[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please put down what chapter this happened, the emulator you're using (VBA, etc.), and the steps to reproduce the glitch?

I was using VBA (Not "VBA-M".) The Chapter was... 8. Chapter eight. The steps? I've opened the map in the preparation battle, and the glitch started. I've selected the units ecc. and i've pressed G (The L in a GBA) and the the glitch... Sglitched. (In Italy we put a S in some words --Like "Batti" [smash in English] and say "Sbatti" when we take a thing and then we use it to smash something... Or something like that. The word "Batti" in English is... Clap your hands "Batti le tue mani" or... I don't know. But i think you understand)

and i've pressed G (The L in a GBA) and the the glitch... Sglitched. (In Italy we put a S in some words --Like "Batti" [smash in English] and say "Sbatti" when we take a thing and then we use it to smash something... Or something like that. The word "Batti" in English is... Clap your hands "Batti le tue mani" or... I don't know. But i think you understand)

I like how the entire second half of this massive explanation could have been avoided by just spelling it "glitched"...

I was using VBA (Not "VBA-M".) The Chapter was... 8. Chapter eight. The steps? I've opened the map in the preparation battle, and the glitch started. I've selected the units ecc. and i've pressed G (The L in a GBA) and the the glitch... Sglitched. (In Italy we put a S in some words --Like "Batti" [smash in English] and say "Sbatti" when we take a thing and then we use it to smash something... Or something like that. The word "Batti" in English is... Clap your hands "Batti le tue mani" or... I don't know. But i think you understand)

Alfred's already aware of the glitch

I like how the entire second half of this massive explanation could have been avoided by just spelling it "glitched"...

You know, i won't seem... Crazy. That's just for... Meh. This is a serious problem of me. XD

I start talking about something and then i end with a completely different affermation. :Nino: Yup.

3bb9f85f4663ac3b5cf466bd5929db1b460213e3

(so many italians ide)

@Alfred

Project is going smoothlyyyyy ^_^ Good job! I love it, bae :3

Welll... Good job Alfred. I want to see the best Fire E mblem Hack in your's hands. *clap clap*

But if the Auto Cursor Glitch has been fixed, WHY is that happening again? (I'm in 1.2 version) uhhh the hack is orrible 07o 11!!1!!111!

If I understood well, you're experiencing a different glitch.

In the battle preps of chapter 8, if you select "View Map" before doing anything else, the cursor will start offscreen (that's because Hellios isn't on the map yet).

However, that glitch isn't game breaking at all and you just have to move the cursor to fix it, so I'll leave it as it is for now.

I'll probably re-think some of the first 10 chapters anyway, so I may fix it someday.

> The true autocursor glitch was game-breaking and it started at the beginning of your Player Phase. If you're experiencing that, please be a bit more accurate about your circumstances.

I've noticed that the songs are titled differently from what they're actually called. Is there a reason for that?

Creative Liberties <3

Also, this way people have to figure out where the tracks come from, and I find it delicious to see them struggle in the process, weheh /notsadisticIswear

Yo Alfred if I have Shiori use a healing item in the shrine the game hangs. Is there some weird AREA event doing that or should I just debug it myself?

That's really weird.

Let me understand, you just used a Vulnerary/Elixir in the cross-shaped area in the Shrine?

> Does that happen with other characters too or just with Shiori?

> What happens if Fa uses an healing item there? Does the game hang or does it go to the EndingScene?

3bb9f85f4663ac3b5cf466bd5929db1b460213e3

(so many italians ide)

@Alfred

Project is going smoothlyyyyy ^_^ Good job! I love it, bae :3

ITALIEEENS, ITALIENS EVERYWHERE

Thankies Nih! ^^

I might ask you for some help anytime soon if you don't mind

@Klok: Oh. Yo!

Edited by Alfred Kamon

That's really weird.

Let me understand, you just used a Vulnerary/Elixir in the cross-shaped area in the Shrine?

> Does that happen with other characters too or just with Shiori?

> What happens if Fa uses an healing item there? Does the game hang or does it go to the EndingScene?

Oddly enough I can't replicate it now; it might've just been a weird side effect to me constantly messing with the game code :P:

I'll let you know if it comes up again

Ok, Alfred, you've won. That Glitch -- it happened twice, but i can "Fix" it in a bit of seconds.

Btw, i'm trying to get all the finals in Chapter 2, but in Hard mode now. I've completed the first Final (The best final) and duplicated the file to get all the finals and proceed with the story. Now some question time!

