Weapon Level Limits/Other Questions Too

ShinKuma

I know some time ago on a forum far far away someone posted data on having unpromoted units possibility of getting S rank and allowing any class to be able to S rank any number of weapons they want. I am just inquiring to see if someone has that information and if so could provide it to me?

Also I am looking for the sound fix patchs that were provided for FE7 Found it.......

oh, i'm all for using the search function - don't get me started on people too lazy to use the Search! But i'm also one for posting resolutions to my own answers in the thread so that people in the same predicament know how to fix it.

Thanks anyway, haha :)

Simply they add sound to some of the animations like the Eckesachs wave for FE7 Aircaliber for FE8 and the SoS Fire for both FE7/8. The sound normally cuts off if you use these animations.

• 1 month later...

did you try making the class have a base S rank? IIRC the character weapon level can never be less than the class weapon level sooooooo :|

haven't actually tested or found any evidence of this but it's the only guess I got since I've been in the community since forever and I don't remember any ASM hack regarding this :\

did you try making the class have a base S rank? IIRC the character weapon level oIcan never be less than the class weapon level sooooooo :|

haven't actually tested or found any evidence of this but it's the only guess I got since I've been in the community since forever and I don't remember any ASM hack regarding this :\

Im pretty sure char weapon rank overwrites class weapon rank unless promoting and you fall under.

Coulld use confirmation.

It's wasn't really any ASM involved it was like changing a couple bytes at a couple offsets and you could make unpromoted units get S rank and get multiple S ranks on characters.

Wish my old computer didn't shit bricks on me or I'd be good now.

Yeah, character weapon rank overrides class rank UNLESS you set character rank to --, in which case class rank will take precedence. Basically you can give a Valkyrie an E in staves but you can't make her not be able to use staves at all.

It's wasn't really any ASM involved it was like changing a couple bytes at a couple offsets and you could make unpromoted units get S rank and get multiple S ranks on characters.

i have to wonder how you can draw the conclusion that 'changing a couple bytes' != asm

anyway i'll look into it this weekend, the weapon level++ routine shouldn't be too hard to find probably not