Looking For Games Like Fire Emblem

Wulfgar85

HINTS:

- Something that Crash would faint at the mention of.

Go ask Bal; he'll probably know what came to mind.

>Sengoku period

>Offends the sensible

>Balcerzak would know

omg is it what i think it is

>Sengoku period

>Offends the sensible

>Balcerzak would know

omg is it what i think it is

Yep, complete with genderbending. I think it's because I use the literal translation of the title in my head.

I really like the fire emblem games can anyone recommend some other good turn base Strategy games. I have a Wii, Pc but can run newer games but older ones are fine, and then i have the Ds and GBA.

Heh, I was wondering why nobody mentioned the most obvious game because I hadn't read the original post yet. Not sure if you want to go the emulation route, but Tear Ring Saga is definitely the game that most fits the topic title. As for other games on those systems, I've got squat. Most of the stuff I know is for the Playstation 2. :(

On the other hand:

super

robot

wars

go play it

now

I definitely agree with this. As long as you don't expect anything resembling difficulty, this is a great suggestion.

OG2 is decently difficult

Advance is even moreso if you're new to the series

if you're willing to emulate/whatever there's also Alpha Gaiden and A Portable which are both more than a little bit stupid at times

OG2 is decently difficult

Advance is even moreso if you're new to the series

if you're willing to emulate/whatever there's also Alpha Gaiden and A Portable which are both more than a little bit stupid at times

I actually thought OG2 was easier than OG1 XD except for getting the battle mastery against

Wotan Dios in the mission where Sanger shows up in a Grungust and Elzam in Trombe...

In Advance, it kinda seems like the Shuffle Alliance is goin' to trivialize the game, but I admit I'm probably only like 10 chapters in.

I actually thought OG2 was easier than OG1 XD except for getting the battle mastery against

Wotan Dios in the mission where Sanger shows up in a Grungust and Elzam in Trombe...

In Advance, it kinda seems like the Shuffle Alliance is goin' to trivialize the game, but I admit I'm probably only like 10 chapters in.

the difficulty curve ramps sharply up after a certain point

the first ~15 chapters are easy

a bit later the difficulty spike goes nuts (then again i haven't played advance regular only a portable)

Also OG2 isn't that hard on normal mode but trying to get all the skill points (battle masteries) on EX hard mode is somewhat stupid

Ogre Battle is great, but much of the series can only be found on inconvenient platforms. At least with a Wii, you can get March of the Black Queen and the 64 game.

It's worth noting that they're not at all like Fire Emblem, but I wanted to give the series a mention because its worth playing anyway.

I never got used to Ogre Battle. The 64 game disappointed me. >:

From what I know, Tactics Ogre is also like FE. There is Hoshigami too, but people complain about it's story and gameplay a bit (the story is FE-esque, kinda).

the first ~15 chapters are easy

a bit later the difficulty spike goes nuts (then again i haven't played advance regular only a portable)

Also OG2 isn't that hard on normal mode but trying to get all the skill points (battle masteries) on EX hard mode is somewhat stupid

Ya, I did hear that A portable was a lot harder. All I know is that in advance, the shuffle alliance all gain a giant attack boost at 120 spirit from super mode. Like, I think they do something like 2-3x what most of my other units do. Also, In J, they were sorta like a super/real mix and some of them didn't fill either role that well, but in A, they seem to be a bit better in those regards.

(Also, Axel in Ashsaber has rather ridiculous base dodge and seems to be unhittable by a large # of enemies without even using spirit commands)

I know I definitely got "within 3" or whatever battle masteries for OG2 on EX hard. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was some battle master(ies) involving getting a kill/HP reduction on a boss who runes/regens, because IIRC EX hard doesn't let you boost weapon power...which is really important for deaing with regen X(

EDIT-Oh...also, the story at least seems rather simplistic, but I might look into Rondo of Swords, for the DS. Basically, the gimmick is that (most) units can simply be passed through, and that in order to perform a melee attack your characters run through enemy units (and enemies through your units). I only started playing it fairly recently, and am not very far in, but it seems like a pretty entertaining game despite being kinda...weird? Unfortunately, the mechanics don't seem to be quite as intuitive and easy to calculate as FE's.

Edited by L1049

The two Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor games are amazing games with similar SRPG gameplay to FE. They also have a conversation system that's similar to the Base Convos in some FE games, albeit here it's used to advance the game.

Also, both games have different characters and plot, but exact same gameplay, so it doesn't matter which you play first. The first game was remade on 3DS (as Devil Survivor Overclocked), while Devil Survivor 2 was released on DS after Overclocked. I highly suggest to play only Devil Survivor 2 if you only have the DS, and wait until you get a 3DS to play Overclocked, as it's superior in every way to the DS original.

In short, this is the game you need:

lpojG.jpg

Edited by Jave

I think Devil Survivor 2 should be played after 1 despite being a better game, or else the difficulty curve might be too much. They are both hard games but 1 is more manageable to start off with. OC is preferable because of some ending extensions but the original game can probably be found dirt cheap.

Yeah, but OP only has a DS, and I definitely recommend playing the 3DS version of DS1 rather than the DS version due to the extra day of gameplay and the inclusion of Easy Mode. I would definitely recommend starting with Overclocked if he owned a 3DS.

DS2 isn't that difficult, though. It's actually rather easy at the start. It's not until the last two days that the difficulty ramps up.