First Hard Mode Run.

I am doing my first hard mode run. I am currently on Part one End Game. My main 3 Units are Edward, Jill, and Nolan.

All 3 are early lvl teir 2 i don't know their stats of by hand i can post them later. My question is will i be ok going into part 3. I know lots of people say Edward is to hard to train in hard mode but i haven't run into any problems yet.

Edited by Wulfgar85

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you managed to keep Edward up to this point, he's pretty set for the rest of the game.

Give Beastfoe to Nolan and slap on a crossbow so he can rape the laguz in 3-6. Trade paragon around, etc.. The strategies doesn't really change in Hard Mode, it's just a matter of making your moves count.

Also, I never used Laura outside my first playthrough. Micaiah's always been my healer.

So My game is going pretty well but i am having trouble with 3-6. i don't want to use the back knight to kill the Laguz. Can anyone offer some advice. Like a siad my 3 main are Edward who sits at lvl 3 his stats are about avg, Nolan whos lvl 5 and Jill at lvl 4. all tier 2. I will also be using Sothe and Zirark in this chapter just to help out. I have already restarted about 4 times.

No Volug? have him eat some grass and he can plug up a hole for a bit. He outshines Zihard in every aspect.

Also. Don't be stingy and just use the Burger King when he spawns. Not that it should matter much with Jill flying around owning everything.

Edit: If you haven't checked. The shop offers 1 beastslayer dagger and a physic staff (usable by Micaiah on default). Micaiah is better off as staffbot anyways from this point onwards.

Edited by Silith

So My game is going pretty well but i am having trouble with 3-6. i don't want to use the back knight to kill the Laguz. Can anyone offer some advice. Like a siad my 3 main are Edward who sits at lvl 3 his stats are about avg, Nolan whos lvl 5 and Jill at lvl 4. all tier 2. I will also be using Sothe and Zirark in this chapter just to help out. I have already restarted about 4 times.

Do you have Beastfoe?

I'm doubting Volug has S strike at this point, so unless you have Beastfoe he's not going to be a monster in combat, but he still makes a good support partner, and getting S Strike for 3-12 is still good for him.

Sothe and Zihark are still good to use even if they're at base level. Zihark with the Brave Sword kills just fine. Edward can work just fine with Caladbolg.

Also, you can use Leonardo with Lugh-wtf if you're doing this map defensively. His ranged damage drains the laguz gauge and his damage is actually pretty high against untransformed ones.

Lastly, I recommend using BK. He makes finishing the map a lot easier, and there's plenty of CEXP waiting for you in the next two DB chapters anyway.

Since yer Hard Moding it up, i would actually use a Royal or two. I would also bring Haar and/or Jill to endgame. If it were me, i would pick Naesala and Nailah for endgame because they are my favorite royals. Tibarn whomps too though. Its all up to you. Having a Royal or two around might make things a little more smooth.

Since yer Hard Moding it up, i would actually use a Royal or two. I would also bring Haar and/or Jill to endgame. If it were me, i would pick Naesala and Nailah for endgame because they are my favorite royals. Tibarn whomps too though. Its all up to you. Having a Royal or two around might make things a little more smooth.

in that case i think i will save 2 files one with a team with no royals, and one with 2 royals. That way if i can't win without out them i will switch.

Just make sure you can kill Dheginsea, preferably in a single turn. I recommend Skrimir, a Reaver, and Ike with a blessed Wyrmslayer for the task. You can get additional single-turn damage from a Marksman and any units with canto (that can damage Dheginsea). Other than Dheginsea, 4-E should be smooth sailing, royals or no.

idk about hard mode but i got kurthnaga to level 40 on normal mode, and had him attack the king repeatedly, One hard mode does the king attack kurthnaga? *Sorry off topic*

He does not, but getting Kurth to level 40 is incredibly slow.

I remember on my first playthrough, I was actually really inadequate to defeating Dhegensia, and I ended up slowly chipping away his health with Ike, combined with Blood Tide, Night Tide, and Reyson.

Just got past the brigde lvl. I hate that level so much. Even beating it Mia die when a general with 30% hit rate drop her and haar got killed by a light mage. I going on with out them but i made a new save file. Don't care about Haar so much but i was going to bring Mia to end game but i don't want to replay that lvl any more.

