Your favourite Lords

Murdok Dracul

67 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Lords

Nice simple question. Sure, it's probably been done before, but I've not seen it anywhere and I wanted to know just why people tend to like certain Lords and dislike others. You can choose as many Lords as you want, but give reasons for your choices.

Note: for the purposes of my thread, this little lady...

001.jpg

...is considered a Lord. If thou dost arguest with the opinion of mine all-powerful, all-knowing mind, I shall rather impolitely ask over and over again for this thread to be locked, but it won't be because the argument will just be too juicy and compelling to give up on. No, I've never heard an argument described as 'juicy' either, but for some reason it feels right. Maybe I've been looking at that picture of Dark Mage Micaiah for too long.

I'll kick it off and say my favourite Lords are Ike, Celica and Lyn.

Ike because I think he's anything but a 'Gary-Stu' like people tend to say. He has the most unique personality of all the Lords, in my opinion, and he's interesting in that he's the only one who's not a royal. Also, my first FE was Path of Radiance.

Celica due to her amazing sword+sorcery class. She owns everyone in her half of Gaiden, and she rocks that pink hair.

Lyn because she's the only Lord to have something of the Assassin class about her - or at least that's how I see the Blade Lord class. It's possible that her class inspired FE13's Assassins' ability to wield bows, which was an awesome decision on Intelligent Systems' part.

Et tu? (Remember, I encourage you to discuss your opinions and explain why you may agree or disagree with one another without scratching each other's faces off with proverbial Laguz claws. I do not encourage you to have a paddy fit.)

Edited by Murdok Dracul

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your spoiler is broken. It might just be my laptop, though.

Anyway, Micaiah, Ephraim, Celice. In that order, I think.

EDIT: oh you want reasons ok gimme a sec

EDIT2: Micaiah because she's cute as hell and the whole magicy lord thing isn't done enough or well enough. Celica made a pretty strong showing but that game was Gaiden so Micaiah wins in that department. Also, tits, but that's later.

Ephraim because Ephraim is so ...so ...sexy. Like, wow. Straight guy to straight guy, I still think he's a massive hunk. Plus, foot lancers are a little bit boner for me, and Ephraim himself is also a spectacular unit.

Celice is the lord of Gen 2 in any way you want to mean that, and Gen 2 is amazing and so is Celice. Also, ponytail.

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

Oh, my spoiler is broken. Uh...what do I do...mellow.gif

Hm. Fixed. It seems to have been because I left the Bold and Underline on when I typed

. That's odd.

I've noticed that King Marth 64 has gone and voted for everyone. Good move, sir. I don't suppose you'd like to offer an explanation for each? :P

Edited by Murdok Dracul

Sigurd is one of the few game characters I know that gets married and has a kid mid-game, and he does it while trying to fairly govern conquered peoples, so props for that. I also think the "some ne'er-do-well's messing with my buds? fuck the politics, WE RIDE" attitude he has, though it's ultimately a tragic flaw, is both funny and awesome, if a bit cliche.

He's like Alexander the Great, if Alexander was actually unambitious and way too nice

okay maybe not

Counting silly prejudice, Hector because nostalgia, axes, just-big-enough-mouth, and blue

Masked Marth = Lucina as well.

if masked marth = lucina, why are you complaining that there isn't a lucina option when there is a masked marth option? seriously.

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

Micaiah is my favorite Lord. She's different. I dont care if some think shes a mary sue.

Ike is also one of my faves. Idk, probably because hes a strong unit.

Marth is one of my favorites because of smash bias. Although I dont like him much in Shadow Dragon.

[spoiler=FE13 spoilers beware]

Lucina because shes badass and I love how she looks. Also, love the chapter 13 scene.

Because maybe I think it should say Lucina instead?

the fact that we're having this conversation in spoiler tags itself means that it should say Masked Marth. This is extremely simple logic. You even started it.

EDIT: Put it this way. Everybody who knows Lucina = Masked Marth will see Masked Marth and think Lucina. People who have managed to NOT spoil FE13 (yes, they exist and are here still) will see Lucina listed as a Lord and that itself is an FE13 spoiler afaik. There is literally nothing lost by having it say Masked Marth and a hypothetical loss for it to say Lucina.

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

the fact that we're having this conversation in spoiler tags itself means that it should say Masked Marth. This is extremely simple logic. You even started it.

EDIT: Put it this way. Everybody who knows Lucina = Masked Marth will see Masked Marth and think Lucina. People who have managed to NOT spoil FE13 (yes, they exist and are here still) will see Lucina listed as a Lord and that itself is an FE13 spoiler afaik. There is literally nothing lost by having it say Masked Marth and a hypothetical loss for it to say Lucina.

You do have a point. Fine. xP

Anyway, I voted Ike and Ephraim, but I already explained why like them in the other favorite lords thread, which this thread really should be merged with. I don't know why it hasn't already been done. xP

Anyway, I'll explain who my least favorite lord is instead. Lyn is my least favorite because I just find her and her part of FE7 rather boring. I realize that the goal of one of my OCs is similar to hers, and I do think the concept of Lyn's story is interesting. I just think it could've been pulled off a lot better. And I just don't see anything interesting about Lyn's character. She feels like a generic Myrmidon to me, at least until she becomes a Blade Lord way later in the game. But even then, I don't see why she gets bows and I don't see why the class is called Blade Lord when Lyn is pretty much already a "blade lord" from the beginning since she's a lord that uses swords. Not to mention bows aren't even a kind of blade. It would've made more sense for Lyn to get lances instead.

(However, if I considered Micaiah to be a lord, which I don't, she'd be my least favorite by far. I utterly hate her.)

