The second batch of DLC

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I compare the leg anatomy to a model I have at school, I don't think the leg is actually as wrong as everyone thinks. At that particular angle the shadow in that area is actually quite prominent and carries into the leg. Of course, even if it is correct, the onus is on the artist to make everyone else to perceive the anatomy as feeling accurate, so the shading could have been reduced and blend better along the pelvis.

But those feet are still just sad.

The leg has nothing wrong with it. All I can fathom people complaining about with good reason is her very noticeable pair of knickers, not that I have much of a problem with it since that is, after all, part of the Falcoknight's design. I think it's a good piece of artwork overall.

And no, that's not because I'm a pervert.

(Haha, that ^ originally said "that's because I'm a pervert" by accident :P)

Edited by Murdok Dracul

I'm a pervert myself but I still have to question the design direction.

Est had the underboobs, Catria the open cleavage and Paola got the panty shot. With these outfits I simply can't take them seriously as participants in a war where people actually die for real.

Of course anatomical issues and those poses that lack any expression whatsoever just make it even worse.

Edited by BrightBow

I'm a pervert myself but I still have to question the design direction.

Est had the underboobs, Catria the open cleavage and Paola got the panty shot. With these outfits I simply can't take them seriously as participants in a war where people actually die for real.

Of course anatomical issues and those poses that lack any expression whatsoever just make it even worse.

well then your not going to take any peg knight dark peg or falcon knight in the game seriously, because as someone said before thats the default design of those classes. don't blame the artist just cuz thats what they were given to work with. that aside the only design i dislike is est, cuz to me her boots look like they just don't fit... leather shouldn't rumple like that. (plus thats not really underboob, she is stretching)

Edited by Dark Nocturne

well then your not going to take any peg knight dark peg or falcon knight in the game seriously, because as someone said before thats the default design of those classes. don't blame the artist just cuz thats what they were given to work with. that aside the only design i dislike is est, cuz to me her boots look like they just don't fit... leather should rumple like that. (plus thats not really underboob, she is stretching)

I do not blame the artist. Hence why I specified "design direction". I'm aware that you have to work along the guidelines your employer gives you. Considering how similar Catria's wallpaper, Tiamo's artwork and Est's artwork looked, I would bet they don't even get to decide the poses.

Point is: I just don't like the results at all. One of the things I loved about the series, was how the character designs were so much more reasonable then pretty much anything else in fantasy settings.

Just think of Warcraft III were the female gender was represented by a mage in her underwear and a cape, a high elf hero in her underwear and a cape and a whole elf race of females in their underwear and capes. One of them, the Nightelf archer had a huge model on the screen when you select the Nightelf campaign. And there was the sorceress, a high mage with tons of cleavage and the female villager, also with tons of cleave.

Fire Emblem used to look really reasonable by comparison but now it seems the series is determined to get right into line with all the other standard (a.k.a. crap) fantasy art which kinda depresses me. And given the game's success so far, it's going to stay that way.

That being said, I do admit saying underboob was pushing it. In fact Est's is actually the only artwork of a female in the whole game and DLC I actually like somewhat. It's her standard design with appreciated clues from the FE5 Pegasus Knights. Her pose looks somewhat reasonable and while "smile towards the fourth wall" isn't exactly my favorite pose, it's definitely better then the dull surprise her sisters share.

I do not blame the artist. Hence why I specified "design direction". I'm aware that you have to work along the guidelines your employer gives you. Considering how similar Catria's wallpaper, Tiamo's artwork and Est's artwork looked, I would bet they don't even get to decide the poses.

Point is: I just don't like the results at all. One of the things I loved about the series, was how the character designs were so much more reasonable then pretty much anything else in fantasy settings.

Just think of Warcraft III were the female gender was represented by a mage in her underwear and a cape, a high elf hero in her underwear and a cape and a whole elf race of females in their underwear and capes. One of them, the Nightelf archer had a huge model on the screen when you select the Nightelf campaign. And there was the sorceress, a high mage with tons of cleavage and the female villager, also with tons of cleave.

Fire Emblem used to look really reasonable by comparison but now it seems the series is determined to get right into line with all the other standard (a.k.a. crap) fantasy art which kinda depresses me. And given the game's success so far, it's going to stay that way.

