Draft Mafia Round 2: AnonyDraft gameOver

Elieson

Moonside hasn't even posted yet? Unless this is a reference to his name.

I also don't really like FLC's repsonse to Robin's more indepth post about why he finds him/her scummy. Your counter against his post still assumes that those first few posts of his (which included things like "let's massclaim, i'm town") were being serious, which is either just as stupid as Robin wasting a midgame dayvig gambit or extraordinary jumpiness. Which is it?

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because "OMFG one person called me out that person has to be scum!" is bad reasoning, which is a gigantic null tell. The only thing I agree with him on is the lack of participation in this game. No other serious prodding of players except for me, just votes with flimsy reasoning. I'm waiting for Moonside to show up. What's your excuse?

I heard this game had more than two players.

Well I'm here now, and I'm loling at these vote reasons by the bandwagon crew:

Why are you taking this so seriously?
Took Robin's joking around and being unserious way too seriously for my tastes.
Lighten up.

Being serious about a game is not scummy in itself, and all these vague votes seem fishy.

1) blank moonside vote after two blank vote posts is bad rvs form, doesn't stack votes to prompt reactions or stimulate any discussion navo and i wouldn't have

Half the SF populace doesn't understand RVS though.

All that being said, I am leaning more towards Robin being town than FLC right now. Hiding behind "you're tunneling" is not an excuse when it isn't so much tunneling as it is pointing out that you're scummy, especially when you're not putting pressure on him for it. At this point I'm not entirely convinced that they're not doing the typical townie bicker fest (with FLC doing most of the bickering), so I'll make a decision later, after I've had soom food and put more thought into it.

Being serious about a game is not scummy. But I find often that being overly serious about something that's obviously a joke is something scum do. In a way, it reminds me of Scorri in Theatre saying "Why are people voting for Psych?" after he got six jokevotes on himself (although FLC himself doesn't remind me of Scorri).

Because "OMFG one person called me out that person has to be scum!" is bad reasoning, which is a gigantic null tell. The only thing I agree with him on is the lack of participation in this game. No other serious prodding of players except for me, just votes with flimsy reasoning. I'm waiting for Moonside to show up. What's your excuse?

My excuse is, I have been busy. Now explain me, is "he's stupid and I think he's doing a lolscumvig gambit" the only reason you're voting Robin? Your case agaisnt him is really weak. On the other hand, he managed to get a nice reaction out of you.

Also

##Vote: Robin's Egg for being stupid.

lol

##Vote: Scumnori

Come back here.

There are people who have done even worse so far in this thread.

Everyone on the Okarin wagon.

Indeed. Why did Balboa vote Okarin too?

Now that we've established that I have no fucking sense of humor and a nasty temper, onward.

##Unvote

##Vote: Caliban

What is obvious to one isn't obvious to all, unless you know something that I don't. The only obvious things to me are my role PM and drafting order. Overly serious is a null tell, not a scum tell; some of us play seriously. You've had the opportunity to interact with others, and have chosen to concentrate on me, despite all the lovely attention I've gained. Is the rest of the game really that null? If they are that bad, then why aren't you doing things to make them not null?

plutonium95 elaborate on your dislike. thanks

A rather arbitrary vote using non-arbitrary reasons (unlike most d1 votes).

I'm also fosing FLC for being dodgy with the questions, but I don't want jump onto anything with the little info we have.

My vote is staying on Moonside until he learns how to read votes.

You're right, you didn't vote Robin, so I couldn't read your vote, my bad. Yet, I still believe your reasoning agaisnt him quite weak, I think you were overreacting over his loljokeposts way too much and now you said he only decided to vote you because you called him out.

Because "OMFG one person called me out that person has to be scum!" is bad reasoning, which is a gigantic null tell.

Town dayvig would have no reason to shoot that early. Scum dayvig would be begging for a lynch. All you did was blow a nice midgame gambit early, which is stupid. If you don't like being called stupid, stop playing stupid. Tunneling because someone called your fucking bluff is stupid, too.

Why would a scum dayvig be begging for a lynch? And why do you even consider the possibility that Robin is a vig? ... And why do you believe he's scum, yet you aren't voting him? I don't buy it, you are making no sense to me.

##Vote: FourLeafClover

Took Robin's joking around and being unserious way too seriously for my tastes.

Also wary of Scumnori for doing the same, but I'll go with FLC for now.

'Unserious way too seriously'? what

And isn't FLC being the most serious player until now, from what we can read? Have a look at his replies.

All that being said, I am leaning more towards Robin being town than FLC right now.

Thinking about it, this implies that I think the two can't be in the same team. This is not the case and I do believe it quite possible that they're both scum/town.

Why did Balboa vote Okarin too?

It was a reaction test for RVS as the wagon on FLC hadn't fully begun yet. That said, the vote is probably worthless now so I will unvote.

##Unvote

Still on the fence about FLC though.

All I see are badly-founded accusations being thrown my way. "No sense of humor" is a null tell.

