Does this game have a Tower of Valni/Lagdou Ruins endgame available (apart from the map fights).

sumerian99

Hello.

So this game has random map fights, like in FE8. But my question is : are there specific zones available for challenge, leveling and item farming like in FE8, namingly the Tower of Valni and Lagdou Ruins? No need to tell me the exact names if there are such zones (anti-spoiler purposes).

Also, does the game allow you to keep playing around with your team and characters AFTER the main quest has been completed (DLC not included), again, as in FE8?

Basically what I dont want is the game to end after the main quest has been completed. I love being able to continue my own quest of messing around and owning enemies/monsters with my beloved characters : )

Thank you for your insight.

There isn't nothing that's a strict Tower of Valni copy in this game. The closest you get will be the DLC maps, which provide all of a challenge, experience and some of them even give you items.

For your second question, the game doesn't save after you beat the final boss, so every time you load your save file it will act as if the final boss hasn't been slayed. This is about as close to creature campaign as you'll get. So theoretically, the game never finishes. If you've played Paper Mario 64, they reused the same concept for Awakening.

There isn't nothing that's a strict Tower of Valni copy in this game. The closest you get will be the DLC maps, which provide all of a challenge, experience and some of them even give you items.

For your second question, the game doesn't save after you beat the final boss, so every time you load your save file it will act as if the final boss hasn't been slayed. This is about as close to creature campaign as you'll get. So theoretically, the game never finishes. If you've played Paper Mario 64, they reused the same concept for Awakening.

Thank you for your answer. May I ask a few other questions?

Are the DLCs replayable? Do you get to keep DLC characters in your team, outside of the DLC (in the regular game), after you've played them? Are the Map Battles challenging (as in sometimes strong enemies), interesting and diverse, with various settings and enemies?

Edited by sumerian99

DLCs are replayable indefinitely, and only need to be paid for once.

Each DLC bundle gives you a character reward, and some give you additional content like skills or special class changing items. Once you've completed the map, everything in the bundle is yours for the main story.

I can't answer about the map battles because I don't have the game, and thus have yet to experience one.

Are the DLCs replayable?

Yes.

Do you get to keep DLC characters in your team, outside of the DLC (in the regular game), after you've played them?

Yes. They'll have that blue aura about them that sets them apart from the regular characters. Which of course, makes them unable to support.

Are the Map Battles challenging, interesting and diverse, with various settings and enemies?

Map battles are the same as in Sacred Stones. The enemies are random, but they're mostly the same. You cannot set anything via "I want this to happen, or we start on this end of the map, etc."

There are some interesting combinations, such as two enemy teams on the same map spot... or a merchant and enemy, and since you cannot access the shop until you kill the enemies or they disappear with time, you'll have to protect the merchant if you want access to the sale items.

You also team up with streetpass teams if they happen to be on the same spot as the zombies map battle enemies. You can fight them/hire them/etc. as normal AFTER you have teamed up with them. Also do note that any enemy drops that the ally streetpass team gets will be UNRECOVERABLE.

Other than those possible random events of two or more things competing for one spot on the map, the random map battles are entirely the same. You cannot change things other than your usual preparation screen abilities.

The usual drops for map battles include at least two small gold items (which you can sell for 1000 each). Possibly a nice weapon as well from the boss of the map battle.

The map battles also get harder as you move across the continent to the later chapter spots.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Yes.

Yes. They'll have that blue aura about them that sets them apart from the regular characters. Which of course, makes them unable to support.

Map battles are the same as in Sacred Stones. The enemies are random, but they're mostly the same. You cannot set anything via "I want this to happen, or we start on this end of the map, etc."

There are some interesting combinations, such as two enemy teams on the same map spot... or a merchant and enemy, and since you cannot access the shop until you kill the enemies or they disappear with time, you'll have to protect the merchant if you want access to the sale items.

You also team up with streetpass teams if they happen to be on the same spot as the zombies map battle enemies. You can fight them/hire them/etc. as normal AFTER you have teamed up with them. Also do note that any enemy drops that the ally streetpass team gets will be UNRECOVERABLE.

Other than those possible random events of two or more things competing for one spot on the map, the random map battles are entirely the same. You cannot change things other than your usual preparation screen abilities.

