Etrian Odyssey Mafia - Game Over

Grace

Either way that is not a reason to say he looks scummy just because he missed a single vote.

I have no idea where you're getting he missed a vote. Post in question I didn't like:

##Vote: Iris

What was that Cam vote? I think that was the third one on him...

Though I may have missed something.

This is not a very good reason for voting someone. That I was more concerned with. The fact that he said Iris's vote was the third on Cam was also incorrect, and thus I thought his reasoning for voting Iris was not only very good, but also contrived. I called him out on this post. There is no point where he misses a vote, and I don't call him out on it because it doesn't exist.

If you're going to consider me suspicious for a post, you should probably read the post in question instead of making things up. I called Aere out on that in the post you didn't like, I'm calling you out on it now.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two more things while I'm here:

1) You're getting mid-dayphase flavor when I once I write it

2) I will start putting ISO links on people into the OP

<list post stating obvious facts>

I don't like this, because you aren't contributing with this but you avoid the flak that comes with not contributing. Or at least that could be a motive.

Helios' other posts are ehh, not enough to make me suspicious when they stand alone. I wouldn't oppose a Helios lynch but I'm not going to pursue it.

-------------------------------------

In Elieson, I see a lot of tunneling on inactives. I've never liked this...If I'm not here, I'm not here, and I'd assume the same goes for Helios(I hope). I take it as an easy way out. Exceptions exist of course, but in this case, I don't like it.

wimpy spineless sheeping and crap for opinions

Of course my posts were wimpy. Those were general assessments made in 5 minutes before work and 15 minutes after work before I went out again. You're grasping with this accusation.

What about the rest of the game? You made a post covering that...and it looks like you did what you're suspicious of Helios for doing.

I don't care that Elieson is voting for me, I'm suspicious.

I don't like Iris' vote on Helios. I think it is opportunistic and the reasoning is poor. She says that Helios' posts are full of air. The two posts during RVS are excusable, so that just leaves the list post which I will agree with, but it's one post.

I'm not sure how relevant this is, but Rapier is being more coherent than I remember him being as mafia in the past.

##Vote: Elieson because it's the best I've got right now.

I don't like this, because you aren't contributing with this but you avoid the flak that comes with not contributing. Or at least that could be a motive.

Technically not true since Helios is the biggest wagon for posting bullshit fluff lists...

I'm not sure how relevant this is, but Rapier is being more coherent than I remember him being as mafia in the past.

People say this every game and he always turns up mafia (well maybe not *every* game but this happened in MoMM and Xenoblade). I don't get a scummy impression from Rapier yet but srsly

Also I don't like that Core and Helios both felt the need to point out that Elieson is suspicious of them and assure us it's not an OMGUS (although Core did it in a more subtle way).

Rein needs to respond to things other than accusations directed at him

@Scorri: Why am i scum?

Also ##Unvote:

##Vote: Helios

For reasons eclipse said as well as the fact you literally gave a list of people and said they were mostly all town. =| Who is scum?

You can call that echoing if you will helios, I even said that it was for reasons eclipse had stated but I asked you my own question and added my own thoughts to it. I still think you are scum at the moment. And your most recent post doesn't help that much.

@Paperblade: Thoughts on eclipse and Iris if you will. Also who is your top scum read after the person you are currently voting for?

Rein is my top scum read after Helios which you could probably guess from "Rein needs to respond to things other than accusations directed at him"

gonna reread isos

I don't like how Iris called Cam's attitude "anti-town, or rather unhelpful" and then in the next post said she was just RVSing. However she made a good point about Helios switching up his opinion on Shinori.

I disagree with eclipse, if Cam has a role that is potentially detrimental to the town and keeping it secret from the mafia isn't very helpful either such as Miller or PGO he *should* claim it. I also think it's kind of odd that she is being fluffy while voting Helios for the same thing.

Yeah, the Cam stuff. Feels like you're trying to contribute without really doing so.

I don't quite agree with this, since I kind of get that impression from a lot of people and I think it's more that it's only been like a day and people are struggling to get out of RVS. Like I read through like 4-5 ISOs and are like "man I don't feel USER has many opinions"

Shinori, what is your opinion on the Helios wagon?