Q: How can i import my saved data?

Q: But [spoiler ALERT]

But if the Warp Sword didn't broken before the Interlude, who will use the Warp Sword? I won't know the name of the character if it's a spoiler, but i want know if i can use it again in the future.

Q: Uhm... You talked about two monsters recruitable-- and you've created the F. Centaur, but she will be recruitable in version 2.0?

Last Question (Not important at all) : If the days of WinZip Evalution Mode (WinZip Gratis) will end, how can i do to Download the Patch?

I can use WinRar, but i have only 39 days left (All the prove-version).

Because i want SOOOOOO much to play this Hack. Again.

-Dom.

The Ice-cream that doesn't scream.

Edited by Domyce432

Ok, i will wait the end of the WinRar gratis version and then i will try 7zip.

EDIT: Oh my God.OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD! 7-zip is preinstalled or something? Because i didn't downloaded it-- And it WORKS!

Haha! Hahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*If i seem crazy... Well... Yes, i'm mad. https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/MatteAleDominik *

Edited by Domyce432

Ok, Alfred, you've won. That Glitch -- it happened twice, but i can "Fix" it in a bit of seconds.

Btw, i'm trying to get all the finals in Chapter 2, but in Hard mode now. I've completed the first Final (The best final) and duplicated the file to get all the finals and proceed with the story. Now some question time!

Q: How can i import my saved data?

Q: But [spoiler ALERT]

But if the Warp Sword didn't broken before the Interlude, who will use the Warp Sword? I won't know the name of the character if it's a spoiler, but i want know if i can use it again in the future.

Q: Uhm... You talked about two monsters recruitable-- and you've created the F. Centaur, but she will be recruitable in version 2.0?

Last Question (Not important at all) : If the days of WinZip Evalution Mode (WinZip Gratis) will end, how can i do to Download the Patch?

I can use WinRar, but i have only 39 days left (All the prove-version).

Because i want SOOOOOO much to play this Hack. Again.

-Dom.

The Ice-cream that doesn't scream.

[spoiler=Warp Sword]Faratrass will use them in her second promotion.

I think the playable monsters will be in ch.16 or 18. If 16, they'll be released in v.2.0. Otherwise, in v.3.0. I've yet to decide that.

Ok, i will wait the end of the WinRar gratis version and then i will try 7zip.

EDIT: Oh my God.OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD! 7-zip is preinstalled or something? Because i didn't downloaded it-- And it WORKS!

Haha! Hahahahaha! Hahahahahahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*If i seem crazy... Well... Yes, i'm mad. https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/MatteAleDominik *

What the heck, man? XD

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Well... What about you, Alfred?

"MilkDrinkmahtits"... I know a lot of things about you, Alfred... :smug:

Especially your YT channel. *coff coff*

You're more crazy then me. :Ninian:

wtf lol

Oh boy...

I don't think I've shared this, anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyy44X9ILhI

New Noble Knight class.

Also, skills for all promoted classes:

[spoiler=skillz]

