FE13 Skills Tier List

Bryan

Just because only two, maybe 3 units can use Beastbane at all does not affect its tiering. If you're a taguel, it's great. There's not really much better. To be honest it's a weird skill to tier because it doesn't transfer but it's a pretty huge effect that doesn't require activation. It's just difficult to represent on the tier list just like Special Dance. In this case you're obviously not going to wear the skill if you're not in the class that it requires, just like you wouldn't wear a -Faire skill for a weapon your current class can't use, or just like you wouldn't wear Discipline if you had no weapon ranks to raise.

arvillo: There's another tier list on page 4 that has every skill, and Focus and Gamble have already been moved way up. Miracle is also in low.

Discipline was moved down but it's still in high tier. For anyone who can reclass into cav, you pick it up immediately and it saves a lot of hassle of starting new weapons. It's a skill for training, much like Aptitude, and really speeds things along.

Underdog was moved up.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Beastbane's main problem is that you have to be in the Taguel class. Beastbane is very powerful, yes, but the fact of the matter is that the very few characters that get the skill will almost never be using it during the main story, as they want to class out of Taguel as soon as possible. If a skill is good but will never see any use under normal conditions, it shouldn't be so high.

For the record, it could have some uses postgame, but being locked to 1-range is never, ever good.

Looking over this again because I was bored. So why is Luna mid tier? I feel that for a skill with a pretty good activation rate that can have a rather noticeable effect for both physical and magical damage it's a bit underrated.

Goddamn.

I can't believe I've missed this thread.

Weapon Saver doesn't do anything in the postgame. All weapons are infinitely available, so there's just no point.

It isn't even very good in-game, as the game gives you a ton of money to just replace your weapons.

Yeah. That we don't want to waste money on them. Infinite uses=More Money.

That we could use for more Second and Master Seals to get better skill combinations for the Lunatic Modes along with the Postgame content.

Completely false: infinitely available doesn't mean easily available. You want to run through IDW over and over again hoping to get more Holy Tome Nagas or Swanchikas, or go for shiny tiles over and over again hoping to get another Inverse's Darkness and then run through Gold and Silver again to get the colossal amount of gold to forge it?

Weapon Saver is without a doubt one of the best postgame skills. Without it, the time investment required to use the best weapons is prohibitive.

Weapon Saver is quite good during the story as well.Slightly rarer weapons or expensive such as the Killing Edge or forged weapons can last longer on your Mercenary-->Hero characters(Grego,Flavia and possibly Donny and Tiamo), you also get alot of Goddess Icons in-game and outside of selling them boosting the luck of a unit with Weapon Saver is the best you can get out of them.

It's definitely up there with Rainbow Cry and Lightning Speed during post game only, but it's about good in the main story so top is probably the best place for it(just not too high on it).

Better yet,these. ^

Because this list makes almost no sense in-game. You just don't have the freedom to set up complicated skillsets until postgame, where the enemies are hard enough to almost require them.

Plus that is what we would want with our utmost favorite units to end up

like this

in the end anyway.

but you don't need complicated skillsets in-game

Lunatic says different.

Will make it like a joke by doing this. But Lunatic+ will counter act this argument though when they throw enemies at you having all Counter+Luna+Hawkeye which is an incredibly dangerous combination and that Nihil is not in this game, period.

I'd also maintain that postgame content is at least as fun as the game itself. That opinion seems to be shared, and if people enjoy postgame content and want to discuss it in a tiering context, why shouldn't they be able to?

Plus having all your fliers possess Iote's Shield is always a damn good thing.

since you aren't swimming in money.

However, Armsthrift is still a great skill anyway because it saves your forges and legendary weapons.

This is entirely why it's the whole point of why that it is recommended.

It's not about needing the weapons. Yeah, I'm using ultimates where ordinary weapons would work. But ultimates are even better, and the effect of Weapon Saver is that you can spam those ultimate weapons for even better results. Without Weapon Saver, you can use them, but you can't spam them. Not reasonably. That's what you get out of Weapon Saver: being able to spam whatever you want, not just the common weapons.

Hammerine can get around it too. But I don't think there are more than three in the whole game.

Also, if you don't want to buy it then Despoil is pretty much the only source of infinite money and thus Good. But most people will buy it, reducing Despoil to pretty much Worthless.

Great.

