Etrian Odyssey Mafia - Game Over

Grace

well i already gave away everything so

i'm the alchemist. apparently the only kind of mage usable in EO3 (?); my high damage early on falls away

granny - i can cast inferno to kill anyone who visits me that night, but i burn down my house in the process; i can't be doctored after my first charge

safeguard - i cast freeze around USER which creates ice that protects them from night actions, though killers just break through the ice

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm the alchemist. apparently the only kind of mage usable in EO3 (?); my high damage early on falls away

Huh. I have this flavor, actually.

Only thing I can think of is:

(1) We're actually the same class and for some reason have 1 similar ability, Manix is messing with us.

(2) One of us is a scum!aligned Alchemist (I don't know EO flavor, but not sure who the enemies are supposed to be, really)

(3) Scum Rolecop exists, somehow I got scanned?

I'm confused, now.

Hmm. :/

So basically, we have two people claiming the same character class with similar abilities...

There are only 9 EO classes as far as I know, so I guess there could be repeats, but the fact that we have 1 ability that's the same is really confusing.

Well, I wanted time to see how a certain user would vote, but that wound up not telling me as much as I had hoped so forget about that.

Helios hasn't gotten any better so I'll go ahead and ##Vote: Helios

Not sure what to make of the role duplicates. That whole situation pretty much gave me town reads for everyone involved but I doubt all of Cam, Shinori, Iris are town. Aere's mention that his role pm mentions there is a better role makes me feel like he isn't hiding anything.

Alright. So with that we have Helios at L-2 and Cam at L-3 I believe. We also have 28 hours left in the phase. I'd like it if we could consolidate on a lynch before phase end so that we don't have chaos going on at phase end again. I'd currently would prefer a Helios lynch to a Cam lynch. I feel like he probably should have been lynched yesterday, and would like to have some time to figure out all this role stuff. Honestly the fact that Helios appears to have given up is making me even more suspicious of him than before. What do other people think? (aka I'd like to hear from people who aren't around and just in general get more activity going here :/ )

Only problem is, I'm pretty sure one of my abilities is safeguard, Cam.

##Vote: Cam

Why is Cam not being lynched after this

if he flips town Iris and Shinori are basically confirmed scum

it's win/win

Unless, like Aere theorized, there are duplicate roles. Aere's role apparently indicates that there's someone who's better than him at what he does. I'm not saying I'm opposed to lynching Cam, I"m just saying that Cam fliping town does not guarantee them as scum. Honestly it'd be a pretty stupid move on their part if you think about it.

Which is why I'm voting Cam.

Also there's a difference between "does the same thing as you but better" and "same role"

Cop is just better than Tracker except in cases of Tailor/Godfather/etc. (ie roles specifically designed to counter it) but having a Cop+Tracker is more reasonable than having 2 Trackers

On Iris' case, she can only safeguard once. On Cam's case, he can safeguard whenever he wants and he dies with whoever targets him.

I don't see how they are identical, Paper.

On Iris' case, she can only safeguard once. On Cam's case, he can safeguard whenever he wants and he dies with whoever targets him.

I don't see how they are identical, Paper.

they're both safeguards

Rapier: I'm assuming that if you had info on any of the people being suspected you would share? I'm not asking you to share if you used an inspect or anything like that, I'm just verifying you don't have a clear on someone we're trying to lynch. I'm assuming you would have told us this, but I also figure you might have just not told us because it slipped your mind, so I figured I'd check.

they're both safeguards

Iris has another ability as well. Her safeguarding is one-shot, while Cam's can be done infinitely until he's targetted, which is when he booms.

Usually roles aren't shared by players (I mean, like two Town Cops, or two Town Safeguards), but being this a RPG with only a few classes (that are used as roles), I don't see why there couldn't be two roles with slightly different abilities (such as two Alchemists, like Iris and Cam).

@scorri

I can't clear anyone, sorry. But I suspect Helios, Core, you (although I'm mixing my reads from Theatre with those of EO, so I'm confused right now), and the whole Shinori-Cam-Iris thing has also caught my attention. I don't find any of them really scummy but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Cam.

I'm fine with either a Helios or a Core lynch.

Ehh, since Helius is having some problems with activity and he has yet to post, I'll switch to Core.

Unvote

##Vote: Core

Because at least Helius has some justification to do.