NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

So are the 49ers overrated or the G-Men just that good? They ARE the defending champs after all but i can't say I'm not surprised that the game wasn't closer.

The Niners' dirty secret is that they can't play from behind. Alex Smith is just a game manager and can't lead several scoring drives in a row with his arm. The Giants also play to the competition so against better opponents they tend to step it up and against less than stellar competition, they're liable stink up the joint.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills squeezed out a win and those piece of shit Patriots lost. This makes me happy.

Now the entire AFC East is 3-3.

Also im glad the Packers destroyed the Texans to reveal how over-rated they are. They will finish with 12+ wins but they will get bounced in their 1st play-off game.

That Buffalo/Tennessee game was intense. On fourth and long Hasselback throws the game winning TD. Buffalo blew a HUGE lead and wasted a big day from the offense. Chris Johnson finally looked like the Chris Johnson of old, but I guess that's expected when you play against a horrible defense.

Texans bounced back from their embarrassing loss to Green Bay and routed Baltimore. Ravens don't look the same without Ray Lewis and Webb, Flacco made some bad decisions, Ray Rice had 12 carries or something...not the formula for success.

Houston got 43 points against the RAVENS' defense? They must be damn good. The Steelers have to play the Texans later too, I think. They're in big trouble without Polamalu and Woodley.

I just hope that Mike Tomlin has knocked some sense into his team and that they get back at least SOME of the guys that got hurt against the Titans. Otherwise, they might not stand a chance against the Bengals today, let alone of getting into the playoffs.

Edited by Anacybele

ravens defense without ray lewis*

Doesn't matter. The Steeler defense still played pretty well without Polamalu. It's their offense that's been making most of the mistakes and getting battered. Also, I hear Ed Reed is comparable to Polamalu.

Edited by Anacybele

It's different though. Ray Lewis is the heart and soul of the Ravens defense. Not to mention they're missing Webb, their best cornerback, and Terrell Suggs, who is their other great LB. Ed Reed is also playing with injury. All these players are huge parts of the defense. Losing Lewis is a huge morale killer and it showed, plus you know the Texans wanted this win a lot more than the Ravens did. Also the Texans are the favorites to win the AFC, if that tells you anything.

Oh. Didn't know about those other hurt players.

The Steelers have had several guys out with injuries this season too. Yet some of you said they should have played better anyway.

EDIT: Also, the Jets' field goal kicker could nail a 54 yarder, but Suisham COULDN'T BY A TEENSY BIT? Man... ;_; Suisham needs a little bit stronger kicking leg.

Edited by Anacybele

So... So far, the Steelers aren't looking that bad at all.

But I'm still worried. No Redman, no Mendenhall, no Polamalu, and two other guys are out with injuries too. Sigh...

Originally, I wasn't going to watch this game. But since it's against the Bengals, I changed my mind. It's an important game for Pittsburgh, a game they need to win to still have a chance at winning the AFC North.

Wallace forgot how to catch the ball tonight

Like seriously. I've never seen him miss balls this often. What the hell is going on with him? -_-

But at least Ben can use Miller. Sweet 2 points! Game is tied now. The Steelers are still so banged up though. I just hope they have enough gas in the tank to win in the end. And that Wallace gets his shit together.

Edited by Anacybele

And the severely battered Steelers actually manage to pull out a good win! :D:

I have to hand it to Dwyer though. That guy acted just like Mendenhall. It was also a great strategy to have Wallace play running back since Baron Batch sucks.

Also, I liked how Antonio Brown pulled an Antwaan Randle El by throwing the ball after Ben passed it to him. Randle El used to do exactly that before he retired. If only Rainey had just caught that damn ball. Would've been kickass.

Oh, and the Bengals' coach losing two challenges = lol. XD

Oh, also, seeing BEN of all people punt was kinda funky. He and his guys were trying to force the Bengals to get an offside penalty so they could get better yardage for a field goal, but that failed, so they had no choice but to have Big Ben punt. And that guy actually has a damn good kicking leg. I bet he could've kicked a successful 54 yarder with enough practice. o.o

Oh, and also, Sanders faked an injury. lol, you're not supposed to do that. xP

Still, I kinda don't blame him. He seems to be forgotten about a lot. I forget about him because I hardly ever see him do much. But when he does something, he's good! He needs to be used more.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm going to put this simply. I don't know why the Lions refuse to play good football. There seems to be no reason for it, but it keeps happening - the Lions play bad football.

You can't make epic comebacks in the fourth quarter if you play good football though! i'm trying to hide my disappointment in them right now

Yes, I'm starting to think there's something in the water. Of course it doesn't help we have a pretty poor O-line and Stafford has about 3 seconds to make his decision and get rid of it. If we can get some top talent in next year's draft, giving Stafford more time in the pocket = much better passes i hope