How hard is POR manic mode?

Enemy LVs are higher and you fight promoted enemies sooner

You also get half as much Bexp compared to Hard mode.

You can actually forge more weapons sooner though, which is strange I think.

Don't raise *too* many units. I'm running into trouble because I'm using Jill when I could've spread that BEXP to other units. Generally it's not too hard; early game is simple because it's a lot of Titania rush (and repositioning your units so they can gang up on enemies but aren't in range of them during enemy phase) and mid-game is generally fine because your units are much stronger. 17-4 is tough because of my resource allocation being poor and I tried too much going blind into it, and I haven't had the mood to pick it back up since.

• 3 weeks later...

^That's actually incorrect, from my research. Random mode is actually easier because you can just keep resetting for better growths from BExp level ups, normal level ups in the early chapters as they are so short etc. In Fixed mode your characters will turn out great towards the end, but for the majority of the game will be far less powerful as you can't reset for better growths and whatnot, so they level up more slowly.

^That's actually incorrect, from my research. Random mode is actually easier because you can just keep resetting for better growths from BExp level ups, normal level ups in the early chapters as they are so short etc. In Fixed mode your characters will turn out great towards the end, but for the majority of the game will be far less powerful as you can't reset for better growths and whatnot, so they level up more slowly.

Which is only a concern if you actually would RNG abuse in that way, which can be considered to violate fair play.

yeah, im mainly concerned about Boyds with no strength and Sorens without magic, stuff like that Id hate to drop Soren cause he failed his level ups, he is cool this is RPG blah blah

Boyd suffering from a poor Strength growth and Soren suffering from a poor Magic growth? Both are close to impossible.

Now, both characters getting Speed screwed...very real possibilities.

oh no the fair play police are going to come after me

You're under arrest! That's the last time you ASM yourself anywhere! In all honesty, the BEXP system is screaming to be taken advantage of. I'd like to try Maniac mode, FE9 was a little lacking in difficulty. Although there are some points I can imagine are quite nasty.

im in chapter 6 now on fixed maniac and its not that difficult tbh. Enemies have better stats, but they are not overwhelmingly overpowered, so regular tactics still apply. Dialogs are more fitting, when Soren says "omg there are so many of them" he isnt joking, like on normal. But so far its been an enjoyable ride. Titania still one-rounds 95% of people, so i dont use her. But she is not invincible anymore, i actually got her killed in chapter 5, had to replay. I DID had to review the weapon triangle and generally my weapon habits though. The margin of error is not that big and plain charging doesnt work anymore.

about to receive 2 damage, and thats not even Gatrie.

gfej0110.th.jpg

Soren wasnt joking

gfej0121.th.jpg

fixed, eh? Im definitely above the line on the stats compared to my random mode run

gfej0116.th.jpg

Edited by ncknck

Its chapter 8 and Ike surpassed Titania in stats, lol. There is so much combat its amazing. It seems Soren also wasnt joking when he said there is a need to manage resources. Normally i was just loading up on stuff and hacking heads. But here resources arise to be a major issue. Had to replay ct8 cause Titania simply ran out of axes, and had to review the cost-per-use factor. Definitely see what Lord Raven means with ct17 being tough already.

Swords are expensive! Using a steel sword costs 25% more than lances and 66% more than axes. No wonder axes are so good, aside from their other qualities. Steel is twice as expensive as iron. Entirely new depth to the game. // commander ncknck signing out. :D

gfej0157.th.jpggfej0156.th.jpg

Edited by ncknck

Difficulty Modifier

0033A7AE 000000xx

00 - Normal

01 - Hard

02 - Maniac

03 - Easy

Maniac Mode

G16F-H3G8-GN0TE

HU24-AMCH-F918U

It's an action replay code so you could try that I guess and see if that works? I thought the would be some sort of code for this but have yet to try it for myself.

Difficulty Modifier

0033A7AE 000000xx

00 - Normal

01 - Hard

02 - Maniac

03 - Easy

Maniac Mode

G16F-H3G8-GN0TE

HU24-AMCH-F918U

It's an action replay code so you could try that I guess and see if that works? I thought the would be some sort of code for this but have yet to try it for myself.

If you mean to use that on the US version of PoR, that's not happening.

Maniac mode doesn't exist. Easy mode took its place. So trying to have a Maniac Mode with that code for the US version isn't gonna work... and trying to get an Easy Mode on the JP version with that code isn't gonna happen either.

Edit: The save turns red... wait... you're telling me it's still on there?

Edit #2: Easy mode is red as well.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Interesting. But i believe VincentASM said there is no maniac mode in the US/EU version. Checked it, and it produced a most interesting result, though not quite as expected. Check it out

Default HardFixed Mode. Bandit level 1. Enemy count 10.

hardfixed.th.jpg

HardFixed "Maniac" Mode with that Code. Bandit level 3. Enemy count 7.

hardfixedhackedmaniac.th.jpg

Actual Japanese Maniac Mode. Bandit level 3. Enemy count 13.

japanesemaniacfixed.th.jpg

So it appears that code sets the difficulty on Easy, ( which replaced maniac mode) but still sets enemy levels on Maniac. They also do less damage though. I survived training with Boyd with 3 hp on JapMan&HardEU. And with 11hp in hard mode with that code applied.

Edit: i cant count..

Edited by ncknck