The usual drops for map battles include at least two small gold items (which you can sell for 1000 each). Possibly a nice weapon as well from the boss of the map battle.

The map battles also get harder as you move across the continent to the later chapter spots.

Thank you for your answers everybody. May I ask for a few precisions?

Are the items dropped/given in the DLCs of high quality (as in legendary weapons, gems, or high quality tomes, weapons, items? The Ruins provided quite valuable loot in FE8).

If two enemy teams are on a same spot, does that mean the amount of enemies will be doubled for the battle?

What are streetpass teams exactly? Do they belong to someone else, are they AI controlled or do they fall under your control once you hire them? Are they composed by regular characters or nameless, generic units? How come you can hire them AND fight them (precisions please). Im still a bit confused about what they are.

Is the music epic and inspiring at times (FE7, 8 and 10 caliber). Is the story epic and mindblowing with massive unexpected turn of events (NO SPOILERS, just tell me if it is)?

Thanks again!

Edited by sumerian99

I've never played the game, so somebody else may be able to add more or correct anything I got wrong.

For the items you can get in DLC, most of the time they range from average to pretty good. One of the DLC gives you nothing but Legendary items, which is actually the point of that DLC.

If two enemy groups are on the same location, they will all appear during battle, meaning, yes, there should be around twice the normal number of enemies.

As for Streetpass, they're basically a team of characters made by another person that also has the game. The team appears on your world map, similar to the skirmishes, and you have a chance to fight the enemy team. it's made up of that player's version of the characters from this game, by the way. You also have the option to recruit the other player's My Unit as an extra unit for your own team.

Similar to the above, are Spotpass teams, which usually consist of one character with an icon and name, and generic units. If you manage to beat the entire team, you can recruit the leader of the army to your party. Oh, and they're all from past games, meaning you can recruit characters like Marth or Ike, among others.

the music of this game consists of both new versions of the tracks from older games, and some truly spectacular new pieces as well.

As for the story, all I can say is, yes.

I haven't bought the DLC yet. I wanted to play the first time all vanilla.

If two enemy teams are on a same spot, does that mean the amount of enemies will be doubled for the battle?

You'll fight both separate teams of enemies at the same time in the same map battle.

What are streetpass teams exactly? Do they belong to someone else, are they AI controlled or do they fall under your control once you hire them? Are they composed by regular characters or nameless, generic units? How come you can hire them AND fight them (precisions please). Im still a bit confused about what they are.

Streetpass teams are other people's FE13 team that you can fight controlled by the AI. However, it seems, that if they don't have an FE13 game when you pass a 3DS (doesn't matter what region) it seems a random team is generated for them and appears on your map.

For more info on what they actually are, go here:

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/communication.html#pass

They are composed of the regular characters... even spoiler characters when randomly generated. I don't know if DLC and Spotpass characters work on true teams... but there's no reason they shouldn't.

You can hire their specific My Unit character, and the gold depends on their stats. You can fight their team, however, and you can get them for free. Even if you don't recruit them on your team, you get to fight for EXP for your team, they can be hired later on in your communications menu (for gold of course), and you get Fame Bonus points you can use to obtain items via the communications menu. You get a whopping 50 points for beating a Streetpass team compared to the usual 10 for completing chapters and skirmishes.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/fame.html

Is the music epic and inspiring at times (FE7, 8 and 10 caliber)?

A certain chapter's map music after a story event made me cry. I am not ashamed to admit it. The piece was beautiful. It spoke to my soul.

Is the story epic and mindblowing with massive unexpected turn of events (NO SPOILERS, just tell me if it is)?

They pull some pretty weird crap. And I mean weird crap. It'll keep you interested in the very least to finish it.

In my case, I want to finish it freaking now, but I have homework and school obligations to prioritize. And it hurts.

I've never played the game, so somebody else may be able to add more or correct anything I got wrong.

For the items you can get in DLC, most of the time they range from average to pretty good. One of the DLC gives you nothing but Legendary items, which is actually the point of that DLC.

If two enemy groups are on the same location, they will all appear during battle, meaning, yes, there should be around twice the normal number of enemies.

As for Streetpass, they're basically a team of characters made by another person that also has the game. The team appears on your world map, similar to the skirmishes, and you have a chance to fight the enemy team. it's made up of that player's version of the characters from this game, by the way. You also have the option to recruit the other player's My Unit as an extra unit for your own team.