Technically not true since Helios is the biggest wagon for posting bullshit fluff lists...

People say this every game and he always turns up mafia (well maybe not *every* game but this happened in MoMM and Xenoblade). I don't get a scummy impression from Rapier yet but srsly

Helios wouldn't have been able to predict that, though.

I was mafia with Rapier during Xenoblade and I thought he was more incoherent than here, so that's where I'm coming from.

Well, the way you worded it I read it as "You're doing this because it avoids flak" Do you mean "You did this because you thought you would avoid flak?" Since if it's the latter I agree (because lists)

I didn't really find Rapier incoherent in Xenoblade, maybe lazy once people started finding him town but...

Well, the way you worded it I read it as "You're doing this because it avoids flak" Do you mean "You did this because you thought you would avoid flak?" Since if it's the latter I agree (because lists)

I didn't really find Rapier incoherent in Xenoblade, maybe lazy once people started finding him town but...

I meant the latter but didn't quite word it properly, sorry.

I did not at any point vote Aere. Don't pull things out of nowhere.

Yes, but you should have! If you think I'm scummy (which you said you did), vote me. I brought this up before, why did you not vote me?

I'm a bit uneasy with the Helios wagon right now. It's not that I don't understand it, I'm just not sure if I agree with it. I do agree that his list post was horrible, and gave off absolutely nothing. I feel the same way about him as I do Cam; they are assuming they have enough to just pass by, and that's a really inept attitude.

I don't really like Core's thoughts on Rein. A bit hypocritical, as he himself hasn't given off much.

I think helios is scummy, which is why I'm voting him, but specifially talking about people on the wagon, I don't really see eclipse as bringing up so much suspicion on her scum buddy already in the game. I still feel weird about Iris but that's partially due to our early argument.

I specifically don't get this:

Also, I think Shinori's doing that thing that I did once, where you tunnel someone and they may or may not be scum, as I learned the hard way. :/ And honestly, I actually forgot a few people were playing (prolly since they haven't posted in the half I read, but yeah).

And I would like some sort of verification on who I'm tunneling, if she is talking about helios I haven't been tunneling him, I just voted him with a small post. And if she is talking about helios and if helios flips town I feel we should lynch her because this makes it sound like she knows he will flip town.

As discussions continued, Quinn and Tiara started talking amongst themselves.

“My god, these people take for-ever to decide on things! I’m going to go to the Labyrinth for some target practice.” Tiara said. She cocked her gun, ready to fire.

“Hmm.” Quinn mused. “Just don’t take too long, okay? I have to attend to other stuff myself at two o’clock, and we can’t leave these people alone.”

“Yeah yeah. I should be back in about an hour.” Tiara replied.

Tiara walked toward the Labyrinth. The long winding path that she had walked many, many times was as unchanged as ever. As she enters, the green, green woodlands lay before her eyes, as always. It’s always so calming here… until you start getting mauled by Treerats and Woodflies. Let’s not even consider the Moles and Clawbugs, ugh.

However, as Tiara is an experienced adventurer, all of these monsters aren’t actually too dangerous to her. Inexperienced guilds generally find themselves struggling even here, at the start of the Labyrinth. It doesn’t get any easier as you keep exploring, not at all. Tiara knew this from experience when adventuring with Guild Trite. Those were good days…

After some time of shooting bullets into unsuspecting Treerats, Tiara decides it is time to return to the town meeting.

Random mid dayphase flavor because why not.

I assume you mean Elieson?

Rein's case against Cam is okay, but I honestly don't agree. Cam always seems lazy, just this time its coupled with a very clumsy claim.
Rein's assessment of Cam seems shallow. I don't see how this makes him more likely to be mafia. Unless you just meant that he is awful in general, which I sort of agree with.

Nah.

I need to stop losing my posts.

Yes, but you should have! If you think I'm scummy (which you said you did), vote me. I brought this up before, why did you not vote me?

There wasn't really ever a point in the game where I thought you were the scummiest player. Even when I made my first two substantial posts, I thought Cam was worse, and the only reason I wasn't voting or going into depth about him was because I didn't want to mix real life feelings with the game.

