The second batch of DLC

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, the more I look at it, the more this just cries fanservice. The top half looks good but the revealed legs, I don't get either.

Cool skillset for Palla. I expected that if Minerva is the final one, she'd have Axe Expert and Counter, but now that Palla got the 2nd, she probably won't have both. So far it's Lightning Speed, extra skill, 2 of a type (Growing/Expert/Cry) and a 'sword' skill, thus hard to tell even if Vengeance is fitting. I don't get why Minerva would be the exception to the 'DLC redesign before spotpass' pattern even if she's slightly plot important... but she might be the actual final DLC returning character, or final of the 2nd batch until they come up with a 3rd one to squeeze our wallets.

Edited by Silent Mercenary

逃げる敵を追いかける! [After the retreating enemy!]

She obviously wants to catch up to them and show them her legs and horribly outlined crotch frontal part of the leg as Lumi pointed out with her screenshot.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yeah, the series was definitely lacking in terms of panty shots... *sigh*

I think I'm going to play a more dignified game. Maybe Dead or Alive or something.

Just gonna ignore the bottom half of that picture, thanks.

Paola's panty shot is too much for some people.

Lyn's didn't really annoy me since the art style looks cartoonish enough that it's not as bad. Here it's combined with the godawful legs and looks more like the artist just didn't know how to draw them very well.

It looks like either a last minute edit to show off her panty or the artist just didn't know how to draw legs right while showing off the fanservice.

Does IS specifically ask the artists to draw the female re-designs like this? Lyn's legs I can understand if the artist looked at the sprite and wanted to represent how she has small legs. Here it's just dislocated body structures to supplement fanservice.

Well, the falcoknight design isn't the fault of this artist. It just happens to be what the default falcoknight design is, which is why Elincia's DLC art also has the weird exposed legs and "waterwings". As for the legs, I think the mysterious shading is a strongly defined hip bone, seeing where it's positions relative to the panty shot this artist has chosen to include. However, the shading of it really shouldn't connect to the leg like that, and the line defining the leg should keep going further. But there is a bone there and on some women it does jut out and give the pelvis a boxy appearance. A lot of western comic books shade their women in exactly the same way to indicate a muscular core, regardless of whether or not it works. However, the feet look like a serious afterthought scribbled in. They don't really even match up with the rest of the leg on both sides. It's very flat.

I'm wondering if the small feet is probably the whole eastern small feet=beauty sort of thing, as opposed to an afterthought.

I'm not sure about the leg though. She's standing in a pretty ridiculous pose but the leg doesn't look wrong.

I'm wondering if the small feet is probably the whole eastern small feet=beauty sort of thing, as opposed to an afterthought.

I'm not sure about the leg though. She's standing in a pretty ridiculous pose but the leg doesn't look wrong.

I thought that small feet thing was only in China, and that it had been outlawed a long time ago anyway. xP

I could be wrong though.