Chronicles of Eternity character submissions

Dandragon

hey, wow. i try, alright? i don't understand why all you people just like, talked together, and decided to target me with your pranks and your jokes. how pathetic, yeah. snicker all you want in your skypechats, i'm above that! i just find it sad that you are all so intent in giving me shit for no reason!

;__________________________________;

awww I was seriously complimenting you :(

im probably just gonna wait two years till i get my own computer and then just make everything from scratch...

if your goal was to discourage me from ever doing this again, congrats

this is a terrible attitude :(

Edited by Bacon

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tried getting characters for referense, so that i didn't have to do this while i was in the process of making the chapters, look where it got me

While this is a good idea, the way you handled it wasn't very good. You've gotta... process this stuff, instead of just take everything you get.

Wow, this topic heated up real fast today.

Everyone, calm your tits. Calm them down right meow!

dandragon, I'd simply recommend that you take this experience and learn from it. Character submission hacks have a tendency to go awry like this. Especially when there is no structure, or any real standard for quality, you get things like Generals with guns, and these pathetic minimugs that are just shrunk versions of the actual mugs (on a sizable chunk of the submissions, no less). I understand your goal and your aims, but sometimes these things don't work out. You need structure, you need standards, and you need to create some confidence that this is an achievable thing. Perhaps make a few chapters with dummy characters as a prototype before opening submissions, or assemble a team of people to give your effort credibility.

At the moment, this has devolved into the quintessential answer to the question "what's wrong with character submission hacks?"

P.S. The Master Knight thing was just a joke submission to see what'd happen. So yeah, I sorta contributed to this whole debacle. Mah bad.

Edited by Arch

Name Robert

(JSUK, He's 13.)

Gender Male

Affinity:Anima

Personality: A strong-willed young boy who trains himself. Has good potential.

Class Mercenary

Growths HP:20

STR:80

SKL:70

SPD:65

LUK:25

DEF:5 (yes,5)

RES:30

Mug: I'm making it now, i'm new to mugs.

Notes: THE glass cannon. If you use him, better hope he dodges.

Hey dan, is this okay?

Edited by eCut

. . .i shouldve probably mentioned i dont accept EVERY character submitted

Ha, figured you wouldn't like it. Other than being a glass cannon, what's up with it? also, stop being so hard. Let the submission rack up. Prehaps you can work with somone. It sounds stupid, but it works.It's clear people WANT to help.

did you seriously give him six minutes to respond and then doublepost to ask why?

Err, heh. You have a point.

Edit:

Stop double posting please, it is against the rules. :)

eCut~

Edited by eCut

wow this guy seems legit, i wonder how much hacking experience--

>joined today

:|

You know nothing about creating a hacking project, while the people telling him to hold off on submissions do

yeah

and cam... yeah

oh look he did it again

Edited by Kitty of Time

myrms work they arent amazing also he said he had 5 mercenaries i dont think he wants more at the moment there arent any axe users

i think im being hyper critical

I guess, but, I want my char to have low defense low hp, but really good critical. Could you send me a pm of a better growth?

I was serious...

then i shall take yours seriously and keep your submission in mind

Edit:

wip-2-6.png

Name: Cateline

Class: Cleric

Personality: Somewhat shy healer, rather bookwormish and is a bit of a daydreamer. Friendly for the most part, as long as you don't harm her books.

Affinity: Ice

Growths

HP: 50

Mag: 45

Skill: 50

Spd: 40

Luck: 60

Def: 15

Res: 55

(Is this alright? I have no idea how to balance growths XP)

this is so far the only submission im going to keep

ill actually take a look over the other submissions

---

Try not to double post. :)

eCut~

Edited by Wicked Witch of the East

Name Robert

(JSUK, He's 13.)

Gender Male

Affinity:Anima

Personality: A strong-willed young boy who trains himself. Has good potential.

Class Mercenary

Growths HP:20

STR:80

SKL:70

SPD:65

LUK:25

DEF:5 (yes,5)

RES:30

Mug: I'm making it now, i'm new to mugs.

Notes: THE glass cannon. If you use him, better hope he dodges.

Hey dan, is this okay?

well my first thought is wtf 20% hp even mages have more id say at least 40% probly bet to do 55%+

str 80 well only fighters get this high go for a bit less 55-65

skl well even with this much skill on an iron sword he most likely wont clear 20%

spd for a dodge tank this is low go for like 80

lck is necesary for a dodge tank i think 50-60 could be helpful

def no one is this low on average you get like 2 or 3 levels of def by level 20 promoted

also these growths are pointless on a hero with caps around 24 or 25 you dont need awsome growths you need balanced growths for your plan i would advise going myrm

keep in mind dan said he got 5 mercenaries already he will likely deny at least 3 of them i would advise a different class or, if you are dead set on mercenary, i would say do something special request to be a pre promoed hero who has a specialization in axes over swords and comes toward the end of early game like 5 or 6 chapters in and growths something like this

hp 55

str 60

skl 55

spd 60

lck 30

def 30

res 20

and good balanced bases

this is not to say its what must be done its an idea

the short answer is that if you want to make a hack

make one

don't talk about it

just do it

working on that

getting programs and shit done but by the time i have it will probably be 4 years from nowat the least.

Edited by dandragon01