Nostalgia Mafia Game Over

Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

Actually Rapier is from EO mafia. Also Anouleth, I DID mention mafia governor man. I haven't discarded that possibility.

Speaking of picks and all I would be ok to share my game but I don't know if its the best idea during night phase so w/e.

My bad.

I blame lack of caffeine on my part.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm around for like... 5 minutes now, will be back later. Aere, you've done nothing to make me think you're town. Also you really should have just full claimed with your soft claim. Thanks for that. Besides that, I don't know what else to add really. I've just skimmed the pages. I'll go back and reread more from the lack of flip on when I get back later. Sorry, my life is a little crazy this weekend, I'll be around more after this.

I don't think all of us outing our games is a brilliant idea, unless you're that worried about some of the nastier roles. I'd say the only good game to come from role speculation is that if something nasty happens, we'll have a better idea where the mafia picked their role from (i.e. if everyone is hooked, we'll have a better idea of which game(s) the perpetrator came from).

I don't think all of us outing our games is a brilliant idea, unless you're that worried about some of the nastier roles. I'd say the only good game to come from role speculation is that if something nasty happens, we'll have a better idea where the mafia picked their role from (i.e. if everyone is hooked, we'll have a better idea of which game(s) the perpetrator came from).

Perhaps it would be a good idea? More information generally helps the town better than it helps the mafia.

Time to see how well I remember my games. . .certain games had really good protection/investigative/Other Useful Town Shit (EO's an example of a game with damn good town roles; Pokemon Tactical for damn good mafia roles). Mafia knows what they picked. Why do we want to give them more information as to who is more likely to have a good town role?

Ok, so hi. I'm making a post. Some thoughts first of all:

Sage:

Sorry I haven't been posting, I was genuinely busy ;/.

Anyway I've caught up and here's my impressions:

[...]

Serious Bananas: Pops in to make really short and unoriginal posts and promises to expand on them later. This never actually happens and he instead goes off to do pokemon drafts. Or to be more accurate, when he does make a post later, he never does expand on any of the posts he promised to elaborate on.

##Vote: Serious Bananas

You've caught up and yet you don't realize that I've subbed in for SB and have in fact been posting thoughts... Please either learn to read or learn to not jump on easy bandwagons near phase end. Besides that, there are more people than just me, elie, and psych. Care to share any thoughts on any of them? What about the fact that Elie claimed? Are you just ignoring that? You're not making me feel any better about you with posts like that one. You basically echoed what everyone used to be saying about Elie, what the only real comments on psych have been, and then talked about someone who subbed out. You've just jumped into scum read for me.

Anouleth: Can we see some reads from you? You say you were away, and that's all well and good, but surely you've been able to read what's happened and give thoughts on people. In addition to that, I don't like you advocating us giving out more information. The more info we give away, the more the mafia knows, the better they're able to shoot our good power roles. No thank you.

kirsche: I feel the same way about you as I did before. None of your posts tonight have improved my view on you, so... Yeah. If Aere's dead in the morning, my vote's probably being put on you unless you manage to change my mind tonight.

Aere: I repeat what other people have said. Town DP isn't that great of a role, combined with your play hasn't helped my opinion of you. Do you have thoughts on anyone else? I haven't seen a good post with reads from you recently, and surely after getting hammered you have thoughts on some people.

That's it for now I think. Oh, except that I think a lot of this role speculation isn't helpful right now. We don't have a lot of information right now, so it's all pretty useless until we have more info.

I'm feeling town vibes from Manix and eclipse, mainly because they haven't only focused on me post-lynch. They had valid points against Marth page 29. Manix, I didn't pick Oracle because I am not the greatest at predicting power roles, and I just don't like killing myself. Eclipse has also been responding to a lot of posts, with respectable logic, for a little while now.

I'm not feeling alright wrt scorri. She decided to focus on kirsche after my lynch, for no other reason than she thinks calling for an investigation is scummy. How is calling for an investigation worse than calling for a vig or a roleblock? She's being a bit passive-agressive against him as of her last post, too, as I don't see how me dying makes him scum. I don't like how she just believed elie's claim, either. While I also agree with her read on Sage, I feel that was an incredibly easy observation. Do you have more reads on other, active players?

Anouleth has had all of 1 content post and 0 votes. Who are your top 3 scum reads?

Aere: It's not that you dying makes him scum. I think he's scum. I'm just saying that if you're still alive, I'll probably be voting you. And gj echoing both my point on Sage and my call to Anouleth to talk more about his reads.

Aere: It's not that you dying makes him scum. I think he's scum. I'm just saying that if you're still alive, I'll probably be voting you. And gj echoing both my point on Sage and my call to Anouleth to talk more about his reads.

While I also agree with her read on Sage, I feel that was an incredibly easy observation. Do you have more reads on other, active players?
that was directed at you, not him. Way to misunderstand :/:

And I missed your part about Anouleth, haha. Point still stands, though.

Well, as far as I know, no one else had poked Sage to try and get more from him. If he doesn't start posting more, I'm not going to be happy with him. So I figured that I would point out the obvious because no one else was, and if no one points it out, he won't have any reason to change how he's playing.

As for other reads, if I don't mention someone it means they're either a town or a neutral read. I'm trying the new "outing town reads is a bad idea" philosophy, so I'm not really planning on saying those reads anytime soon.

(And sorry for misreading your post, I hate when people do that to me so I try not to do that to other people, but I did that here, so I'll try to avoid doing that again.)

You called, Clipsey? :3

my 7am brain cannot actually decipher clipsey's post ;_;

Okay so; I have about 2 hours before I disappear for 9 hours. Sooooooo yeah

Go reread the whole thing between the two of us and Marth, and tell me what strikes you as weird. You too, Aere (but in your case, it's so I can explain why I facepalmed again).

Aere: Because I'd like to start getting reads from Sage *now* as opposed to later. Same thing with Anouleth. Why did you bother poking him? Wouldn't it be better served to wait until day phase? If there's no need to poke Sage til then, why poke Anouleth now?

Go reread the whole thing between the two of us and Marth, and tell me what strikes you as weird.

I'm assuming you're referring to the part where we have similar thoughts? If not you're actually going to have to explain it to me because my brain is pretty much dead

That's half of it. The other half is that Marth only responded to you, not me, even though I asked more questions. :P:

Hey wait a sec... oh. That makes a bit more sense. He picked on the person with less solid arguments to make himself look better.

Another thing to go on to my list of Things That Irk Me But Aren't Quite Enough To Be ScumTM

interestingly, aere being able to pick any town role that can't kill makes sense as a scum restriction. there's not much of a reason to keep town away from a vig, but what if scum drafted, say, an infinite-shot nightvig?