Similar to the above, are Spotpass teams, which usually consist of one character with an icon and name, and generic units. If you manage to beat the entire team, you can recruit the leader of the army to your party. Oh, and they're all from past games, meaning you can recruit characters like Marth or Ike, among others.

the music of this game consists of both new versions of the tracks from older games, and some truly spectacular new pieces as well.

As for the story, all I can say is, yes.

Thank you very much!

Do the Legendary items have unlimited uses once you get them or do they break? Or must you replay the DLC to get a ''new'' legendary (with max uses)?

Can you recruit an unlimited amount of ''My Unit'' from streetpass teams (since each could be different I assume)?

Spotpass teams have a leader with identity, name and image as you said. Is the character leading the generic units coming from another person's party? Is this unit a ''My Unit'' or a well defined character you yourself might recruit in the regular campaign?

Do the streetpass and spotpass systems work through wi-fi, meaning you get surprising diversity in the encounters you might face?

Are spotpass battles involving human generic enemies?

The map normal battles (non-spotpass) only include monsters/zombies (as in FE8), correct?

I just wanna know because in FE8 I grew bored of fighting monsters only, fighting human enemies is also fun.

Thank you for your future answers and sorry for being so curious!

Edited by sumerian99

None of the Legendary items have unlimited uses, but you can replay the DLC as much as you want, and you could always try to give the Weapon Saver skill to a lot of characters. At a high enough level, it's sort of the same, but for every weapon. (Or so I've heard.)

You can get a total of 20 bonus characters, meaning, extra My Units, Spotpass characters, and DLC characters. There are 120 Spotpass characters, around 16 DLC characters, and an infinite number of My Units you could get, so you'll have to choose wisely.

Nope, the characters are preset in a way, always having the same items and stats, as far as I know.

They both work through Wifi, but in different ways. Streetpass can be as different as the player that sets it up wants it to be. Spotpass is usually the same. Another thing worth mentioning is, you can play through the Spotpass battles as often as you want, so if the character you get dies, you can get them again.

Most of the Spotpass battles involve human characters with normal classes, such as Paladin, Pegasus Knight, and Sage, among the other obvious choices.

Edited by Strunk

None of the Legendary items have unlimited uses, but you can replay the DLC as much as you want, and you could always try to give the Weapon Saver skill to a lot of characters. At a high enough level, it's sort of the same, but for every weapon. (Or so I've heard.)

You can get a total of 20 bonus characters, meaning, extra My Units, Spotpass characters, and DLC characters. There are 120 Spotpass characters, around 16 DLC characters, and an infinite number of My Units you could get, so you'll have to choose wisely.

Nope, the characters are preset in a way, always having the same items and stats, as far as I know.

They both work through Wifi, but in different ways. Streetpass can be as different as the player that sets it up wants it to be. Spotpass is usually the same. Another thing worth mentioning is, you can play through the Spotpass battles as often as you want, so if the character you get dies, you can get them again.

Most of the Spotpass battles involve human characters with normal classes, such as Paladin, Pegasus Knight, and Sage, among the other obvious choices.

Thanks again!

I read the page giving details on the spotpass. Are the spotpass teams automatically generated onto the map once you are connected to wi-fi (almost being free ''DLC'' for 120 characters, omfg)? Or do you need to do something to make them appear (like go in the streets and hope to get by another guy who has Awakening, which is restrictive and annoying to be honest, I wanna stay home and enjoy content)? Same thing for Streetpass (are we connected to the entire planet's teams, hence facing endless choices of teams to fight alongside with and battle + endless choices of ''My Units'' to recruit and buy from?!).

If your 20 bonus slots are filled, do you need to make characters -die- if you want to recruit new ones 0_0?

If I understand well, if spotpass is going to generate 120 characters...It means...We can constantly face teams of human/monster enemies led by one of the 120 characters? Hence providing endless surprise and diversity to battles?!

One day we could be facing I dont know, uhh, Sain and his army and on the other we could be facing Tana and her army?

If that's how it is, damn it would be so freakin' amazing. Having such diversity in battles and bosses + recruitable characters.

Thank you for your answers.

