The Juice has Arrived!

Juice el Savior

Hi guys,

Suppose I will tell you a bit about myself first. I am 25, male, 6'4" and 300 lbs. A beard that puts your grandparents to shame as well...

I take care of my disabled parents full time and I also am a Loss Prevention Coordinator for a Fortune 500 company that has some stores here in the Armpit of America... aka CHARLESTON, WV

Charleston sucks, nothing to do other than work. When I am not attending to the life I have I like to get lost in videogames, its been a positive mechanism for me to battle depression (which I have and which I am open to discuss if you wish). With both parents being disabled, they typically have the run of my time and my house. I dont play console games until after hours and even then I am usually too tired to get into anything much.

This brings me to Serene's Forest :)

SRPGs have always been my favorite genre of videogames. They dominate my favorite games of all time list:

1.) Final Fantasy Tactics

2.) Shining Force I and II (I count them both because when I finish one I pick up the other)

3.) Resident Evil 2

4.) Fire Emblem (7? I am still learning with the names so please dont hate... the first US FE)

5.) Advanced Wars

6.) Tactics Ogre: LUCT

7.) Counter Strike: Global Offensive (this updates as CS updates lol)

8.) Perfect Dark

9.) Skyrim

10.) Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

I enjoy anything that can really get the brain moving with an outstanding story and I feel like this is probably the best genre for that...

I play almost exclusively on my Xperia Play these days, down time at work and mom and dad owning the HDTV (that the sexbox360 is connected to) all day pretty much forced that on me, but that's fine. I once did Pre-Trial time on home confinement for a year (all charges were dropped... once again I am an open person so ask away if you must) with nothing but a modded DS (i still have 2 of them actually... got one for mom, she loves the Mama series of games i.e. Cooking Mama) because I had to sell alot of what I owned just to pay the blasted home confinement fees. A friend hooked them up with emulators and I managed to run through FF1-6, FFMQ, FE HHM, FESS HM (both routes), Shining Force GBA, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, and Phantasy Star 1-4 all in just one year. One game at a time. So I kinda love and am used to playing emulators all day (also i didn't use save states, I dont believe in them other than for back up purposes and a GBA eeprom does that just fine.).

I want more out of the Fire Emblem series and I know this is the place to help me out and to keep a few discussions going. Do you realize I had recruited Jaffar on accident? I never played through FE until about 3 years ago and I really (to this day) can not believe that it has slipped through my fingers like it has.

I guess that is it for introducing myself and my playing habits, I suppose I now have a few questions for you guys (no gals on the internet still right?)

1.) Favorite FE and why

2.) Least Favorite FE and why

3.) Where should I start? Or Which games are directly related?

4.) What is your favorite hack and why

5.) First FE recommendation for me ... and why :l

Im currently playing through FFTA (I know, so childish... only 6 hours in and I feel way to OP already) Blazer's The Last Promise

The Last Promise is so good its making me want to go back and play FE and FE:SS again, and I havnt in nearly three years now.

tl;dr

Hi! I talk alot! I wish to be an active member of this forum!

What SNES FE game should I play first?

I would like to add than I am a creative writing enthusiast and I am learning (Blazer's fault for making TLP so BA) that I am throwing my hands into the mod scene... always wanted to make an SRPG and this seems like the easiest way currently. I use easy loosely of course, I will say that MUGEN devoured my soul and I , in turn, raped it inside and out as well.

Cheers!

You provided a lot of interesting information, so the least I can do is respond to your post.

1.) Currently, Fire Emblem Seven is my favorite, mostly because I like the characters so much, although Awakening really looks like it has a chance to steal that title. Although we'll have to wait and see about that.

2.) I like all of them, because they're either all fun story-wise, or game play-wise. I guess maybe the BS Fire Emblem series, because it's BS.

3.) Six is basically a sequel to Seven, or Seven is a prequel to Six. Basically, Roy is Eliwood's son. Three is the sequel to One, and Four and Five are closely related. The first five games all take place in the same world, along with Awakening, although they aren't all about the same group. Ten is the direct sequel to Nine, and Eight is left all by itself. Eleven and Twelve are remakes of One and Three, so if you're interested in playing an updated version along with extremely high difficulty, go there.

4.) Most of the time, I don't play hacks, but I have played a few. I would need to know if you were looking for something difficult, or something with a lot of story, or something else entirely, before I suggest anything.

5.) If possible, play Eleven, or Shadow Dragon, on Hard 5, or Merciless Mode. If you manage to beat it, your skills will improve a lot.

You seem like an interesting person. Welcome to SF.

As for questions, I'll bite.

1.) Favorite FE and why: FE4, replayability, likable cast, pairing ssytem, Aideen. Gen 1 kind of sucks though beause it's always the same.

2.) Least Favorite FE and why: FE7. Found it boring and didn't care for most of the cast.

3.) Where should I start? Or Which games are directly related? FE7 is a prequel to FE7, the rest of the games aren't realted to Elibe.

4.) What is your favorite hack and why: The S FACTOR. What, you meant FE? Oh. The Shin Patch, of course! I haven't really played many hacks though.

5.) First FE recommendation for me ... and why :l: Well if you're new to the series, FE8 is certainly an easy way to get into it. Fe7 has Tutorial mode though. It's called Lyn Mode.

Welcome to Serenes! And sure, I'll answer your questions.

1.) Favorite FE and why

2.) Least Favorite FE and why

3.) Where should I start? Or Which games are directly related?

4.) What is your favorite hack and why

5.) First FE recommendation for me ... and why :l

1. My favorite FE is a tie between FE4 and FE7. They're both equally awesome, and I can't really decided which I like better. I like FE4 a lot because it has awesome music, it isn't too hard but not too easy either, has likable characters (Fin, Patty), has one of the best plots in a video I've played, and is just an amazing game. FE7 is the FE I've replayed the most, has awesome characters (Wil, Priscilla), great music, a pretty good plot, and it has a good range of difficulty. I also really like the support conversations of the game.

2. FE6 is my least favorite. Its hit rates are terrible, the vast majority of the characters are bland, and not to mention the games has a lot of bad characters. Sure, the game has some pretty memorable music and it's a good challenge, but the cons outweigh the pros for me.

3. FE1 is related to FE2 and FE3 (the sequel of FE1), FE4 is related to FE5 (FE5 takes place during FE4), FE6 is related to FE7 (FE6 is the sequel to FE7), FE9 is related to FE10 (FE10 is the sequel to FE9), and FE11 and FE12 are remakes to FE1 and FE3 respectively. FE8 is the only game in the series not related to anything, since FE13 has ties to FE1/FE3/FE11/FE12. I'd start with FE8.

4. My favorite hack? I guess The Last Promise. I don't really play too many hacks that aren't Reverse Recruitment.

5. Again, FE8. It's among the easiest, and it's a great way to get into the series.

Edited by ZM456

Thanks for all the replies already!

Someone already mentioned Shin Patch once in the chatrooms...

can anyone give me a link to it?

I think im gonna start FE4 first; if the Shin patch wont make it debilitatingly hard then I will apply it first.

ill be back throughout the day and my facebook is http://www.facebook.com/bigjuiceuc if anyone wants to add me or talk directly (i.e. FB chat is always on...)

• 2 weeks later...