[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

Does anyone know the bests emulators to use for Midnight Sun? I just got it today and my current emulator (Visual Boy Advance) cannot open it and doesn't support it.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, it looks like Cristoph attacks before Fa's animation is done playing, yeah. That's not quite how the pierce glitch works, I think? (The pierce glitch is when the unit attacks again before the HP bar is done scrolling from their previous attack, when a unit attacks twice in a row)

Edited by L95

• 2 weeks later...

So, this project will be finished in December, 2015. farewell, social life nngh

Final beta release.

Until then, we'll work in the shadows so get hyped and be surprised to see the new contents!

If you want to contribute to our motivation somehow, you can donate with the following link:

donate.png

This won't serve to make the game come out any earlier: it WILL be released anyway. It's just a token of appreciation for the work that is being made for this fan project.
Other than that, see you with the final release!
Edited by Alfred Kamon

Holy crap, it's being released in December? The final version?

You sir are awesome. Keep up the good work

Edited by Pixelman

So, this project will be finished in December, 2015. farewell, social life nngh

Final beta release.

Until then, we'll work in the shadows so get hyped and be surprised to see the new contents!

If you want to contribute to our motivation somehow, you can donate with the following link:

donate.png

This won't serve to make the game come out any earlier: it WILL be released anyway. It's just a token of appreciation for the work that is being made for this fan project.

Other than that, see you with the final release!

Whoah whoah whoah, don't work yourself into the ground! Obviously I have no idea how much progress you've made over the last few months, but if the hack length goal remains at roughly comparable to FE8's length, that much by 31st December might be putting too much strain on you...

Thank you very much for your support, guys! ^^

Of course it'll be hard, but I feel like this will be the only period of my life that will allow me to work at my best on this project.

Also it's been almost 4 years since I started working on this, and I want to move on...

I respect you fans, and I also respect the words I wrote in 2012 about working on this until it's finished, so... I'll deliver the finished product, no matter what!
If someone wanted to help with some animations and minor sprites it'd be great, since it'll take a while for me to make those while coding and writing.

I got brainwashed but I can't donate. (not an adult yet ;D)

But you'll have my full support for the release. I can playtest this if you want it with the silliest challenge possibles. :D

EDIT : HYPE IS REAL

Edited by Nintales

Alf, I don't mean to question your judgement but...really? December? Are you sure you don't want more time to do this? Perhaps take a break and get refreshed? What you've delivered to us already is some of the best and most thought out work I've seen and I really worry that quality may drop by trying to rush it out. And I do realize 3 1/2 months is still quite a while.

Of course it'll be hard, but I feel like this will be the only period of my life that will allow me to work at my best on this project.

This is all the motivation you need. Depending on what else you have left to do, you'll be able to finish in time. I look forward to the finished product!

Edited by Blademaster!

Believe in me guys.

I would be the first not being satisfied in a rushed work.

If I say this, it's because I think I can do it.

You can do iiiiiiit !

(That's a reference, along with an encouragement).

The hype is real! Just promise us one thing: If, when December comes, you feel like the game is unfinished and/or unpolished, please delay it until it's a finished quality product that you would be proud to present. Better delay a product and have it be amazing then rush it out and have it be bad/mediocre. (See: LoZ: Ocarina of Time and Sonic '06, respectively)

Edited by Xtremekiwi