That being said, I do admit saying underboob was pushing it. In fact Est's is actually the only artwork of a female in the whole game and DLC I actually like somewhat. It's her standard design with appreciated clues from the FE5 Pegasus Knights. Her pose looks somewhat reasonable and while "smile towards the fourth wall" isn't exactly my favorite pose, it's definitely better then the dull surprise her sisters share.

fair enough, tho i think you are going just a bit overboard with the idea. yea ill admit this game is alot more fanservicy than other games but alot of fire emblems had it, mostly in the female swordmasters and female mages. lots of flowy dresses with slits up the side that just plain wouldnt make sense in real war. iv always wondered why mages in games dont wear armor at all? i mean they could and usually mages are not speadsters in games so there is really no proper excuse as to why they can't. my favorite mage design is in dragon age 2 where your sister has a mage outfit made of chainmail, and i though awsome they changed basic magewear in this game.(sadly i was dissapointed) i do however dislike the female dark mage design. its just silly. but i like the female sorcerer look. idk its a mixed bag for me, tbh i liked the mage looks in thracia 776 the best out of any mage looks

Could somebody please explain what is so bad about the small feet thing?

It's that it doesn't look totally realistic (not that it's meant to), though I know quite a few ladies with unfathomably tiny feet, and Palla(not Paola, everyone, come on, I thought we were writing in English here so can't we use the official English translation?)'s wearing very high heels which if taken into consideration might make one realise that it's really not that bad, so I don't know what everyone's bothered about.

Furthermore, the only reason the feet have been made so small is likely that the in-game models barely even have feet, so we should all have expected this.

[/forcefully positive outlook mode]

It's that it doesn't look totally realistic (not that it's meant to), though I know quite a few ladies with unfathomably tiny feet, and Palla(not Paola, everyone, come on, I thought we were writing in English here so can't we use the official English translation?)'s wearing very high heels which if taken into consideration might make one realise that it's really not that bad, so I don't know what everyone's bothered about.

Furthermore, the only reason the feet have been made so small is likely that the in-game models barely even have feet, so we should all have expected this.

[/forcefully positive outlook mode]

Her feet aren't unrealistic. Wearing boots like that, her feet would look absolutely TINY assuming she wears between a size 5-7. Look at the heel, it's at least 4inches. Stand on the balls of your feet and arch your foot. Heels are partially designed to make your feet look smaller and your legs longer. Those boots would be uncomfortable as hell and I have no idea how she could stand to even WEAR them in combat. I guess at least she's riding a pegasus? But she does not suffer from the same fate as Lyn to have super teeny feet.

tl;dr: Try wearing women's shoes, you'd be surprised.

Edit: Talking about women's shoes and my gender shows male, rofl.

Edited by Twiilere

Her feet aren't unrealistic. Wearing boots like that, her feet would look absolutely TINY assuming she wears between a size 5-7. Look at the heel, it's at least 4inches. Stand on the balls of your feet and arch your foot. Heels are partially designed to make your feet look smaller and your legs longer. Those boots would be uncomfortable as hell and I have no idea how she could stand to even WEAR them in combat. I guess at least she's riding a pegasus? But she does not suffer from the same fate as Lyn to have super teeny feet.

tl;dr: Try wearing women's shoes, you'd be surprised.

Edit: Talking about women's shoes and my gender shows male, rofl.

My mistake; I can't pretend to know much about wearing women's shoes. tongue.gif

It's probably to make up for the Akaenia games getting shafted in the original set.

Barensia had 1 game and 2 reps

Jugdral had 2 games and 2 reps (or 3 with Eltshan)

Elibe had 2 games and 2 reps

Magvel had 1 game and 2 reps

Tellius had 2 games and 3 reps

So every other region got at least 1 rep per game. Meanwhile, Akaenia is home to 2 original games, 2 remakes, and the BS FEs (lol), and all it got was Marth. The pegasus sisters brought Akaenia up to 2/4 games and 4 reps, which is on par with the rest of the regions.

I really, really hope there are more DLC characters after Minerva, or whoever it is who's coming next.

Just thought I'd let that be known. I also wanted to try out this tiny font size.

By more DLC characters I mean Joshua.

Edited by Murdok Dracul