Your Favorite Character

Agility

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easily Jill.

As far as being a character is concerned, she is very important.

She is the only person in the mercs to actually be a Daein. (Sothe and Zihark don't count.) As such she does a great deal to humanize the enemy country.

She shows that they aren't just a bunch of chaotic evil demons that whose live doesn't matter.

And by extension that in a war, even the good guys will cause harm.

And she shows, that wanting to do the right thing might require huge sacrifices. Sacrifices that few people would be capable to make.

Besides that, her coolness factor goes through the roof.

I mean, she is a freaking Dragon Knight.

She wears awesome wine-red armor (that looks pretty pinkish in her dialogue sprite for some reason) that goes well with her red hair.

And of course, she can use Axes.

Add in the fact, that she is also an completely awesome unit and no other character even comes close.

Easily Jill.

As far as being a character is concerned, she is very important.

She is the only person in the mercs to actually be a Daein. (Sothe and Zihark don't count.) As such she does a great deal to humanize the enemy country.

She shows that they aren't just a bunch of chaotic evil demons that whose live doesn't matter.

And by extension that in a war, even the good guys will cause harm.

And she shows, that wanting to do the right thing might require huge sacrifices. Sacrifices that few people would be capable to make.

Besides that, her coolness factor goes through the roof.

I mean, she is a freaking Dragon Knight.

She wears awesome wine-red armor (that looks pretty pinkish in her dialogue sprite for some reason) that goes well with her red hair.

And of course, she can use Axes.

Add in the fact, that she is also an completely awesome unit and no other character even comes close.

I am agreeing with pretty much everyting you said, however you are making a certain general very sad for not mentioning him when talking about Dain units.

Jill isn't my favorite, but she does come close. her conversation with Ashnard was pretty awesome/funny.

Edited by Sasori

I am agreeing with pretty much everyting you said, however you are making a certain general very sad for not mentioning him when talking about Dain units.

Jill isn't my favorite, but she does come close. her conversation with Ashnard was pretty awesome/funny.

Admittedly, I forgot about Tauroneo. :sweatdrop:

However, I still don't want to count him because he only joins when the country is subdued and the remaining battles are fought outside of Daein.

They are old news from that point on. So I think he is a bit too late to make one care much about the civilians at that point.

Shinon: He's a witty jerk with some secret soft spots (Rolf, Gatrie), and he's got skills to back that up. Plus, he isn't automatically in love with/worships the male lead (Ike) and never does, and he's intelligent enough to understand his jerkiness, yet accepts it anyway. I think his one-sided feelings of sibling rivalry with Ike, disdain for "adults", yet admiration for wise people makes him a complicated character. It seems to me that he and his own father or parents didn't have a good relationship, and that he was possibly abused or forced to do some horrible stuff in the name of survival (convo with Rolf), but he found a father figure in Greil (and somewhat of one in Janaff later). His jerkiness is a source for hilarity. Plus points!

Volke: SO COOL. SO MYSTERIOUS~! Why is he a "fireman"? what does he need all that gold for? Why does it seem like he might be a branded? Or has a bloodpact on him? He was chosen by Greil to kill him, which means he must be special in some way! Plus, he's funny when he tries to be a jerk. Plus points!

Calill: She's hilarious! Her overconfidence is also backed by her skills. You notice how she's B class in all her magics and the fact that she chooses to stab people with knives? That woman definitely has trained herself to be well-rounded. And deep down, she's a great person, putting other people first when ti comes to their dreams and romances. A wise and seasoned teacher to snot-nosed newbie mages! And then she adopts a branded kid. (She would have seen Amy's body enough to know about markings, and she already knows about Spirit Pacts, so if Amy has a brand, she'd figure it out, I think!). Nothing but classs~~

I also like Mia and Marcia for being kind of stupid genki girls that lead to laughs as well.

Edited by Prax

A bunch of technical things in FE don't make sense lol. Like Mist or Mia being able to wield Alondite for instance. Yeah, that sword is heavy as hell, man. There's no way they should logically be able to wield it.

Just because someone's muscles don't show, doesn't mean that they aren't strong. By your logic, Eliwood shouldn't be able to carry Durandal, Lyn shouldn't be able to carry the Sol Katti, and Ray shouldn't be able to carry the Apocalypse tome. Just saying.

People also shouldn't carry 4 steel blades/pole axes/great lances on their person at once, but I digress.

Just because someone's muscles don't show, doesn't mean that they aren't strong. By your logic, Eliwood shouldn't be able to carry Durandal, Lyn shouldn't be able to carry the Sol Katti, and Ray shouldn't be able to carry the Apocalypse tome. Just saying.

People also shouldn't carry 4 steel blades/pole axes/great lances on their person at once, but I digress.

Yeah, but Mist and Mia's arms are scrawny as hell. Especially Mist's. And honestly, it seems rather unrealistic for Eliwood to wield Durandal with one hand. Two hands, he might be able to pull that off.

Moving on, it's hard to pick a definite favorite, but there's Shinon, Volke, Kieran, Oliver and Largo that I really enjoy, usually for comedic reasons, but I've enjoyed using them as units even if a few of them aren't exactly great.

frieda.png

She looks black to me. :P

Nah, more half-cast I'd say. Like, one black parent, one white parent. She's too milk chocolate to be properly black, and her facial features don't look 'black'. I mean, Devdan isn't exactly uber dark chocolate (like, 90% cocoa bars), but his features make him look pretty African (don't want to go into detail incase people start thinking I'm racist).

Nah, more half-cast I'd say. Like, one black parent, one white parent. She's too milk chocolate to be properly black, and her facial features don't look 'black'. I mean, Devdan isn't exactly uber dark chocolate (like, 90% cocoa bars), but his features make him look pretty African (don't want to go into detail incase people start thinking I'm racist).

This is Japan, man. Just look at their anime.

Besides, if anything she'd be a half asian/half black.