I have been taking logic lessons

ragnell.

I pass math or my parents give me a present in Christmas. If my parents do not love me then they do not give me a present in Christmas. In consequence, I pass math or my parents love me.

Guess if this is a tautology, a contradiction or a contingency :D

I pass math or my parents give me a present in Christmas. If my parents do not love me then they do not give me a present in Christmas. In consequence, I pass math or my parents love me.

Guess if this is a tautology, a contradiction or a contingency :D

X or Y

If not Z then not Y

---

X or Z

Assume not Z.

then not Y follows.

Since not Y, then from X or Y, X follows.

By disjunction introduction X or Z follows.

Assume Z.

X or Z follows by disjunction introduction.

X or Z follows.

Tautology.

Edited by Balcerzak

The Big Bad Wolf will succeed in eating all the Three Little Pigs just in case either he is able to catch them all off guard or the first Little Pig, Cyril, cannot complete his brick house in time. However, even if Cyril does complete his brick house in time, the Big Bad Wolf will be able to consume all three pigs if either the second Little Pig, Porcina, continues to live in her straw house, or the third Little Pig, Hogarth, keeps up the foolish habit of riding his unicycle late at night. Unfortunately for the Three Little Pigs, if Porcina stops living in her straw house, then Hogarth will be sure to continue his nighttime unicycle rides. As a result, it appears that the Big Bad Wolf will succeed in his ghastly plans.

OK, I think I found a solution. For Ragnell's sake, I'll spoiler it.

Cyril should convince Porcina to move out, then knock out Hogarth and tie him up in his basement. None of the prerequisites for the Wolf eating the Pigs happen.

Tautology.

Balcerzak's was too wordy for me to digest at 2 am -- shit, it's 2 am already. Exams in six hours.. ...Perhaps I'd better get some sleep.

Oh well. Have fun folks.

Also, if I have fun, nobody else has fun. I have fun if I make bad jokes. Somebody will have fun.

What is the answer?

That's right, there was no question.

Edited by moneymatchKalle

1349039992[/url]' post='2142305']

The Big Bad Wolf will succeed in eating all the Three Little Pigs just in case either he is able to catch them all off guard or the first Little Pig, Cyril, cannot complete his brick house in time. However, even if Cyril does complete his brick house in time, the Big Bad Wolf will be able to consume all three pigs if either the second Little Pig, Porcina, continues to live in her straw house, or the third Little Pig, Hogarth, keeps up the foolish habit of riding his unicycle late at night. Unfortunately for the Three Little Pigs, if Porcina stops living in her straw house, then Hogarth will be sure to continue his nighttime unicycle rides. As a result, it appears that the Big Bad Wolf will succeed in his ghastly plans.

It is a tautology, isn't it?

Now let's play modeling and changing to Boolean expressions with SF members!

I will begin:

Tangerine wanted to escape to wonderland when she turned 15. When she arrived there, she met Nightmare and Raven, who would wait for her since she turned 15 and Esme got near Earth. Tangerine thought that the trip would be a magnificent experience unless she would meet La levedad who hated her since Tangerine turned 15. One necessary condition for Tangerine to reach wonderland is, that The Gentleman could reach her house when the day dies and L1049 magically appeared in her house. It is sufficient for L1049 to magically appear in Tangerine's house that The Gentleman is in her house and the day dies. Tomorrow is the third day of October and The Gentleman is in Tangerine's house when the day dies. So everything point that Tangerine will reach wonderland, will meet Nightmare, Raven and La Levedad who hated her since Tangerine turned 15.

time to turn it into a Boolean expression!

Edited by ragnell.

1349226698[/url]' post='2144461']

relevant

Hahahaha That comic was in the door of my Thermo teacher last trimester!

That made me remember that every day for a while after thermo, my friends and I would eat at the cafeteria while talking about Carnot's machine and adiabatic processes problems....

It is a tautology, isn't it?

Now let's play modeling and changing to Boolean expressions with SF members!

I will begin:

Tangerine wanted to escape to wonderland when she turned 15. When she arrived there, she met Nightmare and Raven, who would wait for her since she turned 15 and Esme got near Earth. Tangerine thought that the trip would be a magnificent experience unless she would meet La levedad who hated her since Tangerine turned 15. One necessary condition for Tangerine to reach wonderland is, that The Gentleman could reach her house when the day dies and L1049 magically appeared in her house. It is sufficient for L1049 to magically appear in Tangerine's house that The Gentleman is in her house and the day dies. Tomorrow is the third day of October and The Gentleman is in Tangerine's house when the day dies. So everything point that Tangerine will reach wonderland, will meet Nightmare, Raven and La Levedad who hated her since Tangerine turned 15.

time to turn it into a Boolean expression!

This may actually be based on a true story because I have magical powers.