NFL 2012-2013 Season

Anacybele

On the brightside, after that first drive the Lions Defense played outstanding. If it wasn't for that drive, they could have actually won the game technically. On offense, at least Broyles looks good. He'll need to stay good in case Burleson's injury is serious and he'll need to miss a couple games. Pnut Tillman was up in Megatron's grill this game, and I don't think I've ever seen someone defend Megatron this good in single coverage. It's surprising how close the game ended up being despite the atrocious Lions offense/special teams (receiving) was.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantasy football aside, Vikings finally showed their true colors tonight. They're gonna be with the Lions resting at the cellar of the NFC North by the end of the year no worries. Doug Martin went OFF tonight, and Freeman outplayed Ponder. I didn't see the game so I can't comment too much since all this is based off the stats.

Pnut Tillman

Haha, I want to pronounce this guy's first name like the word "peanut." XD

I haven't checked who the Steelers play next. I should check that now... Oh yeah, the Reds. I did know that already lol, I just forgot. But I remembered reading it when I checked to see which of the Steelers' injured guys are coming back. And speaking of which, we should be getting everyone but Polamalu, pretty much. Still, I miss Troy. He's my favorite, man! ;_;

Edited by Anacybele

Haha, I want to pronounce this guy's first name like the word "peanut." XD

Well his first name is actually Chris, but for some reason his nickname is "Peanut" or "Pnut". Don't remember why though. He's been a really good cornerback for a long time though.

Ah, I see. That's kind of an odd nickname lol. But then again, other NFL players had some funny nicknames too. Jerome Bettis is a good one. He's a former Steeler running back, and his nickname was "The Bus" lol

Yes I'm sure most people remember the Bus. He hasn't been out of the league for that long...

I'm starting to think Detroit is the new Dallas, what with all the massive potential and wasting it away and also being in a pretty tough division. Fuck I need to stop talking before I further convince myself! :o:

Ah, I see. That's kind of an odd nickname lol. But then again, other NFL players had some funny nicknames too. Jerome Bettis is a good one. He's a former Steeler running back, and his nickname was "The Bus" lol

The Bus was one of my favorite players back in the day. He was a good guy off the field, and on the field he plowed through everyone like a bus. I wonder if he's made the hall of fame yet.

Yes I'm sure most people remember the Bus. He hasn't been out of the league for that long...

I'm starting to think Detroit is the new Dallas, what with all the massive potential and wasting it away and also being in a pretty tough division. Fuck I need to stop talking before I further convince myself! :o:

I swear Detroit just has one section of their offense or defense playing extremely poorly every week, and it rotates week to week. Whether it's the OLine, QB play, RB play (though that's usually always bad), WR play on offense, or DLIne, LBs, or secondary on defense, something just goes wrong so they'll end up losing. I'm starting to wonder if we just need new coordinators.

Seven years isn't a long time? Bettis's last game was Super Bowl 40.

The Bus was one of my favorite players back in the day. He was a good guy off the field, and on the field he plowed through everyone like a bus. I wonder if he's made the hall of fame yet.

Probably. I'd be surprised if he hasn't.

Probably. I'd be surprised if he hasn't.

I wouldn't be. As awesome as Jerome Bettis was, he is nowhere near HoF caliber. In fact, the HoF has denied greater players (hi there Andre Reed) so if the Bus doesn't make it in, don't be shocked.

I read an article on ESPN saying Bettis has a good chance of making it next year, his third year of eligibility (so I guess it doesn't take 10 years to be voted into the hall of fame). Marshall Faulk and Curtis Martin were voted in instead of Bettis the last two years (and they were better RBs) but the Bus is arguably the best running back in next year's class so he has a good chance of making it.

Also Andre Reed is a WR and I guess there's quite a bit of competition there.

On a side note Micheal Strahan is eligible too next year. It doesn't feel like he's been out of the league that long...

Edited by Helios

Yeahhhh Lions! Big win against the Seahawks today. Defense played decently but the story was the offense finally clicking (except Megatron) against a good defense. Titus Young and Ryan Broyles stepped up big today in place of Burleson and caught some clutch passes. Stafford finally played a game similar to last year. Offense relied more on passing then trying to be balanced, which is what won the Lions games last year. The big negative though is Megatron's 3 drops, including one in the end zone. I guess the Madden curse is legit haha.

Man, I hate that I couldn't watch the Steeler game today. It wasn't on TV, and my stepdad refused to see it because of the uniforms they were wearing.

What's with those shitty outfits anyway? I saw a video from the game, and just like my stepdad said, those things were like bumblebee costumes! Were they trying to show off for Halloween or something? If so, the Steelers failed miserably. They made themselves look so ridiculous. >.>

Still, I'm glad they pulverized the Reds. They need to keep this up so they can have the manpower to knock out the Ravens in November.

Yeah, but this is the first time I've seen that uniform. The last throwback uniform they used looked different.

And what's this "Madden curse"?

Also, YAY THE DOLPHINS TOTALLY OBLITERATED THE JETS. ^^

Edited by Anacybele