I'm feeling the Helios wagon more and more after an ISO. Post 82 is kind of terrible. Lists posts are really useless, especially when you say pretty much everyone seems town. I am also not a fan of post 103 because it's super defensive and seems like he's just trying to casually shift blame and his last line in particular seems pretty bad. Personally, I still think Cam is kind of worse, so my vote stays, but this would IMO be the next best lynch. Also strange in an ISO, though not to quite the same extent, is Delirium. I don't really like that he mentions "it's not because he's voting me" in post 128 even though it's a bit more subtle than Helios's obvious one, but it rings as really awkward. Both of the people on the Elieson 'wagon' feel kind of contrived, but as has been said already Helios is much worse about it.

That's sort of the most major things striking me for now, I think. I'll look into trying to glean more from some ISOs.

note to self: don't play mafia at 2 AM

also ~5 pages ;/

my timezone is currently incredibly screwy (think JB-level screwy) and will remain so through tomorrow (i'm on a plane for like all of tomorrow anyway just fyi) so gimme a bit to catch up

bear with me i'm just going to go through one by one and respond to things that need responding

Okay, first thing's first after being an idiot wrt worrying about outside feelings affecting gameplay, let's look at some choice posts here. Specifically, Cam.

tunnel harder

This is the eighteenth post of the thread, folks. There were a grand total of five posts not made by Manix before his vote, which was the thirteenth post. All he has to say about it is he doesn't care? This doesn't fly with me at any point in the game. You signed up- it isn't hard to pay attention especially so early.

remind me what is so bad about being the second person to vote [player] on RVS

it's not going to get anywhere near getting person X lynched

i really don't care about RVS votes tbh since they tell basically nothing

Wow, I am just blown away by the sincerity here. You're really selling it to everyone. I think it's worth noting that this was an astonishing less than three hours after the above post, too.

instead of just ISO'ing me you could read the post shortly before i made that one and realize i was making a joke

in other news i care

Why did you claim this then and take so long to just claim a PGO type thing? I feel like you were deliberating on purpose.

Why the fuck would you out this. You had absolutely no reason to at this point.

this is basically the only thing i see in this post that makes sense

I just don't see lazy town when I read Cam's posts. The incredibly combination of outright bad claiming, his number one excuse for just about everything is not caring, and just the complete lack of effort in about any post makes me feel like he's just scum trying to cruise through as this being bad play.

so are you trying to say that i'm scum deliberately playing poorly?

my number one excuse for anything that goes on during RVS is not caring kthx

there's literally nothing for me to care about at that stage

this all being set aside i'm reading rein as town for now

---

I hounded Cam, then backed off when he claimed. I'm not jumping on the Cam is Town wagon, because it doesn't exist. Instead I went after another group of players. I'm not creating my own opinions? I pursued Cam due to a simple "i want to protectown from what looks like antitown/scum". I pushed, and look whatt came up. A PGO claim. My opinion on cam has been pretty apparent since his softclaim.

i really really hate myself for giving in this easily because now i feel like elieson is possible scum rolefishing

---

ok can't see anything else that hasn't already been addressed

i have bad feelings about scorri (feels like she's trying to contribute without actually contributing [and i'm like 80% sure this has been said before]) and helios (see everybody else for a good idea of my feelings)

god i suck at this game

##vote scorri

Wheeee~ Hi cam. Yeah, I haven't been super active so far. I admit that. It's unfortunate really, but I was busy trying to defend myself from getting killed in another game (failed, but ah well what can you do), and then it was FAMILY TIME!!!! and I can't skip family time. So whatever posts I've made have been made with only about 50% of my attention, except for my vote on Shinori. Oh, and also all those posts about how people shouldn't rolehint/roledrop early on unless their role is hurtful to town. Those ones were serious too.

No, actually, I said I thought you were slightly scummy, you asked why, I said wasn't sure, then went back reread and voted with my reasoning. So...

##Vote:Shinori

Ok yeah. Your posts seem off to me, like you're trying to fit in and seem like you're doing stuff without committing to anything. Also, I don't like the bit where you told people to not interact with you at night, especially since we have a granny claim.

Yes the order there is important, because I didn't vote without reasons. I said I thought you were scummy mostly due to vibes, then went back and figured out what felt off, and then put down my vote with those reasons. As opposed to what you said which made it seem like I voted for you with no reasons.