Should I recruit Karel or Harken?

Quick

Karel or Harken?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Eliwood's Story

2. 2. Hector's Story

Hypothetically, a bunch of mounted and flying units with door keys could open the four southernmost buildings before turn 9.

Assuming that it's possible to get Karel on Jerme's map, that's how you'd do it.

The northern building is much easier to get to and open than the southern and eastern buildings.

I used to have trouble recruiting Karel on Jerme's map (not that I ever wanted to), but nowadays I have to hold back to get Harken. It's really not that hard; send two or three units north and the rest of your team east. The main team will pass by the two middle buildings and the eastern building isn't far off from there. I once had Marcus sitting to recruit Harken and saw Karel walk up on turn 9 instead. It was kind of funny.

But, uh, yeah, Karel himself isn't that bad, but Harken is better in pretty much every way.

Karel's not bad, but I prefer Harken's personality, class, weapon and statspread. Jerme's chapter can die in a fire at least partially because I usually get it because it needs hero crest users. I ... usually use at least two of these.

Karel's not bad, but I prefer Harken's personality, class, weapon and statspread. Jerme's chapter can die in a fire at least partially because I usually get it because it needs hero crest users. I ... usually use at least two of these.

Would it be derailing the thread too much to discuss Kenneth's map vs. Jerme's map?

In every playthrough I've done, I've used Bartre and Raven; in some of them, I've also used Guy.

When I use Guy, I tend to get Jerme's map; when I don't, I tend to get Kenneth's.

Then again, I keep all of the spellcasters fighting; you're more likely to get Jerme's map if you don't.

I've only been to Kenneth's map once. Usually I never go there since I never use Serra and don't put much effort on Priscilla vs. raising Bartre, Guy and Raven.

I don't have much issues recruiting Karel either. Door keys and mounts are your friends, really, while the Thieves can settle for the buildings closer to your starting location.

Yeah... And I don't care for Jerme's map either.

Would it be derailing the thread too much to discuss Kenneth's map vs. Jerme's map?

In every playthrough I've done, I've used Bartre and Raven; in some of them, I've also used Guy.

When I use Guy, I tend to get Jerme's map; when I don't, I tend to get Kenneth's.

Then again, I keep all of the spellcasters fighting; you're more likely to get Jerme's map if you don't.

I've only been to Kenneth's map once. Usually I never go there since I never use Serra and don't put much effort on Priscilla vs. raising Bartre, Guy and Raven.

I don't have much issues recruiting Karel either. Door keys and mounts are your friends, really, while the Thieves can settle for the buildings closer to your starting location.

I've only been to Jerme's map... well, let's just say the number of times I've been there can be counted on one hand, considering I don't care for any of the hero crest users much, if at all.