Phoenix Wright 5 (Gyakuten Saiben 5)

TheVinceKnight

I really doubt the main prosecutor will be Edgeworth. If anything, we'll get the exact opposite, someone that's inexperienced and uses loopholes to prolong the trials. Essentially old Phoenix on the opposite side of the table.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those interested, here's the official Japanese Website:

http://www.capcom.co...akutensaiban/5/

The staff:

Shuu Takumi, who oversaw the first four Gyakuten Saiban games, will not play a major role in GS5's development. Instead, the game is being directed by Takeshi Yamazaki, produced by Motohide Eshiro, and its music will be composed by Noriyuki Iwadare - in short, the Ace Attorney Investigations team.

The story:

One year has passed since the events of Apollo Justice, and once-Ace Attorney Phoenix Wright has returned to the courtroom - and just in time, as a bomb reduces the hallowed halls to rubble. Wright takes on the defense of high-schooler Shinbou Morisumi, a mysterious new partner at his side and the relative of an old foe across from him at the prosecutor's bench...

The game itself:

Appropriate for its platform, Gyakuten Saiban 5 takes the main series into 3D for the first time, reminiscent of Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney. That said, the series isn't losing its trademark whodunnit 2D scenes, as you can see by the shot of the clearly completely innocent man above. Gameplay-wise, the action returns to the court, but cross-examination seems to have some extra twists which Capcom promises will be revealed in the future.

The release schedule:

This one's still pretty up in the air. Famitsu listed no date for GS5, not even a '2013'. However, there's some good news: the game is confirmed to be coming to both North America and Europe. When, of course, is anyone's guess.

wJPUx.jpgyV2qS.jpg

Ig3g1.jpgQcaz8.jpg

AiQ4V.jpg

I'm still having a hard time getting used to these 3D sprites, but they kinda look good. Phoenix's new outfit looks great. And since the Ace Attorney Investigations team is working on this game, I'm pretty sure the soundtrack will be amazing. I'm hype! =P

Edited by Rapier

The game looks nice and all, but we really need to see video before I can say I like it or not. I can't see the series' expressive animations working too well in three dimensions.

Huh. The models do actually look nicely put together, I feel kind of silly for worrying they'd be the kind of blocky stuff the original DS could muster. On the other hands again, they seem less crisp. Not that I'm worth my salt as an art critic, but the outlines seem almost gone, and the colors seem more saturated. seem seem seem

Can't wait to see how they are in action.

Oh yeah the music better own, no I don't think I'm asking too much Capcom just get everything right the first time on 3DS please thanks

Part of the problem, if I can call it that, is that I haven't seen the game animation in running, yet :p

Myself, I don't simply hate all 3D animation on principle, but there was something really special about the 2D Ace Attorney sprites. I just don't want to see that friggin power they had fall into obscurity.

That and it'd be nice if not everything everywhere turned into models, and sprited games were still being actively made somewhere by triple-A developers who're really good at them. I will admit that though I expect an AA game to look good no matter how it's presented, I'd just plain be a little sad to see the sprites go, out of pure preference/bias, because I haven't personally seen many sprite-art games match it.

Edited by Rehab

I could go on a long tirade about that 3d animation has reached the same level of fluidity and expresiveness we've come to expect from 2d animation, if not even surpassed it

but

nah

We all know 3D is expressive. We see it in Pixar and Disney and Dreamworks movies. Even a lot of game companies have been pushing their animation work. However, until we see Capcom's work in action, we can only speculate if Capcom can reach the zany expressiveness of their sprites. The animation will undoubtably be smoother, but will the poses be as big? That is a legitimate worry. No one wants to see boring canned poses like we see in most budget jrpgs. The team has proven itself in its sprites before, but it IS a change. We just need trailers to see the game in motion.

Edited by Samias

There's an interview that mentions they're trying for exactly that. The little animation quirks the sprites have (Phoenix's huge hand when pointing for instance) could be helped with 3D, I guess.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned 3D objections.

34 Year-Old Pheonix lookin' sexier than ever.

No kiddin.

At least he's no longer a hobo. =)

Wow, people really must've been burnt on Apollo if Phoenix is the protagonist again.

At least the game itself is canon.

Apollo played his role long enough.

Is it wrong for me to be more excited about this game than FE13?

Because I sure am!

Being well renowned at court-records.net

I'm not surprised.

For those interested, here's the official Japanese Website:

http://www.capcom.co...akutensaiban/5/

wJPUx.jpgyV2qS.jpg

Ig3g1.jpgQcaz8.jpg

AiQ4V.jpg

Nice! =D

http://www.court-records.net/CharactersGK2.htm

Great news. There is actually another game that was out sometime ago. Because I don't know hardly any of these characters.

http://www.destructoid.com/ace-attorney-investigations-2-localization-still-possible-226668.phtml

http://aceattorney.wikia.com/wiki/Gyakuten_Kenji_2

EDIT: I've found out that it was Ace Attorney Investigations 2 which didn't get localized. Unfortunately.

A fan translation is underway. Yes. Because I REALLY want to play this game.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173272

Edited by ポーラ

can you or someone link to a blog or progress report of that then?

They have a forum dedicated to the translation process but it's kinda hard to view the translation topic as some people are not able to view the topics unless they're members and registering can be buggy sometimes.

Also keep in mind that they are/were in a critical phase so please try not to rush things. Here's the link to the translation forums.

I say are/were because the new forums do not have time stamps of posts so I don't know when this(latest issue at hand):

The members of the group are scattered around the world and we need a good comunication between them because we live in different time zones.

The choice to stay on the backup forum and not change was made by the group for manly 4 reasons:

-hide so much as possible from Capcom while it's still uncertain if they will localize it or not (we are still on the time Capcom released the other games)

-we had already a thread structure on the forum and ...

-we have a "dedicated" forums for us

-last but not least we wanted a bit of tranquillity and not have to answer the same question (when/where is the patch??/ when will it be finished?? ....) over and over again making us only loose time.

For those that are worried about us not seeing the support you want to give' date=' i just say that we see it and it is always welcome even if we not answer it.

The last thing i say is probably the one thing you all are most interested in and that is the percent of the progress.

A question that is actually very hard to answer because if we take the release of the last case as 100%, there will be probably a patch for 101..102 and maybe 103%.

If you take the whole text and say 100% is when the whole text is translated, that is only maybe 40% of the whole work we are doing.

So what percent of the progress are we??

We are entering a very critial phase this or next week and there are mainly 2 big problems to be solved.

One of this two problems could still make this translation fail but if we can solve it, there will probably not be any surprises anymore and a complete translated game seems possible.

After this critical phase, it's possible that we will start some sort of progress tracking but for now there is none.

The "paper translation" is continued anyway even if the technical problems will not be solved quickly.

Thanks for the support.

[/quote']

was made.

From what I know, case 1 is translated.