Paperblade

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose a name

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought you were one-shot.

to my knowledge the only inf-shot vig we've had is the one from kamen rider, something i would have preferred to pgo had my drafting restriction not hated me

interestingly, aere being able to pick any town role that can't kill makes sense as a scum restriction. there's not much of a reason to keep town away from a vig, but what if scum drafted, say, an infinite-shot nightvig?

This is an exceedingly good point.

But prims, you had a scum vig that gained shots in anony, didn't you (straw iirc)?

strawman was an insomniac

the scum vig only had one shot

the only town killing roles were interceptor, activist vig (started with zero shots), bingo player (had to cross off several names first).

Weapons wasn't a scum vig elieson.

Also, Theatre's vig was unlimited, but it works like the Epic Mafia vig, wrt dying if it visits the scum's kill.

However, assuming Elieson speaks the truth, we don't really have to worry about that one.

Anouleth has had all of 1 content post and 0 votes. Who are your top 3 scum reads?

You, Prims, and er, I guess I don't really have a third. Oh, yeah, Elieson.

I didn't vote D1 because I hadn't read up completely, I was tired at the time of posting, and because it was 17 hours before the end of cycle in which I couldn't post. The situation might have changed, and in fact, it did. I placed my trust in the other town players to reach a decision without my input. I was not exactly worried about the possibility of a no lynch (not that a no lynch on D1 has ever bothered me). And I didn't feel like voting just to earn Townie Credibility Points.

That's half of it. The other half is that Marth only responded to you, not me, even though I asked more questions. :P:

Ok, so I re-read to check and ok, you asked 4 questions, and I only responded to two. I felt I already answered your last question because that point was similar to what I was addressing Manix. Anyway:

I'm meta-ing off of Mafia play because... I'm putting myself in that situation and honestly if I was mafia I'd be aware of the fact that I DP just gives me an extra life and I'd want something that- screws with results/actions, or helps with kills. I mean come on, seeing how a lynch cancel for the mafia ended up in SFMM2, you'd think they'd want something better? Also I don't see why not meta off of mafia play, I agree it probably won't help much in scumhunting but since this is night phase I can't really scumhunt anyway, so its ok if I list possibilities based on assumptions I guess.

Second, I've considered Aere as Scum!DP, and I think its unlikely. For starters, if you're scum and you have DP, why would become pretty defensive with just one point against you?(Granted the only point against him that I actually agree with is that he called out Eli's post with single words in it as defensive without addressing the whole post.) Only case I can see this right is if Aere, due to being a newbscum, just thought only about people finding him scummy while he forgot that he was DP so it was ok if he was lynched. Again, this is only IF you think this really happened. So I think the better possibilities are: a) He's scum with a different role and the mafia have a governor, or b) He's town who played well-not-so-well and made a horrible pick without thinking twice.(Also possible because he has done many silly things as town) That said I didn't find him too defensive as others did, so actually speaking, our views should be vice versa but w/e.(because being calm with DP as a role makes sense as scum)

i thought you were one-shot.

to my knowledge the only inf-shot vig we've had is the one from kamen rider, something i would have preferred to pgo had my drafting restriction not hated me

I was unlimited. I just didn't shoot till late game.

Ok, so I re-read to check and ok, you asked 4 questions, and I only responded to two. I felt I already answered your last question because that point was similar to what I was addressing Manix. Anyway:

I'm meta-ing off of Mafia play because... I'm putting myself in that situation and honestly if I was mafia I'd be aware of the fact that I DP just gives me an extra life and I'd want something that- screws with results/actions, or helps with kills. I mean come on, seeing how a lynch cancel for the mafia ended up in SFMM2, you'd think they'd want something better? Also I don't see why not meta off of mafia play, I agree it probably won't help much in scumhunting but since this is night phase I can't really scumhunt anyway, so its ok if I list possibilities based on assumptions I guess.