Re: Stupid dayvigging - Shooting too early deprives the town of interactions. Associative reads become null if someone dies at the tail end of RVS. Pulling that stunt late D1 might have a little more merit, especially if there's competing wagons. Not that I care - if I'm going down, I might as well tell you precisely what I think of your antics before I flip.

My current FoS is the large swath of people that are letting our not-dayvig do their scumhunting for them. Did the rest of the players fall off the face of the planet? Is it that hard to prod others?

Missed this:

Being serious about a game is not scummy. But I find often that being overly serious about something that's obviously a joke is something scum do. In a way, it reminds me of Scorri in Theatre saying "Why are people voting for Psych?" after he got six jokevotes on himself (although FLC himself doesn't remind me of Scorri).

I really don't think that being serious, or overly serious, is a scum tell. Remember Kevin in prince of tennis mafia? He flipped out D1 in RVS stage yet turned out to be town. Might've just been Kevin being Kevin though.

Because i don't want to go to bed without a vote, my biggest concern right now is the speed at which the wagon formed. 3 votes in just over an hour with all three people citing the same bland and lazy reason just reeks of suspicious. That said, the first person to start a wagon usually isn't scum and Caliban is at least trying to contribute. Okarin just made his vote and left, never to be seen again.

##Vote: Okarin

Just sheer coincidence that you were my RVS vote, but thinking about this wagon and your contribution (and lack thereof) I'm throwing down my vote on my biggest FoS.

Now that we've established that I have no fucking sense of humor and a nasty temper, onward.

##Unvote

##Vote: Caliban

What is obvious to one isn't obvious to all, unless you know something that I don't. The only obvious things to me are my role PM and drafting order. Overly serious is a null tell, not a scum tell; some of us play seriously. You've had the opportunity to interact with others, and have chosen to concentrate on me, despite all the lovely attention I've gained. Is the rest of the game really that null? If they are that bad, then why aren't you doing things to make them not null?

Yes, the rest of the game is that null, because there really hasn't been any worthwhile discussion not centred around you. I mentioned that I didn't really like what Scumnori did either, but seeing as he wasn't here and you were, why shouldn't I have concentrated more on you than him? And why should I use my vote as a prodvote? How is me voting one of the people who haven't done anything going to get them to do something? When they come to the thread they'll post something- I have no desire to waste my time in such a way, hanging around and waiting for someone to come and post. For all your talk about telling people to prod inactives less than a day into D1, you're currently doing the exact same thing I am- voting for someone who has posted things that you didn't like.

That being said, I'm leaning away from scum!FLC. I'm starting to think he really does have no sense of humour.

Also, I'm not entirely sure Navo was being serious when he said that the people on Okarin's wagon are stupid- he is/was on Okarin's wagon too.

Finally, ##Vote: Scumnori. I don't really feel like voting for FLC any more and whatever his reasoning for thinking Robin was stupid was, at least he HAD reasoning. You just sorta came in, placed a vote backed by about two words, and then left.

I really don't think that being serious, or overly serious, is a scum tell. Remember Kevin in prince of tennis mafia? He flipped out D1 in RVS stage yet turned out to be town. Might've just been Kevin being Kevin though.

yeah the more flc posts the more i'm thinking it could be a situation similar to that. what's keeping my vote on him though is that beyond the surface his thought process still isn't townie - out of 3 people voting him for the same reason he attacks the player with the most justified vote? why? he also brushes aside my attacks on him a lot by using tunneling as a buzzwords (like i said it's obvious he doesn't know what it means)

scumnori wagon looks uninteresting so far, i read his vote on me as generic rvs

can't object to pressure on okarin but i don't think the flc wagon has to be a scum push yet

@moonside: but why scumnori over flc at this point

Thinking about it, this implies that I think the two can't be in the same team. This is not the case and I do believe it quite possible that they're both scum/town.

Why do you think they can be scum at the same time?

Now then, let's see what the inactives have to say about the game. I'm not buying any of the Robin and FLC arguments agaisnt each other now, and I believe the former should troll someone else other than FLC in order to get reads. Focusing only on a specific person isn't contributing, and I see it as slightly scummy.

If you don't like the lack of discussion, you create it. Yes, you're free to dislike me/yell at me. No, I'm not giving a pass to people who waltz in, place a vote, and leave. Let's pretend a theoretical dayvig shoots right here and now. Can the town derive any associative reads from your corpse, besides me?

Not-Dayvig has done a great job of not considering the rest of the game as scum/not scum. You focusing all your attention on me isn't helping the town at all. See that dayvig question? Pretend you're the one that's been shot.

Bold is being a pain, so I need to change my vote in the next post.

Let's pretend a theoretical dayvig shoots right here and now. Can the town derive any associative reads from your corpse, besides me?

duh, on the dayvig who shot me

this is a shitty question because the only reads coming from town-aligned corpses that matter are (a) people who were attacking the corpse, regardless of method of death and (b) people the corpse was attacking, and only if it was a nightkill. (a) is something the corpse no control over and (b) is made invalid by method of death

one strong scumread is good enough for < 24 hours into d1 when half the players haven't posted so stop acting like i need to write up a huge wall of text on all my null and town reads, because i don't

moonside still needs to answer me