Newcomers That Are Practically Guaranteed to Be in SSB4

Randoman

I don't think Pac-Man will make it in. Not sure how they could possibly give him a decent moveset which conveys him and what he's about effectively.

Snake's and Sonic's special abilities were pretty creative and managed to keep it all really relative to the characters just as the SSB series should with their characters. I personally had no qualms with Snake being in SSBB, but I guess that's just because I like Solid Snake's character. I am also a fan of Sonic, so I wasn't disappointed there either.

Maybe I just don't know Mac-Man well enough to properly accept him, or something. Aside from eating ghosts n' stuff in some quasi-maze, what else does he do?

I don't think Pac-Man will make it in. Not sure how they could possibly give him a decent moveset which conveys him and what he's about effectively.

Snake's and Sonic's special abilities were pretty creative and managed to keep it all really relative to the characters just as the SSB series should with their characters. I personally had no qualms with Snake being in SSBB, but I guess that's just because I like Solid Snake's character. I am also a fan of Sonic, so I wasn't disappointed there either.

Maybe I just don't know Mac-Man well enough to properly accept him, or something. Aside from eating ghosts n' stuff in some quasi-maze, what else does he do?

From that 3D platformer game of his, he had quite a few moves.

B-up: Flip kick, kinda like ZSS's smash B, but more vertical height and can star KO.

Smash B: Rev Roll, with a biting property (like Wario) for everything he comes into contact with.

B: Pac-dot Shoot: Shoots a flurry of pac-dots. Spammable, but low range.

B-down: Butt Bounce, basically another type of ground pound, but weaker than Bowser's and Yoshi's and with a bouncing property.

Source: Pac-man Wiki

Pac-Man is probably one of the worst choices they can make, even if it is the only Namco representative that can realistically make it. Or maybe I'm just unimaginative.

Snake in Brawl still irks me to this day. His dark, realistic, uncolourful appearance makes him stick out like a sore thumb among the SSB cast, his realistic game universe is the exact opposite of what you'd expect from a fantasy game universe from a Nintendo game, he's way more of a Sony character than a Nintendo character, and he just plain doesn't belong in Smash Bros. I'm hoping Kojima is satisfied for getting his wish in Brawl and won't convince Sakurai to stick him in SSB4, especially since there's Playstation All Stars Battle Royale where Snake can be in a Smash Bros. like game where he won't be out of place.

realistic game universe

his game series barely has any fantasy-like elements to it unlike the various Nintendo franchises out there (whether they be sci-fi fantasy or magical fantasy)

^How to spot person who hasn't played MGS.

I think Pac-Man would actually be a good fit! :) He would definitely fit well with the Mario characters in particular. Of course, it depends if they make the game epic like brawl or more cartoony(?) like the previous ones. His final smash (if they keep those...) could be like, he eats a power pellet or something, and becomes Super Pac-Man!!! :D (I kind of feel like he'd be a lot like Sonic with his moves...)

Oh! and while he's Super Pac-Man, the other players could turn like blue and have the face the ghosts have when you get a power pellet! ^-^ (For fun really... xD)

I wasn't saying that Pac Man is likely to make it in. I was saying that he'd be the best character to use to represent Bandai Namco if a character from their company was to make it in, since as much as people want a Tekken or Tales representative, there's hardly anyone in those two games series that is as iconic or well known as Pac Man. He's also got plenty of moves he could use from the Pac Man World series, like Knife said.

How to spot person who hasn't played MGS.

I'm quite familiar with the series and I know it does have "fantasy-like" elements to it, such as Psycho Mantis' abilities and the technology in the game (such as the Metal Gear itself). Though compared to Nintendo game series, it's still much more realistic and less fantasy like compared to them, since Metal Gear Solid's setting and elements aren't that far off from current technology today. Metal Gear Solid as a series is relatively realistic when compared to other Nintendo series and the elements they contain like completely futuristic vehicles and ships being the norm, worlds that revolve around magic and gods, and an abundance of creatures, animals, and species that don't exist in real life.

I wasn't saying that Pac Man is likely to make it in. I was saying that he'd be the best character to use to represent Bandai Namco if a character from their company was to make it in, since as much as people want a Tekken or Tales representative, there's hardly anyone in those two games series that is as iconic or well known as Pac Man. He's also got plenty of moves he could use from the Pac Man World series, like Knife said.

I'm quite familiar with the series and I know it does have "fantasy-like" elements to it, such as Psycho Mantis' abilities and the technology in the game (such as the Metal Gear itself). Though compared to Nintendo game series, it's still much more realistic and less fantasy like compared to them, since Metal Gear Solid's setting and elements aren't that far off from current technology today. Metal Gear Solid as a series is relatively realistic when compared to other Nintendo series and the elements they contain like completely futuristic vehicles and ships being the norm, worlds that revolve around magic and gods, and an abundance of creatures, animals, and species that don't exist in real life.

Hey, be careful with that. You don't want to get Waha Punished.

I agree though Pac-Man is the best Namco candidate to put from a marketing standpoint due to his popularity. He has enough of a tie to Nintendo anyway, Shigeru Miyamoto stated that Pac-Man is his favorite character. Plus, he's completely feasible as a playable character because of his variety of moves from Pac-Man World.