Second, I've considered Aere as Scum!DP, and I think its unlikely. For starters, if you're scum and you have DP, why would become pretty defensive with just one point against you?(Granted the only point against him that I actually agree with is that he called out Eli's post with single words in it as defensive without addressing the whole post.) Only case I can see this right is if Aere, due to being a newbscum, just thought only about people finding him scummy while he forgot that he was DP so it was ok if he was lynched. Again, this is only IF you think this really happened. So I think the better possibilities are: a) He's scum with a different role and the mafia have a governor, or b) He's town who played well-not-so-well and made a horrible pick without thinking twice.(Also possible because he has done many silly things as town) That said I didn't find him too defensive as others did, so actually speaking, our views should be vice versa but w/e.(because being calm with DP as a role makes sense as scum)

Uh, so that you actually USE your DP to waste a phase? It's not completely out of the realm of possibility. However, this is going in circles. I still think the logic you're using to defend Aere is sketchy. What stuck out to me the most is the fact that Aere never bothered claiming it when he hopped back online (and if people are okay with lynching you, you make sure that's out of the way ASAP, lest the town lose a phase).

Also a notice that I go poof soon and won't be back until Sunday night, my time.

Uh, so that you actually USE your DP to waste a phase? It's not completely out of the realm of possibility. However, this is going in circles. I still think the logic you're using to defend Aere is sketchy. What stuck out to me the most is the fact that Aere never bothered claiming it when he hopped back online (and if people are okay with lynching you, you make sure that's out of the way ASAP, lest the town lose a phase).

Also a notice that I go poof soon and won't be back until Sunday night, my time.

Good point. If he wanted to be more town he should've claimed fully isntead of going "Lol yeah Eli I'm scum./sarcasm" And yeah it is a bit far-fetched, me defending Aere, which is why I am not saying he's 100% town, otherwise I'd have stated that from the get-go.

Also Aere should srsly list-post if he's town instead of giving some mediocre reads which are poorly explained. I say this because you're probably gonna get vigged anyway, and town needs as much info as it can get. Ofc if you're scum you'll probably decline so w/e.

Also Aere should srsly list-post if he's town instead of giving some mediocre reads which are poorly explained. I say this because you're probably gonna get vigged anyway, and town needs as much info as it can get. Ofc if you're scum you'll probably decline so w/e.

Pretty sure you just poisoned the well. I've given more opinions, and there isn't a good reason why I should present why multiple people are town. Also, way to completely flip your opinion on me, too.

Pretty sure you just poisoned the well. I've given more opinions, and there isn't a good reason why I should present why multiple people are town. Also, way to completely flip your opinion on me, too.

You've given opinions, I'm just saying they're poorly explained/not elaborated. And yes its alright for you to present why multiple people are town because its still info and if your flip may or may not affect the list post. Also I did not completely flip my opinion on you, I'm telling you what you're supposed to do if you're town because everyone wants you vigged, it'd be nice if we had your reads to work on if you're supposedly town.

MIRjS.gif

Ok first off, I am aware you were here because you subbed for somebody, I just forgot it was bananas you were subbing for.

Second of all, I needed to get a post in before the day phase ended or you and other people would've busted my balls for not posting anything and i had to pretty much cram like nearly 20 pages in less than an hour and make a read on it. Those three were the easiest to make a read on so I figured I'd make a post about it. The cramming btw probably meant I missed a few things like the elie claim.

btw I love how you accuse me of echoing what people said about elieson but then fap when you thought Aere was echoing your points on me and Anouleth.

I'll reread the thread some more to get a clearer picture on everything but I figured I'd post my observations on someone here.

Prims: Not quite sure what to make of her. While her roleclaim is a traditional tactic of a town TGO, her role seems far more effective if she was aligned with mafia. Obviously everyone here knows this but what gets me is the reasoning she claimed for picking the role. I don't think most town aligned people would pick what basically amounts to a pretty bad role just to avoid death for a couple of days. So yeah, more likely scum than not but it really could go either way.

Anouleth: I can see why scorri would think his demand for information is pretty suspicious and to be honest, I do kind of agree with it. Rolefishing this early doesn't really seem like a great move this early in the game because like scorri said, it benefits the mafia way too much since they can basically take out the dudes with the best roles easier. But that might be my noobishness talking.

I'm not quite sure what to make of Manix yet, but she's certainly not in my top 3 scum suspects or anything.