Edited by sumerian99

The way Spotpass works is, once you're connected to Wifi, it downloads all of the Spotpass battles to your 3DS, and you can summon whichever ones you want at any time, so you get to pick who you fight as the leader. I'm fairly certain each leader has a unique group of units, as well.

You do in fact need to kill off your bonus characters if you have 20 and want to unlock more, but there is a feature where you can store up to 99 other bonus units and call them back into your party. It costs gold, sometimes a lot, but you get that exact unit at the same level and with the same stats that it had when you signed them into it. So, in a way, you could get 119 bonus characters.

Something like that, although Sain and Tana aren't available. Here's a list of all 120 Spotpass characters for you to look over. Note that there are spoilers for Awakening if you go to the part about Sidequests, but outside of that, you should be fine : http://fireemblemwiki.org/SpotPass

The way Spotpass works is, once you're connected to Wifi, it downloads all of the Spotpass battles to your 3DS, and you can summon whichever ones you want at any time, so you get to pick who you fight as the leader. I'm fairly certain each leader has a unique group of units, as well.

You do in fact need to kill off your bonus characters if you have 20 and want to unlock more, but there is a feature where you can store up to 99 other bonus units and call them back into your party. It costs gold, sometimes a lot, but you get that exact unit at the same level and with the same stats that it had when you signed them into it. So, in a way, you could get 119 bonus characters.

Something like that, although Sain and Tana aren't available. Here's a list of all 120 Spotpass characters for you to look over. Note that there are spoilers for Awakening if you go to the part about Sidequests, but outside of that, you should be fine : http://fireemblemwiki.org/SpotPass

Damn that's super duper amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game is AWESOME (I can tell, even though I havent played it yet, lol)!

Thank you so much for your answers!

You're welcome. I enjoy answering questions; it makes me feel more important than I am.

Also, I agree. This may end up being the best Fire Emblem yet. I'm definitely looking forward to playing it.

:D

Oh, oh and last thing, according to the streetpass info on Serenes Forest, you have to go ''by another player'' or something to meet their team on the world map. I quote : ''After passing another Awakening player''. Does that mean it works with LOCAL connection or WORLDWIDE connection? Otherwise im not gonna meet many teams from other players, if its only local and needs you to move around searching for people : (

Edited by sumerian99

The way it looks is, if there's anybody within a certain distance from you that owns a 3DS, they'll generate a Streetpass team, but only people that actually have the game and set up their team will have a completely unique team. Of course, there are a lot of preset teams with many different kinds of units and My Units being used, so even if none of the 3DS owners that live close enough to you have the game, the Streetpass feature should still be as useful as if they did. At the moment, I don't know how close you have to be to the people owning the 3DS system, but I imagine the distance is good enough to give you a few options for Streetpass battles on a regular basis.

The way it looks is, if there's anybody within a certain distance from you that owns a 3DS, they'll generate a Streetpass team, but only people that actually have the game and set up their team will have a completely unique team. Of course, there are a lot of preset teams with many different kinds of units and My Units being used, so even if none of the 3DS owners that live close enough to you have the game, the Streetpass feature should still be as useful as if they did. At the moment, I don't know how close you have to be to the people owning the 3DS system, but I imagine the distance is good enough to give you a few options for Streetpass battles on a regular basis.

Okay thank you ^^

Off to bed now!

If you already have 20 bonus characters and try to recruit a new one, you'll be prompted to delete one of the existing 20, so you don't actually need to kill them off. Of course, this is entirely optional; if you clear the SpotPass/DLC battle just for Exp, you can choose not to recruit the character and not have to delete one.

As for items in DLC, it's a bit inconsistent. The first two map sets, Spirit Talisman and King vs. King, take place on FE1's Ch1 and FE4's Prologue, respectively. As a result, they have two villages, which you can visit for random items each time you play the map, ranging from terrible (Wooden Stick) to awesome (Tomahawk, Fortify). Nothing you can't get outside of DLC, but plenty of things that are rather limited. The next two maps sets, Red vs. Blue and Light vs. Dark, take place on FE7's Final and FE9's Ch8, and so they don't have any villages with items.