Edited by Wulfgar85

Just got past the brigde lvl. I hate that level so much. Even beating it Mia die when a general with 30% hit rate drop her and haar got killed by a light mage. I going on with out them but i made a new save file. Don't care about Haar so much but i was going to bring Mia to end game but i don't want to replay that lvl any more.

Uh, Haar is one of the best units for this one.

He can, like

Ferry Ike while taking minimal damage(If he takes any, there's always the broken fe10 vulneraries...)

ANd, HAar is pretty damned good for endgame, along with all mounts(Bar HM Fiona/Astrid, and Maybe Kieran/Sigrun for their growth problems).

ANd, HAar is pretty damned good for endgame, along with all mounts(Bar HM Fiona/Astrid, and Maybe Kieran/Sigrun for their growth problems).

Bolded: I disagree. This isn't FE9 where the rainbow paladins are high/top tier.

The only Paladin worth bringing is Titania, since she has the highest STR out of all of them. Marcia's STR growth is really whacky, and Tanith/Sigrun aren't any better. Their only saving grace is Triangle Attack shenanigans.

Your best Endgame mount is, undoubtedly, Jill. Once trained, her SPD (the most important stat in the game) surpasses Haar, which allows her to double with Urvan, though she also works just fine with a forged Silver Axe.

After that, it depends on who has the highest speed and the highest strength. Since the OP said he wants to try without royals, losing both Mia and Haar are actually significant losses, especially Mia.

Bolded: I disagree. This isn't FE9 where the rainbow paladins are high/top tier.

The only Paladin worth bringing is Titania, since she has the highest STR out of all of them. Marcia's STR growth is really whacky, and Tanith/Sigrun aren't any better. Their only saving grace is Triangle Attack shenanigans.

Your best Endgame mount is, undoubtedly, Jill. Once trained, her SPD (the most important stat in the game) surpasses Haar, which allows her to double with Urvan, though she also works just fine with a forged Silver Axe.

After that, it depends on who has the highest speed and the highest strength. Since the OP said he wants to try without royals, losing both Mia and Haar are actually significant losses, especially Mia.

-Hammers, Braves, Wyrmslayers, and the fact that canto exists?

Hammers would clear the towers first floor, and for the second one they could help bumrush Levail..

Wyrmslayer is useful in Dhegs floor and mounts are great for chasing Sephiran.

-And as for Ashera, you can lay a heavy blow then canto, it's not that hard.

-And come on, triangle attack?

Tanith/Marcia are probobly among the best of the late p3 joiners to sink resources and exp into.

-Mia is good in HM, due to better offense at base.

That's all.

Haar is pretty godly and is basically a flying fortress.

Renning is the best non-royal filler that arrives right before the tower, and he's

*gasp*

Mounted with good weapon ranks and access to Hammers and Wyrmslayers.

And since the op has had trouble with Dhegs chapter, Wyrmslayers do make it easier-and ending it faster with a wyrmslayer wielding, high move unit means you don't have to deal with it longer.

Edited by The Gentleman

I have to disagree with some of you guys in regards to Kieran. It's actually really easy to train him up to a similar level to Ike's team when he joins Ike in HM. I just give him Geoffrye's Paragon in 3-9 and let him solo as much of the chapter as possible (blockade around the SE houses with Kieran, Geoffrey and Calill, Kieran proceeds to solo the rest of the map and 'boss hound' the boss). If you use him enough in 2-3 too, then it isn't that difficult to get him somewhere between level 15 and 18.

I've always thought Kieran > Titania on Hard mode because Titania's significantly more fragile (Kieran is superior in HP and Defence) and can't handle 4-4 (too fragile to blockade on the lowest level, but I've found that the best strategy in HM is to blockade in the northwest treasure room, which you need to climb ledges to get to early in the chapter). The only problem is Kieran's Speed caps at 33 so he can't double the Spirits in 4-E.

Really though, Kieran is pretty much Haar minus flying ability. I'd only recommend Kieran if you want more mounted units in 4-E (Jill and Haar are usually enough). But overall I've found Kieran to be the most reliable Paladin.

