risingSolaris' Sprites

risingSolaris

I'm just going to dump all of my new sprites here...

Splice(s):

iK6AnhrYQabe9.pngiCDC1lPWkX5Ts.PNGibwSsDLRwnEvub.PNG

iz7rGJiXUM1R4.pngiAOhmFnNR7j1i.pngiraVjHWVETm6B.png

ilGEO13Szytkp.pngizcGvJOSioSs6.pngibrVz6e10RafM3.png

iQt0UbDraDsbw.pngiDa33ylI8ODrs.pngiJo5oGHTdDvkh.png

Full Custom(s):

ii3w1MYzoICcs.png

ibhDODTCTMD7f3.png

ibhvg8oQvbj5i5.png icfKxrWKMZe8q.png

iCmikx15tZcRz.png

Map(s):

i1HLeYkrzrylC.png

Battle Sprite(s):

ijoCBXdDAyxfM.png

Animation(s):

iYpoMuQvYSE5n.gif

I will be updating this post instead of posting my sprites in different posts to make it easier for me. And I don't mind any rough criticism.

Edited by risingSolaris

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking your splice, but the customs seem pretty flawed to me. The bodies are cool and I like the character designs, but the facial features in particular are rather far from the Fire Emblem style and the anatomy is kinda messed up. IMO you should splice on some faces/hair pieces then custom over top of them to help out with proportions :V

If you want me to be more specific about stuff I can try, also

Edited by Mewiyev

I have no beef with you updating your first post so it has a good, updated gallery of your sprites, but I do kinda wish you'd post your edits in the actual thread too, I'm kind of curious to see where your sprites start and where they're going. It's nice to see a running log of progress.

The eye on our left still seems a bit derp, though from what I can recall having seen this sprite start as, it's getting much better. I believe it is because the left eye is shorter in height than the eye on the right. Try extending the eye on the left down another pixel to make it larger, and another possible suggestion is to move the entire iris in that eye a pixel to the right, because his eyes don't really seem to be looking in the same direction.

Another suggestion, maybe give him a different hair color? He looks a lot like Sain atm

Right, his nose looks very long on his face, like it goes down too far, so proportionally it looks really skinny and thin :P "Really long and short" is pretty much the most horrible wording possible, sorry, my bad :$

Pretty good :) The only thing I'd suggest is to either try and make the darker armour colour a little darker, or use the hair colour for the eyes (Basically, his eyes seem kinda dull because there's not enough difference in the shades. :3)

I'd probably add some shading on the left OPV by his eyes, too, it looks kinda weird considering he has a headband and hair there.

Edit: Not necessarily by his eyes but around the hair and headband, etc.

Edited by Bacon