SPECIAL UNITS
Rya: Royal Sniper -> Hawkeye (normal bows get 2-3 range; +10 Hit at 2 range)
Valpurga: Knight Queen -> Ignite (all javelins hit Res)
Kalos: Beauty King -> Love Vagrant (Female allies within 3 range have +10 Crit. Negates Rescue penalties)
Phoebe: Empress -> Inferno (Mag% chance to ignore resistance)
Shiori: Pure Lord -> Prayer (Has Dance effect / Can use Rosaries = dance rings)
Faratrass: Demon Lord -> Legendary Summon (Summons a Manakete. / Can use Summoning Orbs = summons monsters to attack)
TRAINEES (3)
Andre: Genius Pupil
Sae'rah: Super Recruit
Djambo: Furious Rebel
They all have the Duplex skill (x2 weapon rank points gain)
NORMAL UNITS
Paladin: Inspire (Hit +7 to all units within 3 range. Stacks)
General: Perfect Shield (occasionally negates all damage)
Hero: Guidance (+2 Mt to all units using weapons within 3 range. Doesn't stack)
Nemesis: Frighten (-2 Mt to all enemies within 3 range. Doesn't stack)
Swordmaster: Sword Art (Crit+15)
Spellfencer: Stun Blade (Skl/3% chance to put an enemy to sleep after hitting with a sword. Doesn't work on final boss)
Assassin: Lethality (occasionally 1HKOs enemies. Half chance against bosses. Doesn't work on final boss.)
#Sniper: Sure Shot (Skill+Luck% to Hit with 100% chance)
#Ranger: Nature Rider (+10 Avo; +20 extra Avo on Thicks)
Wyv. Master: Dracoskin (+4 Def against weapons)
Wyv. Knight: Pierce (Skl% chance to ignore defense)
Sage: Rune Expert (+2 Mt to all units using magic within 3 range. Doesn't stack)
Mageknight: Enhance Runes (magical weapons like Rune Sword get +5 Mt +10 Hit)
Exorcist: Slayer (Effectiveness against monsters)
Druid: Hex (-7 Hit/Avo to all enemies within 3 range. Stacks)
Summoner: Summon (Summons a familiar)
Rogue: Delinquent (can steal and open chests/doors without a lockpick; (Spd-5)% chance to attack twice)
Great Knight: Perfect Guard (Negates any effectiveness against this class) -> can be done easily without ASM
Warrior: Bull Blitz (+5 Mt only when attacking)
War Monk: Renewal (20% HP gain at the beginning of each turn) -> already done by crazycolorz
Berserker: Rage (+50 Crit when HP is below 50%)
Barbarian: Savage (+3 extra Def/Res on mountains; Crit+10)
Seraph Knight: Galewind (+7 Avo to all allies within 3 range. Stacks)
Wicked Flier: Deathwind (Gains effectiveness against fliers)
Valkyrie: Holy Guard (+5 Res against magic)
Dragoon: Jump (can use an 1 range lance at 2 range; -10 Hit at 2 range)
#there aren't playable Snipers or Rangers.
MONSTER UNITS
Mummy: Corrosion (x3 weapon usage against this monster)
Hellbone: Black Bone (negates Hammer-like weapon effectiveness) -> easily done through Nightmare
Hellbone(bow): Purple Bone (+2 Def against weapons; Hit+10)
Goldentula: Golden Legs (can move through enemies; +3 Mov when HP is below half)
Cyclops: Vitality (+20% HP gain at the beginning of each turn) = Renewal
Cerberus: Triple Instinct (+20 Avo while at full health)
Achilletaur: Taurine Fury (+5 Mt while at full health)
Hell Eye: Scouting (+10 Hit to all allies within 3 range. Stacks)
Gorgon: Black Hex (-10 Hit/Avo to all enemies withing 3 range. Stacks)
Neimu - Female Centaur: Arcane Healing (All staves have Mag/2 range)
Drayot - Baelstrom: : Spider Syndrome (+2 Mov and +25% Skl/Spd when HP is below half)
Death Gargoyle: Sky Devil (+30 Crit against fliers)
Phantom: Ghost (can traverse any terrain. +10 Avo against weapons)
Dracozombie: Evil Aura (-5 Mt to all enemies within 3 range. Doesn't stack)
BOSSES
King: King's Will (Skl+10% chance to do double damage)
Warp Lord: Dimensional Rift (Skl% chance to attack 5 times at half power)
Demon King: Dark God (Halves all damage received. Negates some skills. +24 HP gain at the beginning of each turn)
God: Omniaspis (Negates damage from Divine Weapons. Negates some skills. +34 HP gain at the beginning of each turn)

Edited by Alfred Kamon

Oh boy, We already saw three 'special' characters, but you have more?!

Still reading.

(Ps, you should probably spoiler that, I means, The certain someone turns evil and you're practically showing his class.)

[isolated thinking- Nemesis huh. I assume that's a fighter's split promotion. I guess I need to spice up my version of Nemesis. (Yes, I have a Nemesis in my hack, it's my game title for crying out loud, any more than that is a spoiler) Looking forward to new chapters progress.]

Edited by Fateborn

Oh boy, We already saw three 'special' characters, but you have more?!

Still reading.

(Ps, you should probably spoiler that, I means, The certain someone turns evil and you're practically showing his class.)

[isolated thinking- Nemesis huh. I assume that's a fighter's split promotion. I guess I need to spice up my version of Nemesis. (Yes, I have a Nemesis in my hack, it's my game title for crying out loud, any more than that is a spoiler) Looking forward to new chapters progress.]

I imagine Nemesis would be the replacement promotion path for Mercenary -> Ranger. Seconding putting that list in spoiler tags.

Also those boss skills are absolutely terrifying.

Also those boss skills are absolutely terrifying.

Would you rather have Idoun-level fight?

I means, I like her and all, but that chapter was an insult to a boss fight.

If anything, all bosses should be Lunatic+ Grima.