal fine. Granted if there's no one to heal they also just advance casually, but eh, yeah they typically heal if it's an option... :\

Huh, nevermind - it turns out that the "heal me!" threshold was much lower than I had originally anticipated. I brought the enemy SM down to 6/30 HP and the bishop would heal him exactly as the AI would suggest. Any idea on how this threshold can possibly be raised?

This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but if you change the first AI byte to 0E ("prioritise healing") or 0F ("no movement healing"), the computer will, approximately, double the healing threshold.

I had Valkyrie!Uhai heal a Sniper with 21/45 HP using AI parameters 0x0E 0x00 0x00.

I messed around with the AI parameters a while back and I can tell you the AI commands and categories are slightly inappropriately named. As far as the game is concerned, there are only 3 AI bytes (1 is attacking, 2 is movement and 3 is for recovery) and I forget what the "4th AI byte" is used for.

Also, AI parameters of 0x00 don't actually mean no AI. No AI is actually 0x06 0x03 and I forget what number 3 should be.

Edited by VincentASM

Also, AI parameters of 0x00 don't actually mean no AI. No AI is actually 0x06 0x03 and I forget what number 3 should be.

Eh what we actually mean by "NoAI" is "confront the enemy carelessly like a kamikaze unit" lol

and yeah at some point someone should make some legitimate doc of the AI bytes. There used to be a little but that wasn't very in-depth IIRC

I would but eh, I have too many other things to do :\

At the very least it's good to know how to "double" the "healing threshold" I've never heard of the term before so I'm putting it and related words in quotes

Now I'm starting to wonder how DS AI works... except I already have a pretty good idea and it's probably easier than any of the GBA games >_>'

[0xF,0x3,0x9,0x20], I used this AI with a unit with Physic, 0xF is the parameter to heal, 0x3 and 0x20 is for stand still and 0x9... I'm not sure what it does, but apparently is used along with the healing AI.

So, [0xF,0x0,0x9,0x0] should work.