The second batch of DLC

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very similar to the Final Chapter but with stronger foes, with endless (probably) reinforcements and Gimle as the boss. And unlike the other FoD's, the objective is Defeat Boss.

The NPC children try to stay out of the way, but they start at 1 HP and all but Lucina will likely be killed on turn 1 if you don't move quickly; also, if Lucina dies, it's game over.

If all 4 survive, there's a lengthy finale with a couple of CGs ending with 'Fin,' so that's probably it for FoD (unless they give us some bonus level that somehow gives Mark parent conversations so (s)he doesn't feel left out, though I couldn't guess how they'd manage that).

It was fun, and IMO the story made it worth the buy even if there was no reward, but I can't help but be annoyed that

the dialogue when killing MU-Gimle is unchanged regardless of MU's kids. I played through with MUs paired with Krom and Tiamo, making sure to have conversations between MU and the kids (who immediately recognized him/her), but everyone's finale dialogue was the same as when MU was paired with nobody. Am I supposed to believe the kids don't realize it despite MU's name being said several times, or what? A little acknowledgement would have been nice.

The finality of the ending means that's probably it for FoD. Is IS seriously leaving the OWR for last?

Beat the chapter in a single turn. The whole point in this DLC chapter is the story, obviously. The 750 yen was well spent on FoD 1~3. Bettern than 350+ yen per Talisman DLC, since I don't care about the talisman itself.

In short, the story is awesomely long while the battle itself is very short in Normal/Hard, lasting for a single turn.

Beat it in Lunatic+ ,no reward ,nothing .Wasted my money .

If reward is your goal, you're supposed to check before you buy it...

Beat it in Lunatic+ ,no reward ,nothing .Wasted my money .

That's like buying Metroid Prime and complaining that Mario doesn't appear, when no Metroid game before it ever had Mario, either.

So how are the childern's classes decided for the other units, just promoted versions of their starting class?

Yeah, default stuff. Azure is a Hero, Cynthia is a Pegasus Knight, etc.

What you're really paying for in this is the story, like it was said before.

Beat the chapter in a single turn. The whole point in this DLC chapter is the story, obviously. The 750 yen was well spent on FoD 1~3. Bettern than 350+ yen per Talisman DLC, since I don't care about the talisman itself.

In short, the story is awesomely long while the battle itself is very short in Normal/Hard, lasting for a single turn.

If reward is your goal, you're supposed to check before you buy it...

Emphasis on long.

The conversation with FeMU as Lucina's mother... It's character development for the children.

It was a LONG conversation... that shows Lucina was doubting it's her mother. She even says "Stay away!" thinking it's just another one of Gimle's illusions.

It's a long cheesy but lovely conversation showing MU's love for her daughter, and that in the end it convinces this world's Lucina to press on. The words said by MU can't be an illusion, accepts her other-world mother's love, and despite not being able to be by Lucina's side, it gives Lucina the resolve to know that her mother wants her to live a happy life. That's what they're fighting for. It is her mother's words that truly give Lucina the resolve and reassurance that there is a hopeful future after this battle.

Also, I haven't actually downloaded the DLC yet, I just skipped to the end of the person's video to read that specific conversation. I'm still doing spotpass chapters and such before I go on and enjoy the DLC for myself... probably recording it with the capture card and POSSIBLY subbing it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm thoroughly befuddled by this progression, but I guess we really are down to the last three...

Isn't Gaia's hair brighter than that? Okay that's not his hair, that makes sense then.

Hmm, I wonder who/what they're fighting. A Dark Mage means it's not just Revenants like Harvest, and he doesn't look like a Corpse Soldier at all.

Edited by Othin

It's kind of interesting that the enemy also seems to be using a beach model. I wonder if that means that every "class" in that stage has its outfit replaced by some swimsuit model? If it's something like that, then maybe the Spotpass and DLC characters will end up appearing in swimsuits too...

Edited by NeonZ

The lack of Lucina is sad. However, "many conversations between the parent characters" leads me to believe it's because this map is just for the first generation. Hopefully that means the hot spring DLC will be for the second generation, and will feature similar scenes for Lucina, Selena, Wood, and Azure, not to mention child character conversations.

Oh yeah, silly me. I didn't think of that X D

I don't think IS would be that silly to exclude Lucina without good reason, given her popularity. I think I got a bit confused because Lucina was shown wearing swimwear in the promo video from ages ago. Presumably that's her hot spring outfit (then again, Liz and Mariabel were there too)?

Hmm. I'm assuming they all don their swimsuits for their portraits and for battle, but only those four get the special art through CGs. Would be rather disappointing otherwise, especially with enemies getting them regardless.

Haha, I wonder what Anna's innertube is made out of. Rubber is invented long after the medieval ages. lol

I guess this simply means this world is more modernized than the one Krom is in.

It seems that other-world Anna has to explain the concept of swimsuits to Krom.

dlc1101_ss1.jpg

I'm betting some of the IS staff may be itching to make high school emblem. After 22 years of being Fire Emblem, their inner "I want to go generic anime" voice is growing loud :P:

Edited by nocturnal YL

Haha, I wonder what Anna's innertube is made out of. Rubber is invented long after the medieval ages. lol

Fire Emblem Awakening presumably does not take place on the Earth, especially not in the Earth's actual history. Inventions did not have to happen in the same order as they did in the real world, there are a huge amount of factors beyond "they're human" and "they live on a planet with a similar overall environment to Earth's".

Well, having glasses is one thing, innertubes still seem out of place in an medieval-setting game.

I'm not surpriseed to see one though; we're talking about a game that uses the adjective "dasai" (odd, rural, inexperienced in urban style) and anime-derived phrases like "hinnyuu" (flat-chested) - both derogatory comments Tiamo got from her fellow knights.