Despoil won't be needed when you get 72K gold per round.

Worth it for just a few dollars than loads and loads of time in Skirmishes for the gold.

Well, seeing as how this thread just started up again, I thought I'd take the time to tell you that I found Aversa's Night/Inverse's Darkness on my fifth playthrough of the English Demo. xD

Found it in my second run (Japanese version) in a random skirmish.

Veteran needs to be at the very top

its the reason why MU absolutely shits on this game in nearly every difficulty

And that it is useful for those who haven't downloaded the episode to get the Paragon scrolls.

Actually, Life Taker's description is very misleading. Even if you kill the opponent, your unit will only regain HP if they are the ones who initiate the attack (i.e only during player phase). Thus, this skill is crap compared to Sol since Sol can activate during both Player and Enemy phases, while Lifetaker only activates during Player phase.

I prefer to have both at once for double the recovery for 99% which is great for a full recovery after enemy retaliation during the Player Phase. That is if you fail to 0KO the enemy. =)

I'm going to be perfectly honest and say that outside of the rally skills that impact movement, even without grinding my unit's stats were high enough to comfortably overpower basically everyone on hard with little regard to tactics. I found that honestly rally spectrum was almost never useful to me, outside of training child characters.

Like on normal, these Rally skills aren't needed at all unless in DLC/Spotpass chapters.

Inserting a "]" at the end of the very first line will fix it.

wut

50% of the user's max HP. So it is a great way of healing on the player phase but does nothing for the enemy phase, whereas Sol heals half the damage you deal as an in-battle activation. They are both pretty good skills.

Right.

Have m' both.

Depends on what you want to use Lucina for. Simply from Chrom's classes she has access to Pavise, Aegis, Luna, and Aether, all of which benefit from Rightful King.

I'll have to make my Lucina like that for Postgame! =)

added Underdog because I forgot about it, and did some shuffling of some of the Rally skills but somewhat unconvincingly. I should probably put Rally Movement elsewhere but I want more discussion about it. Mid tier is pretty messy with a lot of skills of more-or-less equal use, plus the skills I mentioned before with extremely useful but also very situational use.

Underdog should be low. As it gets completely useless in the end after your characters have maxed out in level.

That tier list is missing Counter.

Which is a very good damn skill. Most useful for enemies having Astra=Evil.

Bottom tier it can only activate a close range. So mages and archers are unaffected.

What about with a 1~2 ranged weapon?

Is anyone else fond of Sol + Vengeance? They're an easy combination to get off of any two parents, and the two skills counterbalance each other constantly. I do extra damage, I get the health back, zig-zag all the live-long day. I have it on my Laurent, it's fun.

Know of what pairing you have to make to have this inheritance possible?

She picks up both by pairing with Sumia or Avatar F.

Always recommended to pair Chrom with either of them.

Why is Discipline so high? It's easy to get weapon ranks in this game unless you're Donny starting with probably a D/E in your promoted class or are a Great Knight, or promote to use staves.

Take note that you also can't get unlimited Manuals either. Though I could be wrong.

Edited by Katarina

It seems like there's a higher emphasis on efficiency in the tier list than actual throughput effectiveness. Might be best to have a "mid-game" list and an "end-game" list.

If we were going for efficiency, wouldn't it be best to avoid the 10 levels of Cavalier, especially for magic units? I mean does anyone care about Outdoor Fighter? Lol.

Take note that you also can't get unlimited Manuals either. Though I could be wrong.

I think that's right...

As for Golden Gaffe, that would introduce grinding, so Discipline would only serve as saving time...

As far as beating the game in general, I beat Hard/Classic without grinding or re-classing (except for Morgan and Owain since I wanted to change their classes) and honestly, my main characters were fine using Irons and E rank tomes, with Steel and D rank tomes as backup. :X Well, except the last chapter that is.

Edited by kryptonite

Arms Scrolls?

You can get as many of them as you want with Anna Merchants. Same with Hammerne and all the Stat Boosters except Naga's Tear.

Both have a rare chance of appearing on any normal chapter or paralogue, and a very good chance of appearing on chapters 24, 25, and the spotpass paralogues. Granted, they're pointless at that point anyway, but whatever. I've got like six Arms Scrolls in my convoy and two or three Hammernes because I am a hoarder and am stupid.

Edited by Iridium