Least RNG controlled FE

omglmaowtf

I've decided to abandon my FE4 replaythrough as 98% of Team Gen 1 have zero stat growth thru leveling

So which game in the FE series is least RNG controlled i.e. whether your level up is zero stat growth or only a +1 max hp, whether you hit or miss on 98% chance to hit, whether a 2% chance to hit 1% crit chance hits you with a critical

is mostly dependent on how well the player strategize rather than cointoss/diceroll

All of them really. If you play recklessly, you'll need pretty high stats to make up for your mistakes. Users like dondon have shown that if you're clever enough, you don't even need stats to clear the game. FE3's book 2 doesn't really care about stats. The starshard fragments can make even Arran can his stats. Plus, by endgame enemy hit is so horribly low that you can afford to be a little careless.

FE5 requires a lot of thinking from the player, since there are some situations where even raw stats can't succeed.

Edited by Admiral Shin

Any game with high hit (FE11, FE12), a greater emphasis on non-combat strategies (FE5), or terrible enemies (FE5 again, FE7, FE8, FE9).

If you want to escape the chance of getting stat screwed altogether, go with a fixed growth mode. Only FE9 provides it naturally, but I'd imagine there might be patches for some of the others to allow it. You'll still have to contend with the RNG in combat, but there's no escaping that in FE.

FE11's hit rates aren't high enough the times that I've played it :(:

FE5's challenges can be worked around as long as you do things correctly, but the hit rates are terrible and you have to kill bosses on thrones and shit so it's not very RNG-independent

honestly i'd say it's something like FE9 where you can super-charge your own units, forge +hit on weapons easily, and terrain bonuses are weaker in general, but even then you run into corner cases of RNG dependence, particularly if you're going for, what, sub-180 turns?

Users like dondon have shown that if you're clever enough, you don't even need stats to clear the game.

yeah but i still RNG abuse combat like a little bitch

Edited by dondon151