Edited by Anacybele

Micaiah because she's different, and I like different.

Celica because her FE13 art is <3

Sigurd because... he's Sigurd (best reasoning)

Alm because he gets bows on promotion

Masked Marth because... do I really have to say why? :P

I also like that she's a female sword lord done right (read as: not as strong as a piece of wet paper), and she's also best sword lord because of that. :>

Edited by HORSEBIRD

Lyn gets bows because she's from Sacae. Most fighters use bows in Sacae. Nomadic Troopers also use swords and bows.NewYearsEmoticon.gif It would make absolutely 0% sense for Lyn to get lances. "Blade Lord" is just a class name anyway. It's not important.

Edited by Axie

Anyway, I voted Ike and Ephraim, but I already explained why like them in the other favorite lords thread, which this thread really should be merged with. I don't know why it hasn't already been done. xP

That would be fine, but I haven't seen a favourite Lords thread on the site recently; if there is one I imagine it's a dead thread. Could you maybe find it and put a link to it here so we know exactly what you mean, please?

Anyway, I'll explain who my least favorite lord is instead. Lyn is my least favorite because I just find her and her part of FE7 rather boring. I realize that the goal of one of my OCs is similar to hers, and I do think the concept of Lyn's story is interesting. I just think it could've been pulled off a lot better. And I just don't see anything interesting about Lyn's character.

That's cool. What is it exactly about her character that you don't like? And is there anything you can suggest that you think could have been added to or taken way from her story to make it better? I'm also interested in this OC of yours, and I'd ask about him/her, but I guess that would be going off-topic.

(However, if I considered Micaiah to be a lord, which I don't, she'd be my least favorite by far. I utterly hate her.)

Yeah, you've made that pretty clear to us all, I'm sure. laugh.gif

Oh, I haven't realized I didn't talk about my own vote. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Sigurd because of his personality and tragic journey. Also, it matters less to me than it seems to matter for most people, but it helps that Sigurd is a fucking badass in battle. He's always my strongest unit in Gen 1.

I like Roy's journey too; I feel sympathetic that he suddenly sees himself as an army commander at the age of 15 and makes everything work in the end. People complain he's boring and a shitty unit and promotes very late but I don't mind the gameplay aspects at all. It doesn't make him a less likable character to me. I think the supports that give second person view on Roy really help making him a likable leader. Also, Roy/Wolt is my OTP and I don't care if he has a harem of more reasonable female options.

Hector is a badass and that game really needed someone like him to interact with Eliwood and Lyn. I love every time Hector interacts with Lyn. His impulsiveness and lack of sensitivity really work for both comedy and seriousness.

Ephraim is also a badass and while he's more boring (because FE8 is more boring than other FEs in general), he's still quite interesting. I definitely like him way more than Eirika.

But I actually think Fire Emblem makes a good job with its main characters. I like almost all of them - I'm not really keen on Micaiah because she comes a bit out of nowhere being super special, but even she is not bad.

Edited by Axie

That would be fine, but I haven't seen a favourite Lords thread on the site recently; if there is one I imagine it's a dead thread. Could you maybe find it and put a link to it here so we know exactly what you mean, please?

It's still on the first page, lol. Just scroll down a bit.

That's cool. What is it exactly about her character that you don't like? And is there anything you can suggest that you think could have been added to or taken way from her story to make it better? I'm also interested in this OC of yours, and I'd ask about him/her, but I guess that would be going off-topic.

I'm not really sure. Maybe it's just that I've always liked male characters more than female ones. I'm not sure why this is either. I don't like men more than women or anything (except romantically), especially since I'm a woman myself. It's just that the only thing I liked about Lyn was her relationship with Hector. It was lolzy. As for how I would've changed the story, I would've added more true major antagonists to Lyn's story other than Lundgren, and I would've made her part a little longer and more suspenseful as well. For example, how cool would it be if someone pretended to side with Lyn, only to betray her later? I liked how Nasir did this to Ike in PoR, though he had a good reason for it and felt bad. Orson also did this to Ephraim in FE8, but it had little significance to the plot.

About my OC, if you're interested, I can send you a PM then (for the sake of fanfic spoilers).

Yeah, you've made that pretty clear to us all, I'm sure. laugh.gif

Heh, indeed. Just to clarify though, I don't think Micaiah isn't a lord just because I dislike her. I've never considered her a lord even before I formed a final opinion of her.

Ephraim is 'Damn the torpedoes!' in blue-haired spearman form. Sigurd's another straightforward hard man. Meanwhile, I like how Leaf actually has to deal with being a largely incompetent chucklefuck and has no actual leadership of his own (remember, his stars are dependent on his advisors), but FE5 does show his growth into someone strong and capable.

It's still on the first page, lol. Just scroll down a bit.

Oh yeah, my mistakesweatdrop.gif. Still, t'other one's last comment is about three weeks old, the thread starter didn't ask for explanations, and only allowed one favourite. The way I see it, a lot of people are bound to have more than one favourite, so giving multiple choices allows for a fairer result, correct? Good on you for pointing it out though.

I still don't know where you're getting this so-called bias from.

Found it!

(yes i have been just /waiting/ to be able to do this)

And Ephraim's hair is the same color as Eirika's, which is blue, so it is blue.

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

Three weeks isn't that long, imo. Forums usually let threads go for months before deciding that they're too old to be posted in anymore, lol. But whatevs.

EDIT: Mr. Sparkles, don't start that shit again. I just said that my opinion of Micaiah has nothing to do with why I don't consider her to be a lord.

And no, Ephraim's hair is more green than Eirika's. Eirika's is more blue.

Edited by Anacybele