Crash didn't even get into PlayStation All-Stars and he was the PS1's mascot and could rival any Nintendo mascot game in sales at the time. The chances of that happening are like 0%, and it'd probably make Nintendo fans rage more than they already do, lol.

Edited by Tangerine

Going back to strictly Nintendo characters, I think Little Mac has a very good shot at getting in. His only real weakness is that Punch Out is not very popular in Japan, but internationally Punch Out it is fairly popular.

>MGS

>realistic

This is a series that has a guy that has hornets that live in his body and he can control them and when he shouts "Tommy Gun!" they arrange into a shape of a tommy gun and then he uses them to shoot bees.

This should really be made into a separate topic if people are really insistant on further discussing this.

Going back to strictly Nintendo characters, I think Little Mac has a very good shot at getting in. His only real weakness is that Punch Out is not very popular in Japan, but internationally Punch Out it is fairly popular.

I doubt they'll make the characters, who didn't make the cut in Brawl and became assist trophies instead playable now.

For someone that's the poster boy of a rather well known series such as Punch Out, I'm sure there shouldn't be any problem bringing Little Mac from Assist Trophy Status to Playable Character status. If this was Waluigi or Barbara we were talking about, I'd understand them not making that transition, since they aren't iconic enough. But I think that Little Mac has a decent chance of being in SSB4, especially since he's an "old Nintendo character" and Sakurai said he was planning to bring them back. I wouldn't bet heavily on his inclusion like I would Krom or Zoroark, but he's got plenty of factors going for him.

• 2 months later...

People need to realize that this is Nintendo's series and Nintendo can do whatever they want to do. If they wamt to add third-party characters, don't bitch about that it should stay a pure Nintendo series. They're big boys and can decide for themselves what's good and bad. If Sonic or Snake exist, it really doesn't matter because people will still buy the game. Nintendo don't need defending of thier actions by you.

I'll never understand fanboys.

I'd be heavily surprised if Miis weren't playable. Wii Sports themed moveset, probably. Could be interesting.

My dream team would be Isaac, Paris (assuming he's the FE14 lord and retains axes, otherwise just keep Ike), Saki, Little Mac, Shulk, and the Animal Crossing villager. Realistically, we're probably looking at a 6th gen Pokemon, someone from Kid Icarus, a Mario character that isn't in the game yet, and probably another Star Fox character with the same bloody moveset.

(Oh, and if I could pick someone who had no chance whatsoever? Golden Sun's Alex. Yes.)

Little Mac sounds kind of an "eh" thing to happen.

I can see some really retro things coming back if he makes it;

Like Balloon Fighter, Bubble Bobble Dinosaurs, PAC-MAN, CONTRA SOLDIER DUDES, and etc.

• 1 month later...

If you're going to expect any playable Namco character, expect Pac-Man or KOS-MOS. They are by far Namco's most popular videogame characters.

The only thing adding a Tales character would accomplish is advertisement for the series, because they are more consistently released than Pac-Man, and KOS-MOS' series is retired (and all three were on a Sony console).

One thing's for certain; if Pac-Man isn't added, it's unlikely that any Namco character will be.

KOS-MOS KOS-MOS KOS-MOS YEEESSSSSS I only wish that amazing series got a reboot with the original plan of four games

i've already discussed this in another thread, but i personally believe that additions/removals/modifications will include

• adding Professor Layton
  • New addition from the Donkey Kong series, maybe Dixie Kong or something.
  • Zoroark, Mewtwo, or a representative from Pokemon 6th Gen will replace Lucario
  • An addition from the Metroid franchise
  • an addition from the Kirby franchise (because Sakurai is biased)
  • Falco and Wolf will be massively restructured or removed (most likely just restructured)
  • Mother will probably be reduced in representation, either Ness or Lukas will be removed
  • An addition from Animal Crossings
  • Chrom replaces Ike with similar moveset
  • Bayonetta if Nintendo decides to go third party (if something as stupidly out-of-place as Snake was added to the series, I can't see why Bayonetta couldn't, especially when Nintendo themselves expressed interest in the series. besides, the series needs more BAMF)
  • As far as third party, I don't see Snake returning.
  • Again, as far as third party goes, I see Megaman appearing, and quite possibly Pac-man.
  • Toon link will most likely be removed, but they'll definitely add another zelda character if they do. I suspect Ghirahim(sp?) because ham. Or Impa, although i wouldn't know how they would differentiate her from Sheik
  • a representative from WarioWare, most likely Mona. although i don't really see this very likely. she would have a whacked out moveset though

Edited by Liz

My optimistic wish for Fire Emblem inclusion is Chrom, and Marth, however, Marth is Masked Marth instead, including the same moveset as before. Obviously, Critical Hit would be changed, probably for some kind of Aether, perhaps cloning Chrom's inevitable Aether Final Smash. Barring that, Masked Marth is an alternite costume for Marth.

I think a 6th gen Pokemon is all but guaranteed, they need to advertise X and Y. I think they may drop Lucario or Jigglypuff in favour of something in the 6th gen.

I think a 6th gen pokemon will replace Lucario. They are probably going to cut down on characters because I believe Sakurai said he wanted to go a more balanced roster. I think Megaman will be the new 3rd party representative also I want there to be more ranged characters. I think Pit will get a restructured to fit his uprising self such as at close range he would use a blade while at long range he would use a bow.