Of course, this is all looking at just within the map. Several of these maps have their own unique prizes upon completion: The last map in each set gives you a scroll that teaches a skill you can only get through that DLC, for a total of four such skills, and the second King vs. King and Red vs. Blue maps have an item that allows characters to access a new class, adding two more classes, one for each character. (The classes are gender-specific, but every character can access one of the two.) For both types of items, you get one for each time you play through the map, so you can get as many copies as you want by playing through it repeatedly.

Now, those are the most standard sets. For the other maps, it gets a bit more irregular. In the Gold and Silver map, every enemy drops gold, which is the point of the map; you can get massive amounts of gold every time you play through it. Entombed Heaven throws a bunch of Entombed at you for Exp, but you don't get any items there. Infinite Divine Weapons is a much more difficult map with three chests, each one having a random, otherwise unique legendary weapon, although there are a couple of oddities tossed in as well. You also get a Silver Card for completing it, but you won't get more Silver Cards by replaying it if you still have the first one, since you don't have any use for multiple.

Then there's the Other-World Resort maps. In the first one, the boss drops a Master Seal as a bit of a random bonus, and oddly, the map has 18 event tiles instead of the usual 2, giving you a lot more chances for other random items, which you can get on any map. Can't say about the other two, as they're not out yet, but they should follow a similar pattern. The first two Ultimate Training maps have no items, other than the event tiles, which applies to all maps above as well. The third has two chests, which have their own random items, and seem to tend to be better than the ones in ST and KvK, which makes sense as a much higher-level map. The fourth isn't released yet, so who knows. And of course, with no Future of Despair maps out or even any information about the gameplay at all, we can't even guess about what those might have.

If you already have 20 bonus characters and try to recruit a new one, you'll be prompted to delete one of the existing 20, so you don't actually need to kill them off. Of course, this is entirely optional; if you clear the SpotPass/DLC battle just for Exp, you can choose not to recruit the character and not have to delete one.

As for items in DLC, it's a bit inconsistent. The first two map sets, Spirit Talisman and King vs. King, take place on FE1's Ch1 and FE4's Prologue, respectively. As a result, they have two villages, which you can visit for random items each time you play the map, ranging from terrible (Wooden Stick) to awesome (Tomahawk, Fortify). Nothing you can't get outside of DLC, but plenty of things that are rather limited. The next two maps sets, Red vs. Blue and Light vs. Dark, take place on FE7's Final and FE9's Ch8, and so they don't have any villages with items.

Of course, this is all looking at just within the map. Several of these maps have their own unique prizes upon completion: The last map in each set gives you a scroll that teaches a skill you can only get through that DLC, for a total of four such skills, and the second King vs. King and Red vs. Blue maps have an item that allows characters to access a new class, adding two more classes, one for each character. (The classes are gender-specific, but every character can access one of the two.) For both types of items, you get one for each time you play through the map, so you can get as many copies as you want by playing through it repeatedly.

Now, those are the most standard sets. For the other maps, it gets a bit more irregular. In the Gold and Silver map, every enemy drops gold, which is the point of the map; you can get massive amounts of gold every time you play through it. Entombed Heaven throws a bunch of Entombed at you for Exp, but you don't get any items there. Infinite Divine Weapons is a much more difficult map with three chests, each one having a random, otherwise unique legendary weapon, although there are a couple of oddities tossed in as well. You also get a Silver Card for completing it, but you won't get more Silver Cards by replaying it if you still have the first one, since you don't have any use for multiple.

Then there's the Other-World Resort maps. In the first one, the boss drops a Master Seal as a bit of a random bonus, and oddly, the map has 18 event tiles instead of the usual 2, giving you a lot more chances for other random items, which you can get on any map. Can't say about the other two, as they're not out yet, but they should follow a similar pattern. The first two Ultimate Training maps have no items, other than the event tiles, which applies to all maps above as well. The third has two chests, which have their own random items, and seem to tend to be better than the ones in ST and KvK, which makes sense as a much higher-level map. The fourth isn't released yet, so who knows. And of course, with no Future of Despair maps out or even any information about the gameplay at all, we can't even guess about what those might have.

Ooo, thanks for the extra details!

How does paying for DLC work? Do you pay for each map, for each theme (IE all spirit talisman maps) or for an entire batch (IE All of the second batch of dlc that included dream resort and the stuff in the future)?

Each map.