-------

I've never liked using Edward in Hard mode. I like to get Nolan and Jill to around level 5 second tier by the end of Part 1, which can't realistically happen if training Edward too, as well as Micaiah (obviously). Since Nolan and Jill are both better than Edward and Micaiah is a Lord character, in addition to Edward being more fragile than Nolan and Jill, he's the one to be dumped. Plus, you get Mia later in the game anyway and it's not worth using both. I found Edward too fragile for 1-4 and 3-6 anyway...died too easily.

-Hammers, Braves, Wyrmslayers, and the fact that canto exists?

Hammers would clear the towers first floor, and for the second one they could help bumrush Levail..

Wyrmslayer is useful in Dhegs floor and mounts are great for chasing Sephiran

-And as for Ashera, you can lay a heavy blow then canto, it's not that hard.

These are all points that work in their favor, which is why I said Titania and Jill are among the best to bring. Haar is as well, but he undoubtedly has speed problems due to caps, though his STR is so absurdly high that he should be good enough with a brave weapon.

-And come on, triangle attack?

Tanith/Marcia are probobly among the best of the late p3 joiners to sink resources and exp into.

Exaggeration. Marcia can be a good endgame unit if she doesn't get STR screwed. Dumping BEXP on her only makes those chances for that worse, since the higher growth rates (everything except MAG) gets first dibs on the RNG. Dumping Energy Drops on her in that case will not help her. Tanith might be worth it.

-Mia is good in HM, due to better offense at base.

That's all.

Haar is pretty godly and is basically a flying fortress.

You're underestimating Mia's performance. She's a great unit throughout the game, and is one of the few beorc units that doesn't need White Tide to double Auras. She can use a Brave Sword + Her own A support (+2 Atk) to deal 56 damage total. Using Blood Tide makes it 76 damage. 2x Blood Tide is a ORKO.

And before you mention it: Parity.

Renning is the best non-royal filler that arrives right before the tower, and he's

*gasp*

Mounted with good weapon ranks and access to Hammers and Wyrmslayers.

I'll give you that he has good weapon ranks, but he has no supports, is not a "flying fortress", and has as much doubling issues as Haar, if not slightly worse, and he doesn't have the STR to make up for it.

I should note that Renning is the best non-royal filler because he's the only non-royal filler.

I have to disagree with some of you guys in regards to Kieran. It's actually really easy to train him up to a similar level to Ike's team when he joins Ike in HM. I just give him Geoffrye's Paragon in 3-9 and let him solo as much of the chapter as possible (blockade around the SE houses with Kieran, Geoffrey and Calill, Kieran proceeds to solo the rest of the map and 'boss hound' the boss). If you use him enough in 2-3 too, then it isn't that difficult to get him somewhere between level 15 and 18.

I've always thought Kieran > Titania on Hard mode because Titania's significantly more fragile (Kieran is superior in HP and Defence) and can't handle 4-4 (too fragile to blockade on the lowest level, but I've found that the best strategy in HM is to blockade in the northwest treasure room, which you need to climb ledges to get to early in the chapter). The only problem is Kieran's Speed caps at 33 so he can't double the Spirits in 4-E.

Really though, Kieran is pretty much Haar minus flying ability. I'd only recommend Kieran if you want more mounted units in 4-E (Jill and Haar are usually enough). But overall I've found Kieran to be the most reliable Paladin.

-------

I've never liked using Edward in Hard mode. I like to get Nolan and Jill to around level 5 second tier by the end of Part 1, which can't realistically happen if training Edward too, as well as Micaiah (obviously). Since Nolan and Jill are both better than Edward and Micaiah is a Lord character, in addition to Edward being more fragile than Nolan and Jill, he's the one to be dumped. Plus, you get Mia later in the game anyway and it's not worth using both. I found Edward too fragile for 1-4 and 3-6 anyway...died too easily.

If you can train Keiran adequately (not all that hard if you take him to Tibarn's route anyway), I can agree with this. His support is kinda atrocious, but Titania's is probably worse. So yeah, Keiran > Titania if you train him.

As for Edward, his main problem is the EXP cut in HM and the fact he's extremely hard to train since every hit practically leaves him at 1 HP. If you can train him in 1-6 (best opportunity due to the amount of enemies), he can be set for Part 1 Endgame at least.