Fire Emblem 12 Portrait Editing

RevenantGenesis

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like better?

Recently i've started getting into hacking Fire Emblem roms because I have been playing the series since i was young. I have no problems hacking the GBA games, but i cant find a program to edit any in game graphics for at least Fire Emblem 12. Im trying to make Marth into Roy from Kakusei, and since i've had the idea to do so its put a hault on my game play because of how much cooler Roy is than Marth imo. If someone could lead me in the right direction in what to do I would appreciate it.

W u t.

You do realize that you need to either be really good at AAing or have something like Photoshop or GIMP to mess with anything that isn't pixel art, right? That aside, I can't understand the question. And why is this poll even pertinent to the discussion?

Um

I would probably try something simpler before doing FE12 Portrait Editing

To start with, there are no programs specific to hacking DS Fire Emblem games except for the translation project's text editor. There are some Nightmare Modules I made (check google) but they only edit some basic things like stats and whatnot. As for portraits, you'd have to learn how to use graphic programs and a hex editor and manually rip them, format them, and re-insert them, which is a bit of work. XP I can't help you too much there as I'm too busy to be teaching such things (or else I'd have probably written a tutorial on it or something, not that anyone really hacks the DS FE games besides like me, Vincent, NTG, and a couple other randompeople).

Um

I would probably try something simpler before doing FE12 Portrait Editing

To start with, there are no programs specific to hacking DS Fire Emblem games except for the translation project's text editor. There are some Nightmare Modules I made (check google) but they only edit some basic things like stats and whatnot. As for portraits, you'd have to learn how to use graphic programs and a hex editor and manually rip them, format them, and re-insert them, which is a bit of work. XP I can't help you too much there as I'm too busy to be teaching such things (or else I'd have probably written a tutorial on it or something, not that anyone really hacks the DS FE games besides like me, Vincent, NTG, and a couple other randompeople).

Okay i'll check them out, but i think i may have all your modules already lol and i've dipped into changing stats and growths and stuff. I actually do know how do to hex and all that, because im a veteran to Super Smash Brothers Brawl hacking. I have photoshop CS6 along with whatever else i'll need, so im no noob, im just new to DS specifically. But ive followed what you guys have done a little but i guess i'll have to venture into hex myself.

W u t.

You do realize that you need to either be really good at AAing or have something like Photoshop or GIMP to mess with anything that isn't pixel art, right? That aside, I can't understand the question. And why is this poll even pertinent to the discussion?

Animating fire emblem animations are cake in comparison to making an entire 3d character for brawl.

The poll was just for fun BTW, I didnt realize i needed a reason to post one.

Edited by RevenantGenesis

• 5 months later...

Hey i just wanted to say that I successfully figured out portrait editing on my own, and have been doing custom animations for FE12. Everyone on this site is a stuck up dick, and 95% of you are probably fat, total nerds in "real life" which would explain the lack of people skills exuded by everyone. Im never logging on to this site again. Good riddance everyone. NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Yay FE hacking!

Never logging in again?

Sounds great

I bet people wish I would do that

I'm also totally fat and a geek (not a nerd, I'm not smart), you were almost right [/sarcasm]

tbh I don't even know why you're mad, maybe because I said I was too busy with that social life that I apparently don't have to teach you, trololol

EDIT: tang I think it's hilarious that you edited Cam's post and then called me out for a "wonderfully informative post" (sarcastically-speaking) but do be sure to correct it eventually or I will be butthurt :P unless you actually meant me in which case I should go kill myself now

Edited by Burning Gravity

-_-

you guys are a joke

especially since I can't tell if that edited in remark was sarcastic or not... and if I'm understanding this right it's responding to a several-month-old post to boot >_>'

It's not sarcastic or serious, I didn't even read any posts in this thread; I just looked at who posted and picked a name to say :P!

Goodness, this thread is the best. I'm glad it's old and there is no legitimate discussion in the thread or I'd be sad we derailed it with shenanigans.

Too bad now I'm the one who is gonna get a spanking from eCut. Just don't touch my beautiful warn history! Don't break up the luv.

Edited by Tangerine